ADVERTISEMENT

Boom Williams

He was a special commitment in June of

‘14, actually the first thread I remember Grumpy’s participation was discussing former Georgia commit, Boom Williams, and this new, monster UGA commit, Nick Chubb.

I was surprised he never took a snap in the NFL.

The same about NFL, thought he had a real shot.

Unfortunately my memory of Boom Williams is dominated by his pouting and quitting the team then unquitting, then leaving early to go pro when he hadn't a snowball's chance in hell of making the NFL

When boom reversed field and scored against Florida was the first moment I thought UK was really heading in the right direction. He was literally as athletic as Florida and I had never seen that before. It was a moment

Then he somehow gets ran down vs vandy after what should've been a breakaway td. I couldn't believe it

I thought Booms Dad was a riot, I guess some didn't. I spoke to him on several occasions at the game, he was easy to pick out of a crowd!

I thought Booms Dad was a riot, I guess some didn't. I spoke to him on several occasions at the game, he was easy to pick out of a crowd!

Met him in the lobby of the Hilton the evening before a game.

He seemed like a great fellow.

The William’s family tragically lost a daughter I think the season that Boom had some issues with the coaching staff.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Watched him a few times in HS. Exhibited the traits I saw in those games while at UK. Elusive speed but not elite breakaway speed (got caught several times in college). Average to poor pass blocker. Took a lot of hits in HS which I think did not help his injury issues at KY along with being a bit undersized for the SEC grind. Was a great get for KY at the time but the off field drama that came with him was an issue. That said, he should be in the conversation of players who were very important to the rebuild of KY Football.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT