ADVERTISEMENT

Box score if we beat Purdue

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
Would look much like what Northwestern did.

Purdue out rebounded them 52 to 27, shot 42 free throws, but they were like 5 for 19 from 3 and had 17 TO’s. Scored 88 points and lost. Edey had 35 and 14 boards. This is what I’d expect from us. But maybe better defense later in year.

Purdue is like some of our recent teams last few years.

No offense to Purdue, although Edey would get his regardless, I think the tempo of play and overall quickness and team athleticism of Kentucky would give Purdue a lot of fits..... although right now it's easy to say that about our team against anyone in the country.... so that's not necessarily saying THAT much.

I will say, I would really love to see a Purdue - Kentucky Final Four matchup this year. I'd love to see, say, Kansas and UCONN (Maybe Arizona?) on the other side of that to play the winner of us and Purdue for the title game.

Bring it on, I'd settle for that right now. I'd take Kentucky all day in that Final Four this year.

I like this team.

Go big Blue

Loyer is still a major liability on defense as much as any top 10-15 program has. He can't guard a lamp post. That will be their downfall, again, unless Painter can figure something out defensively.

Doubt we get to beat Purdue. We’ll be a 1 seed. They most likely will be too.

We will make the FF. Purdue won’t.

Having a Freshman Bradshaw guarding someone like Edey is just not something I would love. Yeah, I think we beat them the majority of times, but you always have the potential for a meme Edey 30 point and 15 rebound game were he also sprays it out to their shooters the whole game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT