ADVERTISEMENT

Braylon Mullins news

sure would like to add this youngster
with a screen and move offense featuring Mullings & JJ + a point guard that can score & make the right pass on time, it would be as
much fun as the Pitino days. This would also leave driving lanes for dunks for the big guys.
But I am afraid this will be another NIL decision.. I am sure that IU has a bundle ready to hand to him, while UK
won't have that much available. The love of $ will out weight the love of the game
Why do you think UK won't have the necessary NIL? We were willing to pay Hurley $7 million more than Pope to coach here. Surely that extra money is somewhere UK-related, right?
UConn is in the lead or is being reported as In the lead. I think it’s UConn vs IU and Kentucky playing catchup
You're a great guy, but you rarely have us in the lead for anyone.

UK also visiting him this week.
Is there a world where first year Pope beats:

Calipari, Oats, and UNC for Jasper Johnson

Indiana, UNC, and Calipari for Moreno

Indiana, Hurley, and Duke for Mullins

Calipari, homestate G-Tech, Oats, Scheyer, and Pearl for Wilson

Scheyer, Hurley, and UNC for Lewis?

Yes. Yes there is. That world exists.

Why do you think UK won't have the necessary NIL? We were willing to pay Hurley $7 million more than Pope to coach here. Surely that extra money is somewhere UK-related, right?

You're a great guy, but you rarely have us in the lead for anyone.
I’ve been wrong like 5 times, every other time it’s turns out I am correct. UConn is widely being reported the leaded with IU right there and Kentucky maybe third. The min UK got jasper here I think it made things a big uneasy for Mullins coming here.

Reactions: Fox2monk
They've offered Acuff, Thomas, Dybantsa, Yessoufou, Cenac, Reibe, Ament, Lewis, and Mullins. There's a good chance they miss out on all of them.
Bad wording on my part, guys Hurley keys in on and sends the full court press for, you have to think UConn gets now. Now of course when I’m overly negative Kentucky gets somebody to commit to us, and when I’m overly confident Kentucky is getting somebody they don’t end up here. So I need to find a middle ground.

Bad wording on my part, guys Hurley keys in on and sends the full court press for, you have to think UConn gets now. Now of course when I’m overly negative Kentucky gets somebody to commit to us, and when I’m overly confident Kentucky is getting somebody they don’t end up here. So I need to find a middle ground.
I think you may be defending a position because you took a position of saying UConn is the favorite.

Hurley is a confident guy and has done a great coaching job. However, he is not yet at the pinnacle of recruiting and UConn the location is not for everyone. He may ultimately get Mullins, but he is not the recruiting juggernaut Calipari or Coach K (at the end when he got a head start on NIL) were. You may be giving him more credit than he deserves from a recruiting perspective. So far, he has not made a splash in this talent rich class.

Even though I hope he comes to Ky, I think it is going to be difficult for him to say no to Indiana. Ky is closer geographically and culturally to him than UConn. By all accounts, his family loves Pope. He would be a perfect fit in Pope’s offense and would benefit from having other great players around him to keep defenses from playing him tight at the three point line. He just needs Pope to give him and his family confidence that there are ample opportunities for him to succeed and excel with players like Johnson and Lewis on the floor with him. If we can get him on campus(big if), I like Pope’s chances.

Wasn’t just me. KSR reported it too. It’s supposedly back on and his high school coach came out today and said he might still visit Tennessee. So something got reported out of his camp. I’m tapping out on this one as the info is suspect.
He SaID He WaS LeGiT AnD HaD SoUrCeS.

Just playing, kinda

• Haha
His dad sounded iffy after JJ committed. Good to see he’s still visiting UK.
Hopefully, it’s still a long way away, I’m hoping he comes earlier because it’s a long time between IU and UK visits. Don’t want him swayed by the IU visit and commit before he makes it.

Five-star guard Braylon Mullins of Greenfield-Central (IN) and the Indiana Basketball Club is poised to cut his Top 10 to a Top 5 next week, his high school coach told ZAGSBLOG.

“He’s going to release his top 5 and announcement date early next week after his IU visit this weekend,” coach Luke Meredith said.

Five-star guard Braylon Mullins of Greenfield-Central (IN) and the Indiana Basketball Club is poised to cut his Top 10 to a Top 5 next week, his high school coach told ZAGSBLOG.

“He’s going to release his top 5 and announcement date early next week after his IU visit this weekend,” coach Luke Meredith said.

That sounds to me like an Indiana lean for sure. “Kentucky’s visit may be taken out or moved”. We will see. Pope is supposed to visit this week. Not sure if that has happened.

I will readily admit that I do not understand NIL.
I am simply looking at any type of major company that is headquartered in Lexington that could be a driving force in NIL backing.
Arkansas has Wal*Mart, Tyson Foods, Memphis has Federal Express, BYU has the church. UK simply does not have anything of this nature, and relies mainly on the generosity of the Craft family, and some of the local car dealerships. I see that now UT is charging a 10% "fee" on season tickets to help fund their NIL. Does UK do anything like this? Are there other sources of NIL funding that I have not read about?

Why did Jeff Mullins choose Duke if he's a Lexington Native anyone?
Vince Taylor is another Lexington native who went to Duke, I think Kentucky recruited him, but he was set on going to Duke. Mullins was heavily recruited to Kentucky, despite being Kentucky's Mr. basketball, he went to Duke too.

Reactions: Smashcat
That sounds to me like an Indiana lean for sure. “Kentucky’s visit may be taken out or moved”. We will see. Pope is supposed to visit this week. Not sure if that has happened.
Yeah he's going to Indiana but we have Johnson and from what Travis Graf said last night Lewis is our to lose so I'm fine with it.

Vince Taylor is another Lexington native who went to Duke, I think Kentucky recruited him, but he was set on going to Duke. Mullins was heavily recruited to Kentucky, despite being Kentucky's Mr. basketball, he went to Duke too.
Mullins wasn’t a Lex native. Grew up in NY. Dad was transferred for work and Mullins was in HS. Might have been IBM. They didn’t grow up as UK fans. More East coast guys from the get go. Mullins was offered by UK but was an east coast guy all along.

Last edited:
Reactions: megablue
Mullins wasn’t a Lex native. Grew up in NY. Dad was transferred for work and Mullins was in HS. Might have been IBM. They didn’t grow up as UK fans. More East coast guys from the get go. Mullins was offered by UK but was an east coast guy all along.
He had been in Lexington since he was 15 years old and graduated from Lafayette High school, I guess he was one of those not swayed by the big blue.

Reactions: megablue
I'm not positive, but I believe Taylor's Father was a professor at UK, too ... oddly enough.
Taylor had a nice career at Duke. He was good.

Nah, you clearly said you had intel and spoke with certainty that it was UCONN and IU and when I called out your bs then you ran to him to say your legit. The thread is still up if you need to review. Own it or don’t, up to you but you sold it as you have intel and legit and maybe most time you do but your clearly trying hide behind his validation of you.

Nah, you clearly said you had intel and spoke with certainty that it was UCONN and IU and when I called out your bs then you ran to him to say your legit. The thread is still up if you need to review. Own it or don’t, up to you but you sold it as you have intel and legit and maybe most time you do but your clearly trying hide behind his validation of you.
I did…and the same info got to your insiders. I thought we hashed that out already…and I was kidding with you bs or not. Im sorry if my info wasn’t liked by a few. So I’ll refrain next time.

I did…and the same info got to your insiders. I thought we hashed that out already…and I was kidding with you bs or not. Im sorry if my info wasn’t liked by a few. So I’ll refrain next time.
will ferrell everybody love everybody GIF
@Victorbmyboy @Skyguyb27

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT