ADVERTISEMENT

That SEC Podcast has UK Football as their most underrated

satcheluk

Junior
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2009
Interesting listen. In Jan/Feb SEC Mike had UK in the bottom third of his preliminary SEC 2024 rankings, but after portal additions/subtractions, months of research and talking to coaches and insiders around the league, he has flipped his opinion and now has UK as his dark horse candidate to become a fringe playoff candidate. I'm a fairly regular listener on my daily runs, though UK usually doesn't get much love from him, but they surprised me here. I'm always interested in hearing opposing fans(he and his cohost are both Vols) opinions of how we stack up.

I listen to them on youtube occasionally. I think they give pretty honest evaluations. They are UT homers but they don't seem to have any type of UT bias and generally have shown a lot of respect for Kentucky. Cousin Shane - funny good ole boy, but is pretty tuned in.

Reactions: satcheluk
Kentucky will be better on both offense and defense next season compared to last season. Schedule difficulty will also be up, we will need to win 2 or 3 50/50 games for our W/L record to reflect team improvement

I listen to them on youtube occasionally. I think they give pretty honest evaluations. They are UT homers but they don't seem to have any type of UT bias and generally have shown a lot of respect for Kentucky. Cousin Shane - funny good ole boy, but is pretty tuned in.
I agree, though Mike was pretty hard on UK after the season and early this year, saying he felt they would have a hard time getting more than 6 wins. It seems he has changed his mind and I'm now listening to their latest podcast with Steve Lassan of Athlon Sports, who is a big analytics guy and he is high on UK and has then at #2 in SEC in returning Oline production, plus key portal additions, so potential top 5 SEC line. It would seem the scheme change of quicker developing plays and less complicated blocking assignments will really help with our line performance.

unless your Missouri 😕
They certainly have the easiest schedule, but I've heard multiple outlets say that that makes them one of the only SEC teams that couldn't get into the playoff with only 9 wins. They better not waste their chance and I wish we played so we could spoil it for them.

They certainly have the easiest schedule, but I've heard multiple outlets say that that makes them one of the only SEC teams that couldn't get into the playoff with only 9 wins. They better not waste their chance and I wish we played so we could spoil it for them.
The toughest game on their schedule is @ Bama. They win that 90% chance they're in IMO.

Reactions: satcheluk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT