ADVERTISEMENT

Boston #4 in final Rivals rankings

Love his game and love this year's class with the freshman coming in, as well as the transfers (Pending Sarr eligibility). Should be special if we have a season!!

Reactions: Fox2monk and ORCAT
Crazy to think he is our 1st Rivals top 5 kid since 2015. Duke has had 8 during that time and still hasn't won a title. I don't hear the media talking about how Coach K has failed though.

No more top5's for them now haha. They only have 1 top20 recruit. Seems UNC might have the better class. They seem to have peelefd off a few late and a few of their guys are on the rise.

What has caused Clarke to drop in the rankings? I remember when he first reclassified people were debating if he was the best player in the class.
He didnt play enough in the public eyes hes kinda of a hidden superstar if that's possible cause we know the guy is star it's like he wasn't seen enough ....how is that even possible? I dont care if the coach tries to hide his team!!

He didnt play enough in the public eyes hes kinda of a hidden superstar if that's possible cause we know the guy is star it's like he wasn't seen enough ....how is that even possible? I dont care if the coach tries to hide his team!!

since the last update a few months ago...... no one has played much in the public eye. not enough to change the rankings. most people figured these sites would just keep rankings as they were.

I don't know about you guys, but Clarke at #7 is a joke. Boston definitely deserves to be #4, but from what I have seen, Clarke is better than Boston. Clarke has an insane motor, great handle and some serious dog. Boston appears to be a Kevin Knox type of guy, can shoot, but has a bit of a reserved personality, but I get the feeling Clarke wants to rip your head off and feed it to you.

Can't wait to see those two play in bigtime college games.

just a giant middle finger respectively to everyone putting Mobley ahead of Clarke..... 100% just for potential.

is there a game of his online where he dominated? every single one I watched this past season was him getting beat by better players.
Not too high on
just a giant middle finger respectively to everyone putting Mobley ahead of Clarke..... 100% just for potential.

is there a game of his online where he dominated? every single one I watched this past season was him getting beat by better players.
Personally I think he's soft.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Love his game and love this year's class with the freshman coming in, as well as the transfers (Pending Sarr eligibility). Should be special if we have a season!!

there had better damn well be a college basketball season. March madness being cancelled was a disgrace. If there's not then we're on bread lines and living in open warfare with each other and sports doesn't much matter quite frankly

Composite rankings:

Boston- 4
Clarke- 7
Askew-27
Jackson- 30
Ware- 36
Fletcher- 60

Boston and Clarke are the only composite 5-stars.

They will be starters, along with Brooks and Sarr.

I think Mintz beats out Askew for the fifth starter spot. His experience will be invaluable to this club.

Get this: Five of the top eight ranked schools are from the SEC.

I don't recall ever seeing anything remotely close to that before.
SEC gonna be tough this coming season. Tennesee has a couple of 5 star shooting guards and they some nice players returning. Auburn should be right there too.

SEC gonna be tough this coming season. Tennesee has a couple of 5 star shooting guards and they some nice players returning. Auburn should be right there too.

Auburn loses a crap ton of experience, though. I can never trust a full rebuild. Only some coaches can pull that off, and I'm not convinced if Bruce Pearl is one of them

Composite rankings:

Boston- 4
Clarke- 7
Askew-27
Jackson- 30
Ware- 36
Fletcher- 60

Boston and Clarke are the only composite 5-stars.

They will be starters, along with Brooks and Sarr.

I think Mintz beats out Askew for the fifth starter spot. His experience will be invaluable to this club.

It’s changed since I posted this.

Askew is down to 30. Jackson up to 28. Fletcher up to 59.

Askew has taken a hit here at the end of the season. Was a composite 5-star a few weeks ago. Now a composite 4-star.

Glad we have Mintz, because I think Askew will struggle as a Freshman. Just my opinion. He isn’t a typical super athletic Cal PG.

Crazy to think he is our 1st Rivals top 5 kid since 2015. Duke has had 8 during that time and still hasn't won a title. I don't hear the media talking about how Coach K has failed though.

Who with any credibility says Cal’s a failure? You got a few lunatics on this board. You have some scumbag journalists that deliberately stir up the lunatics. Beyond that, anyone with any basketball knowledge and sense knows he’d been a huge success. To do what he has done with essentially children is amazing.

Askew has taken a hit here at the end of the season. Was a composite 5-star a few weeks ago. Now a composite 4-star.

Glad we have Mintz, because I think Askew will struggle as a Freshman. Just my opinion. He isn’t a typical super athletic Cal PG.
I agree. I think Askew will struggle too but I'm higher on Mintz than most. He's kind of a forgotten man because he didn't play last year but he was a pretty good player two years ago for a top 25 team. And you can't replace his experience. If he doesn't turn the ball over a ton then he's probably better than Hagans.

I don't know about you guys, but Clarke at #7 is a joke. Boston definitely deserves to be #4, but from what I have seen, Clarke is better than Boston. Clarke has an insane motor, great handle and some serious dog. Boston appears to be a Kevin Knox type of guy, can shoot, but has a bit of a reserved personality, but I get the feeling Clarke wants to rip your head off and feed it to you.

Can't wait to see those two play in bigtime college games.

I agree with this poster, based on that work out vid with Askew at a UPS, Clarke was a monster who even was mean to the cones in a cone drill.

Askew was ranked as the #10 overall recruit in the composite rankings when he signed with Kentucky out of the 2021 class. He dropped from #10 to #18 upon reclassifying and has dropped 12 spots since that time.

Khristian Lander was ranked as the #11 overall recruit in the composite rankings for 2021 and is now #25 in 2020.

Both players had their actual rating drop about half a point just for reclassifying, which I find odd.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I agree. I think Askew will struggle too but I'm higher on Mintz than most. He's kind of a forgotten man because he didn't play last year but he was a pretty good player two years ago for a top 25 team. And you can't replace his experience. If he doesn't turn the ball over a ton then he's probably better than Hagans.
Agree on Mintz! Has all that great experience against Villanova, has actually played in NCAA tourney and played well!

Reactions: seccats04
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT