ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Games

The new passing record is going to be over 6000 yards, that's insane. The total TDs is pretty crazy too, and average of over 4 per game.
I think he came up 27 yards short of 6000. Wow! that's all I got.

BYU pooped the bed in this game. Go 5-0 versus Pac-12 and end with a huge disappointment.

Hats off to UAB.

I watched that game, BYU had to play without their starting QB, but still scored 28 points, ought to be plenty to win against a mid level C-USA team, but could not stop UAB's offense, gave up a lot of yards running and passing. Damn, the PAC 12 must really suck if Brigham Young went 5-0 against them. In fact, won four of those PAC 12 games with less than 28 points they scored yesterday.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
2 games scheduled today.

Dec. 21Frisco
Frisco, Tex.
7:30 p.m. (ESPN) UTSA (12-1) vs. San Diego State (11-2)
Dec. 21Famous Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho
3:30 p.m. (ESPN) Kent State (7-6) vs. Wyoming (6-6)

Pulling for Wyoming and UTSA.

Saw where the bowl game with Tulsa in Myrtle Beach drew a "crowd" of 6557. About what the Class 5A championship game I attended drew at Commonwealth Stadium. At least two of the earlier bowl games including the one in Orlando, drew announced attendance at 12,000 or less, one was 9500 or so.

I mean, why bother? Just play the game at one or the other team's home stadium and be done with it, only reason to have bowl games like that is for TV content, lets be honest.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
MAC commish bitching about the fiasco that occurred at the end of the NIU-Coastal bowl last night. Won't change anything, maybe no more bowls for that officiating crew, but good for him.
UK fans know first hand that a bad call by a ref will not prevent him from working other bowl games. The PAC 12 ref that booted Snell for refusing help to get up is still the most ridiculous call I've ever seen in college football and nothing ever happened to him.

Reactions: mrschwump
Saw where the bowl game with Tulsa in Myrtle Beach drew a "crowd" of 6557. About what the Class 5A championship game I attended drew at Commonwealth Stadium. At least two of the earlier bowl games including the one in Orlando, drew announced attendance at 12,000 or less, one was 9500 or so.

I mean, why bother? Just play the game at one or the other team's home stadium and be done with it, only reason to have bowl games like that is for TV content, lets be honest.
And for sponsorship and the massive tax cuts corporations get.

This is the second time I’ve seen SDSU play this year and the WR Matthews has amazing hands. Makes some crazy grabs. If he entered the portal he’d have a lot of interest.

Does anyone else think it would be funny as hell if Central Florida knocked off the Gators? I am for the Knights in this one.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
Does anyone else think it would be funny as hell if Central Florida knocked off the Gators? I am for the Knights in this one.

I am too but it's gonna be kind of a letdown after UF canned their coach. I still plan on watching though.

Reactions: Tskware
I am too but it's gonna be kind of a letdown after UF canned their coach. I still plan on watching though.
Central Florida is starting a true freshman at quarterback instead of Joey Gatewood. Man he may have been the most overrated 4 star quarterback ever coming out of high school, although I realize that's a long list

Central Florida is starting a true freshman at quarterback instead of Joey Gatewood. Man he may have been the most overrated 4 star quarterback ever coming out of high school, although I realize that's a long list
But stoops was crazy for not starting him and can’t blame kid for getting away from this stafff. Seems I heard that here a lot

Hey now, this is serious business! It would be devastating. Really need SEC teams to win bowl games. We always make fun of the other conferences’ weak bowl tie-ins, but cannot afford to lose another (Mizzou/Army) easy peasy gimme game for the league.

Yes. Rutgers to replace Texas AM, think I saw that on ESPN
Hey now, this is serious business! It would be devastating. Really need SEC teams to win bowl games. We always make fun of the other conferences’ weak bowl tie-ins, but cannot afford to lose another (Mizzou/Army) easy peasy gimme game for the league.
LOL at Florida right now

At least for these lesser bowls, why not?

Why do we need SEC teams to win bowl games? I only need one SEC team to win a bowl game and that's my Kentucky Wildcats. I could give a flying horse fart what other teams do. Other conference team winning does not help our team or recruiting at all. Do you honestly think fans of other teams, especially football schools (which KY aspires to be btw), give a crap about what the Cats do in the Citrus Bowl?

All of this go conference crap makes zero sense

Reactions: bigbluedon
But stoops was crazy for not starting him and can’t blame kid for getting away from this stafff. Seems I heard that here a lot
I remember watching his HUDL videos when he was leaving Auburn. He was slow and inaccurate. I couldn't figure out what the hype was about.

Why do we need SEC teams to win bowl games? I only need one SEC team to win a bowl game and that's my Kentucky Wildcats. I could give a flying horse fart what other teams do. Other conference team winning does not help our team or recruiting at all. Do you honestly think fans of other teams, especially football schools (which KY aspires to be btw), give a crap about what the Cats do in the Citrus Bowl?

Can't agree at all. Bowl games help frame the discussion of "best" conference. Playing and coaching in the best conference is important to an awful lot of people.

Sure it is and there is nothing wrong with that. Even with few fans in the stands, the sponsor is looking for advertising. So long as there are willing advertisers a bowl will exist just like any tv show. It's meant to be a treat for players and fans to travel to one of these bowls. Having at one teams home field would be both unfair and boring. Not only that, many teams may not have the facilities. I don't think you'll ever see it.

Reactions: The-Hack

You want the SEC to go 1-11? What is wrong with you? We’ll each be a laughingstock of the United States.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
So, Memphis hauled all their players, staff and others to Hawaii and got no game. That has to be a financial hit for someone!
Hopefully they bought some travel insurance…. Hopefully they’ll at least get some beach time after going all the way out there.

You want the SEC to go 1-11? What is wrong with you? We’ll each be a laughingstock of the United States.
Wrong. The "1" team will not be a laughingstock. I sure will not lose a wink of sleep if every other team in our conference loses their bowl game I will find it to be quite humorous.

Maybe it's the former athlete in me that makes it hard for me to cheer for another team besides my own. Or maybe I'm just not so co-dependent that I have to have those around me doing well to feel like I'm doing well?

Sure it is and there is nothing wrong with that. Even with few fans in the stands, the sponsor is looking for advertising. So long as there are willing advertisers a bowl will exist just like any tv show. It's meant to be a treat for players and fans to travel to one of these bowls. Having at one teams home field would be both unfair and boring. Not only that, many teams may not have the facilities. I don't think you'll ever see it.
I'm not against the small bowls per se I understand the TV content and advertising but as far as the fans no one's going to those games so it's not really a reward for the fans

Outside of our bowl and the playoffs, there isn’t a single interesting game on the slate. In years past I’ve watched almost all the games. The matchups this season just seem horrible.

Reactions: GoofyMane1017
Georgia State demolished Ball St, 51-20 in their bowl. Significance of that is that new UK CB coach Collins was the recruiting coordinator for GSU that put that team together. Impressive team speed.

Georgia State demolished Ball St, 51-20 in their bowl. Significance of that is that new UK CB coach Collins was the recruiting coordinator for GSU that put that team together. Impressive team speed.
MAC has been terrible so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT