ADVERTISEMENT

BB Recruiting Braylon Mullins on record

Travis Graf

Jul 14, 2017
Mullins went through the seven schools in the mix and what his plans are for a decision.

Recruitment: “I think I cut it down a little bit, I’m not doing nine or 10 visits, I’m only doing six or seven.

Tennessee: “Their coaching staff, I feel like they’re one of a kind, they’re old school. They’re great people and they know how to win, and that’s definitely a big factor in it. I think that’s one of my later visits, so I’m just trying to see campus, they’re always bragging to me that it’s the nicest campus around. You’ve got to see where you’ll be living at for a couple of years.”

North Carolina: “Coach Davis, we stay in contact every once in a while. I was supposed to go on my visit with Malachi (Moreno), but he committed to UK so I think I’m going to go by myself. They’re definitely one of my schools because of the history of the program, they know how to win, and he said he can develop me. Player development is definitely key.”

Michigan: “I went on my unofficial visit a month or two ago and we did a lot of film during that visit, Coach May runs a lot of great sets. It all fits me, he runs a lot of stuff with the guards and he says he can play me off of anything, I’m not going to be just a shooter. That’s something to take into consideration and he’s built a good staff, I like everybody there.”

Duke: “Duke’s Duke, it’s that simple. Coach Scheyer is building something great over there. The history of that program and I also want to see that campus in person myself to see what it’s all about. I want to watch practice and just see how I can fit in.”

Kentucky: “I love the school and I love the coaches. Coach Pope is a great coach, I love him. I’ll get a FaceTime every once in a while from him and it’s always good to keep up with him. We also watched a lot of film when I went on my visit. There’s a statistics part of that, how I can develop, how I can get better, and how I fit in their offense. Me being the three-point shooter that I am, I can help them win games.”

UConn: “I enjoyed my official visit, it was definitely one of my better visits I had. With Coach Hurley it’s hard to come in as a program being back to back champs, and watching their practice and how he sets the tone every day, it’s like they want to keep winning. That’s definitely something to take into consideration, winning is definitely the biggest part for me, I want to win. He also told me I have the chance with my development to play at a higher level, so I have to take that into consideration as well. I love the school and I loved the visit as well.”

Indiana: “I’ve been there so many times, it’s close to home. I just don’t know if I want to stay home or not yet. That’s probably one of my best relationships built, I have spent a lot of time with that coaching staff. Coach Walsh is always texting and always calling and letting me know that I’m needed there. It’s hard to say no as an Indiana kid from there, he’s always bringing that up. I went a little bit ago and they’re changing their offense now so it’s something to look at, they’d been playing through the post a lot recently, but with guard play it fits myself as well.”

What’s Important: “I want to build the best relationship that I can with the coaches and I want to feel wanted. You’re spending a lot of time with those guys so you have to have a good relationship, so definitely the culture piece and the relationship piece. Player development, I want to get better, that’s always the goal for me.”

Decision Timeline: “I want to do it before our first game, which is November 26th I think. I think my last visit is October 26th, so between then and the first game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.