ADVERTISEMENT

Boom

I can't believe the staff pulled this off! Going toe to toe with Siena and stealing one!
Based on being in place less than one month and starting completely from scratch, I think the staff has done a decent job and am excited to see what they can do with what they have.

You act like they have been recruiting an AD or Wall type player for the last few years head to head against Duke and KU and our hat wasn’t even on the table.

Some people must be so miserable with their lives.

If this guy ends up being the 9th or 10th man, he'll be the best player we've had that far down the roster since the platoon team. 6'7 senior who is lights out from 3, can guard multiple spots, and has played a key role on a team with tournament wins. Anyone who says this isn't a good addition needs to be de-programmed

You are just a hater that misses Cal don't you know? Anyone that mentions wanting a top scorer is told that.
I’m Moses burner account. I like the team, they have a lot of good pieces, I’m not high on Krisa but I will give pope the benefit of the doubt. They need one go to guy who you know is the guy. I don’t care which one it is, but out of laneir, Robinson, poplar, welled Christie or whoever else they need to get one of those guys. My guess is it’s laneir but that is strictly a guess

Not everything is about Cal. You still need good talent to compete.
This year he had to cobble together a roster based on very extreme circumstances. I mean, we had 0 players on this roster a month ago. And he came from BYU, a place where you can't exactly just poach their team.

My hope for this year is that Pope shows off some coaching, something we haven't seen around here in a while. I expect recruiting will pick up in future years where he has actual time to build relationships and pipelines. This is still probably the most talented roster he's ever had to work with.

Sure. I hope it happens, but we needed some elite players to be competitive with the SEC and currently we have the 40th ranked transfer class.
wrong—

Reactions: TOMCATS1990
I’m Moses burner account. I like the team, they have a lot of good pieces, I’m not high on Krisa but I will give pope the benefit of the doubt. They need one go to guy who you know is the guy. I don’t care which one it is, but out of laneir, Robinson, poplar, welled Christie or whoever else they need to get one of those guys. My guess is it’s laneir but that is strictly a guess
Sounds like Robinson stays in the draft so Lanier is the best bet. Should have lots of NIL left so hopefully he offers it to him.

You are just a hater that misses Cal don't you know? Anyone that mentions wanting a top scorer is told that.

It isn’t that dude. It’s just that you’re still stuck in the “dribble drive” mentality.

When you have players that know how to pass the ball, and 10 out of 12 guys can burn the nets… it changes things.

Edit: oh and the coach actually teaches plays. And don’t even get me started on defense.

Not everything is about Cal. You still need good talent to compete.
You’re confusing projected talent with College team talent. Guys that have the projection of what they could be coming out of HS are always going to look better than a guy who has already been solid at the college level.

Reactions: BlueSince92
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT