ADVERTISEMENT

Braylon Mullins

We have a deep, experienced roster, which is very nice. How many total minutes do you think Perry, Chandler and Noah will each play this season ?? For example, here are the career minutes progressions for Willis and Hawkins, as members of talented rosters. They had to wait their turn ...
I really think that trying to compare players in the past with anyone on a Pope team is almost impossible. This is a team that their whole offensive makeup is based on the ability to shot the 3. No question that most freshman lack experience to be penciled in as a contributor but in the case of Perry and Noah their ability to shoot the 3 will change the equation. Chandler being not a typical freshman in age, he just might play to his age, freshman or not.

Is Chandler a guy that could develop into a Combo PG/SG, or does he have more of a SG/SF game? I've watched some highlights of him and was thinking he was more of a wing, but unless he grows a couple of inches, I wonder if he would be better off trying to develop PG skills if he wants to play professionally?
Nah he can't play point he lacks fluidity and sharpness with his handles. He seems to have decent vision but he won't be able to develop into a point guard. He doesn't have that ball handling ability. You can tell he hates having a guy get into his space.

Nah he can't play point he lacks fluidity and sharpness with his handles. He seems to have decent vision but he won't be able to develop into a point guard. He doesn't have that ball handling ability. You can tell he hates having a guy get into his space.

That's fair... I hadn't watched enough of him, so as I said above, I wasn't sure if he was more wing SG/SF vs potentially a longer, lanky PG like SGA.

That's fair... I hadn't watched enough of him, so as I said above, I wasn't sure if he was more wing SG/SF vs potentially a longer, lanky PG like SGA.
I gotcha. Yeah of course that's just my opinion but I would say in the mold of a 2/3 for sure. I personally don't think he will contribute much this year but in the future he could.

Wayne Turner came to UK as a scorer and thzn became a great PG. Only time will tell

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT