ADVERTISEMENT

Branham doesn't think Ivisic ends up at UK

It’s not CALs fault the admissions department are being ridiculous and letting the guy/replacement in. I get being upset at cal for some things but this is not his fault at all
That's the story we are being told. I suspect there's a lot more to the story, and the admissions office is being made the scapegoat. Just a hunch.

Uh he can't get a visa until he's enrolled in school so UK is the problem.

That's your assumption. There is a myriad of ways a visa can get denied. (a quick google search will illustrate that) I have heard students on campus with far more dubious English than Ivisic's, so I'm very dubious of this being an English test issue, or that admissions are just trying to screw Kentucky basketball. There is something we are not being told. After the whole Kanter drama, you would think that Cal would learn not to wait to the last second to get a Euro player on the roster.

• Haha
Reactions: bookerfan66
That's your assumption. There is a myriad of ways a visa can get denied. (a quick google search will illustrate that) I have heard students on campus with far more dubious English than Ivisic's, so I'm very dubious of this being an English test issue, or that admissions are just trying to screw Kentucky basketball. There is something we are not being told. After the whole Kanter drama, you would think that Cal would learn not to wait to the last second to get a Euro player on the roster.
You keep saying there's more to it...so what is it? What's the real story since the admissions thing is clearly not real (according to you)?

You keep saying there's more to it...so what is it? What's the real story since the admissions thing is clearly not real (according to you)?
Clearly you seem to think I stated that I knew for a fact what that issue was.
I stated it was just a hunch.
So, tell me which of these 2 are a more reasonable assumption:

1. That Admissions is just trying to screw Kentucky basketball over?
or
2. There's some other issue afoot?

Last edited:
I listened... here is my update I posted on HOB..

Branham/Pilgrim...

on Big Z - Said there is more going on behind the scenes, than maybe has been known/rumored. Doesn't think he ends up at UK unless a "hail mary" happens at the last moment. DePaul is current rumored potential destination.

Asked about Somto coming in mid-season. Doesn't think that happens, and Travis said he needs another year of college.

Predicted UK loses most of current roster at end of season.. only 3-5 players will be back (Reed, Ugo, Thiero, Burks,,,).. 2024 is weak class. Thinks UK probably only signs 3-4 guys from HS... and rest from portal and international. Travis does not think the BigZ thing hurts UK with future international players.

Boogie Fland visit went really well. Thinks UK leads but Indiana is team to beat. All their coaches flying in to visit him tonight, to try and turn things around from the UK visit.
How does UK lead but Indiana is the team to beat? By that statement, UK is already beating them??

He did resolve the situation he went and got a player and something out of his control is stopping the player from being here
No, he waited until the last minute and then threw a hail mary which fell ten yards short and incomplete. Now he's using the university for cover.

From that article, and Blanton was consulted, Ivisic could have till mid-October to get enrolled. Sounds to me like there's a good chance he will be part of the team. I was getting pessimistic until seeing this. Good work by Ben Roberts.
JFC it's Shaedon Sharpe all over again.

This Ivisic situation is out of Cal's control (language test).

The Sharpe situation is out of Cal's control (handler).

The St. Peter's loss is out of Cal's control (Cal can't make free throws for the players).

The Kansas State loss is out of Cal's control (there was dissention on the team).

9-16 is out of Cal's control (Covid).

For a guy who gets paid $10 million/year to make sure he's in control, it's pretty wild how often these things are "out of Cal's control."

I'm laughing at bunch of you right now. You know who you are.

Last edited:

The St. Peter's loss out of Cal's control (Cal can't make free throws for the players).

The Kansas State loss out of Cal's control (there was dissention on the team).

For a guy who gets paid $10 million/year to make sure he's in control, it's pretty wild how often these things are "out of Cal's control."

At some point, you have to own up and quit blaming others for your misfortune.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
He went got ivisic in early august, and the kid has been committed for over a month. This is in no way CALs fault, blaming him is crazy
August is the END of the summer, Einstein. Oscar had notified him LONG before that he wasn't coming back. Cal did nothing.

I guess you're one of THOSE, who has to have everything spelled out for him.

Would you like me to draw you a chart?

The St. Peter's loss out of Cal's control (Cal can't make free throws for the players).

The Kansas State loss out of Cal's control (there was dissention on the team).

Its been said quite often by MJ at KSR, that Cal doesn't have a relationship with anyone on campus outside of the basketball team. I still think admissions have screwed us over with this kid, but maybe if Cal had a relationship with them, this would have gotten smoothed over. Just maybe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT