ADVERTISEMENT

Bradshaw didn’t need to be in game

Cal coached a hell of a game. Unreal someone would post bashing Cal after that win. Clueless
I agree, we had a good game plan, got up by 14 a couple times. Not Cal’s fault that we played really dumb everyone that happened. Maybe a sub of Reed here or there, a couple questionable things like the Tech. Overall well done and we won a close, top 10 matchup at the end. Right at the time we usually play our worst. I’m stoked because we won 2/3 OOC matchups we needed for our March Resume.

Cal is as bad of an X’s and O’s coach as there is. But I will enjoy this win and he won’t ‘steal my joy’ as he likes to say. Our players are good and their team chemistry seems excellent. That’s what it will take to overcome Cal’s coaching and it looks like these guys are special. It’s early but I’m enjoying this team thus far.
This is incredibly stupid in every way. I assume you are actually dumb enough to believe this is not just total hyperbole.

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I think we'll see that Bradshaw shoots it a lot better than we think.
He shot 75% from the line in HS. A free throw is a free throw is a free throw. As he gets more of a sample size I expect his percentage to rise. The coaches see him shoot in practice, they have a better idea of how he shoots from the line than we do. I have to imagine if he was truly atrocious from the line he wouldn't have been in.

Reactions: grevey35
It's crazy obvious if you actually watch the play, Bradshaw was the safety. There were 2 or 3 others it was designed to go first, they were covered and Reed had to get it in so Bradshaw was the safe play. That's not on Cal. It's just not.

I asked my son why our best free throw shooter was throwing the ball in ??
I have zero problem with this. If you’ve ever coached then you should see the value in having your smartest and most focused player throwing the ball in that situation. I’ve always thought cal erred by having our bigs inbound the ball.

It's crazy obvious if you actually watch the play, Bradshaw was the safety. There were 2 or 3 others it was designed to go first, they were covered and Reed had to get it in so Bradshaw was the safe play. That's not on Cal. It's just not.
Correct. We have idiots out here thinking that was a play drawn up for Bradshaw lol. Basketball Benny my ass

Correct. We have idiots out here thinking that was a play drawn up for Bradshaw lol. Basketball Benny my ass
People here have a tendency to act like whatever the result of a play is is what Cal told the team to do. We could have the perfect play drawn up and have a guy miss a layup and people would bitch that Cal told the guy to miss.

This board sucks.

I decided to visit the IC board for sheets n giggles to see how the other half deals with the loss of a close game like this.

Unsurprisingly the light blue fans (some of them) were just as rational as some here are. Some fairly well balanced, some very ‘pro’ but many very ‘con’ so it doesn’t only happen here on RR.

Color me shocked bcuz I was under the impression that ‘these’ types of posts were a mirror images of each other. Just ignore the usernames and you would think it’s the same fan base

This is incredibly stupid in every way. I assume you are actually dumb enough to believe this is not just total hyperbole.
You should change your username to ‘kybassfanjr’. Everything you post or reply to is negative. Take note that I didn’t say ‘stupid’ or ‘dumb’.

On the last possession but he made one out of 2. He should have been replaced by One of the guards for ball handling and free throws. Basic basketball. I don’t make 10 million a year but I was yelling on the dead ball with 4 seconds. Cal is a horrible game manager. I am glad for the win.
Laaaaaaaaaaaame🫠

On the last possession but he made one out of 2. He should have been replaced by One of the guards for ball handling and free throws. Basic basketball. I don’t make 10 million a year but I was yelling on the dead ball with 4 seconds. Cal is a horrible game manager. I am glad for the win.
You are so brilliant. You need to be a college coach. Wow!

Go back to your job at Dairy Queen.

If this were an NCAA game, I would be right with you on this one. But, considering it is an early season non-conference game, maybe it was a confidence builder?? Also, it has only been 2+ games for Aaron. Maybe Cal knows he is a better FT shooter and is giving him a chance because of it??

Without Bradshaw, we would have lost. His presence alone helped deflect passes on the inside while causing UNCHEATS player's to change some their shots when they drove inside.

Bradshaw played great late. He missed a couple, but he also hit some clutch FT's. He had that huge rebound at the end of the shot clock.

As others have said, you need a safety valve on the inbounds plays in case no one can get open.

And if he was out and N.C. collects a rebound you're crying why wasn't Bradshaw in the game? Basic basketball.

Ok anything else you can find to bitch about ? Stupid post !

Reactions: 59coop and grevey35
It's quite clear that Cal getting a big top10 win really ruined some poster's weekend. Now they have to move the goalposts and say something like "Well, when Cal beats a top FIVE team, then i'll say he can stay".

I've never seen so much griping about beating a top10 team on a neutral site, when we had several really bad calls go against us. Any other fanbase, including Duke and Kansas, would call this a great success.

Maybe so but I have always liked to see a poor free throw shooter out at that point. I am critiquing too closely but a a win over UNC is huge. It is just hard not to be skeptical after the UNCW flop and the last several years
I agree. Honestly going 9-16 should never be forgiven. Back in the olden days Cal would’ve never had the chance to coach this team. His head would still be on a spike somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT