ADVERTISEMENT

Brad White

mrschwump

All-American
Nov 4, 2006
UK's D is being widely praised and Brad White is receiving major props. A reminder that White is actually Co-DC with CB coach Chris Collins, whose contract was extended and was given a promotion in the off season. I would anticipate, however, that people will be coming after White very soon. Doesn't mean UK will lose him, he's said to be most happy at UK, but come Dec I expect people to start throwing money at him.

UK's D is being widely praised and Brad White is receiving major props. A reminder that White is actually Co-DC with CB coach Chris Collins, whose contract was extended and was given a promotion in the off season. I would anticipate, however, that people will be coming after White very soon. Doesn't mean UK will lose him, he's said to be most happy at UK, but come Dec I expect people to start throwing money at him.
I agree, he is getting a lot media attention and that usually means $$ to keep him. Teams will show interest as a possible HC. Just the nature of the beast. Good to have Collins.

Reactions: The-Hack
Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if but when and where? Three or four programs in this conference alone could at least call this offseason.

I think Collins was named Co DC to have someone in place to not miss a beat once BW gets snagged up.

Would expect Stoops to make a push for him to be one of the highest paid coordinators in the land, maybe even give him Co HC/HC of D title or something, this off season to try and keep him.

Yeah, I don't think it's a matter of if but when and where? Three or four programs in this conference alone could at least call this offseason.

I think Collins was named Co DC to have someone in place to not miss a beat once BW gets snagged up.

Would expect Stoops to make a push for him to be one of the highest paid coordinators in the land, maybe even give him Co HC/HC of D title or something, this off season to try and keep him.
Collins has quietly put several CBs in the NFL the past few years. Hairston is next and Hardaway and his young guys are very talented, true freshman Nichols made a helluva play today vs one of the top WRs in college football. White and Collins will be in demand.

If Stoops retires after this year and we hire Sumrall, I hope we retain White and Marrow. Remember, Sumrall was on staff with these guys and is probably still friends with them so something to keep in mind.

Very good tactical coaching job by staff.

1. UK was rushing the passer with those stunts up the middle that kept UK in their pass rush lanes so Dart had to throw....which took his scrambling away.
2. I liked how UK brought pressure at times....we never just rushed 3 either. UK always rushed 4 (Fearby, Deone, Ox, JJ alot)...and didn't let Dart just sit there and pick it apart. Even though the 47 yard TD came at UK brinign some pressure.....I just thought much more aggressiveness this year which is a welcome sight.
3. Kudos to Waller and Nichols...held up solid without Max. Nice job coaching up the next guy by UK staff.
4. UK D was very physical....which has been the hallmark of the season. Many good hits. Knocked their RB out of game, Dart got a few Walker elbows to his chin (UK was wanting to put some licks on him).

The only negative...UK safeties are not playing well. Zion is much better at the nickel...but the deep safety stuff is poor. Ty Bryant is a good tackler. Lovett isn't a great athlete but his instincts are still poor. I have no idea why Story sort of was in awe on that long pass play to extend Ole Miss on last drive. I really hope one of the kids sort of take the Safety spot and we can bench an upper classmen.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT