ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Ingram gains 23 lbs and ton of ugly tats...

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
I'm thinking at least 3 lbs of that weight gain is in ink.

Where are all the posters pondering over how players can afford all the tattoos they get? Ingram probably got couple thousand worth in less than 3 months. He had no tats when he signed with Duke in July.

Whatever - kid is going to be a player.

Was hoping it was a photo of him double-fisting two of those new Burger King HA1loween Whoppers on the couch. But those 23 pounds look like all muscle.

I don't remember him having any visible tattoos. Now he has at least 15 different tattoos that I can see.
Also curious as to where the 23 pounds went.

This past Spring he was skinnier than Tayshaun Prince. He needed to add some weight.

23 lbs of muscle in a summer? On a body that had resisted it for 18 years? Things that make you go hmmm.

I'm sorry - there are tats, and there are ugly tats. Those are ugly tats. Too dark and monochrome - look like they were all from the same tattoo artist and were drawn on with a blue marker. Going to look strange when he gets older and he's 40 lbs heavier.

And he did have one tat before he signed with Duke - the one one the inside of his left forearm. All the rest were added in the last 2 months.

He had one on his left wrist as well when he announced for Duke and then multiple more before he actually signed his LOI.

Reactions: Crank_it_loud
Duke usually doesn't have guys with more than one or two tattoo's.....it will be kinda weird when we play seeing a guy with that many tats in a Duke uniform.

I know a lot of people who have gotten tats in the last couple of years that wish they never got them.

As far as weight gain... That's reasonable. When I used to be a trainer I could easily add that to him with him being 6'9". Most of your gains come from your first few months of lifting. When your body is shocked and starts growing to accommodate the extra resistance against it all it needs is food and lots of it along with a healthy amount of protein.

I enjoyed the Ingram recruitment immensely because it was such a kick in the teeth to UNC. It would be like a 5 star kid from Pikeville picking Louisville over Kentucky. I never did understand why he waited so late to commit - it was obvious from Day 1 where he was going.

As far as Ingram's weight gain, hopefully Harris can pull off a similar feat with Wenyen next Summer.

Duke usually doesn't have guys with more than one or two tattoo's.....it will be kinda weird when we play seeing a guy with that many tats in a Duke uniform.
Doesn't seem to fit the typical Duke-Wojo-bible-school-10 Plumlee havin'-severe-part-in-the-hair-player. But then again . . .
CALmX0gWgAE5B5B.jpg:large

Awesome tats. I hope a few of our incoming freshmen get tatted up. I hope Skal gets sleeves.

WTF? He didn't have any tats at the beginning of summer and now he's tat-covered from top to bottom. Appears Brandon's had an interesting summer.

This is Ingram before the weight gain (and tats). I think he's going to be really, really good once he matures physically. He'll never really see his ceiling at Duke though. Would be shocked if he's not OAD based on potential alone.

When you watch Brandon this year, you need to remember that Wenyen Gabriel should follow the same trajectory.

ingram.jpg

How in the world did he randomly afford all those tats? I like to think I make a decent living and could not afford all those ... obviously because I have a family to take care of, but even if I didn't ... those are expensive.

How in the world did he randomly afford all those tats? I like to think I make a decent living and could not afford all those ... obviously because I have a family to take care of, but even if I didn't ... those are expensive.
Maybe the NCAA needs to look into this. :scream:

Maybe the NCAA needs to look into this. :scream:

Doesn't seem to fit the typical Duke-Wojo-bible-school-10 Plumlee havin'-severe-part-in-the-hair-player. But then again . . .

Several Duke players since the late 90's have had tattoos. Boozer, Irving, Nolan's tattoo of his father, Dahntay Jones, Nate James, Daniel Ewing, Sean Dockery, and I swear Shelden Williams got one his senior year.

Duke's weight program is outstanding. Kyle Singler and Amile Jefferson both got much bigger from the time they left high school to the start of their sophomore years. Unfortunately, Brandon likely won't be in a Duke uniform at the start of next year.

This is Ingram before the weight gain (and tats). I think he's going to be really, really good once he matures physically. He'll never really see his ceiling at Duke though. Would be shocked if he's not OAD based on potential alone.

When you watch Brandon this year, you need to remember that Wenyen Gabriel should follow the same trajectory.

ingram.jpg
No

I would love to know how players can afford tattoos regardless of where they attended school.

Back in 2004, I roomed with a UK volleyball player in an off campus apartment. Scholarship athletes received a monthly stipend in addition to their tuition, books, fees, etc paid for. Her monthly stipend was $1,024. At least at UK, the athletes had the money to cover tattoos.

Ugly tat comments coming from a fan base that just had Dennis Rodman.... I mean Cauley-Stein
Outside of the neck tattoo, Cauley-Stein's tattoos were nice. Ingram having that many tattoos on his arms that aren't connected look terrible. Either have a couple or a sleeve. I hope this is just temporary and he gets a sleeve after the season, because yikes his tattoos look terrible right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT