ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie fland

He is a STUD!!!!

This kid has star written all over him. He's young for a Jr at only 16 so he is still maturing as a young man and player. Cal putting so much effort into recruiting this kid tells me he has NO intentions of leaving UK.

Terrific player.I'm still pissed we missed on Jackson.

I really wish, if Cal is indeed looking to stay, and we he finishes this year strong and next season.. that he'd contact Ian Jackson. I still think it's a big possibility that Ian picked UNC because at the time, Cal was about to be ran out of the state of Kentucky.

Now, we're about to be a 6-seed, a strong as hell class next year, and UNC is the one missing the tournament who has a coach that might be on the hot seat..

I'd have an assistant check in with Jackson once a week, knowing the NCAA can't do shit about this sort of thing any more.

I really wish, if Cal is indeed looking to stay, and we he finishes this year strong and next season.. that he'd contact Ian Jackson. I still think it's a big possibility that Ian picked UNC because at the time, Cal was about to be ran out of the state of Kentucky.

Now, we're about to be a 6-seed, a strong as hell class next year, and UNC is the one missing the tournament who has a coach that might be on the hot seat..

I'd have an assistant check in with Jackson once a week, knowing the NCAA can't do shit about this sort of thing any more.
Easy now. Remember we have "Kentucky" all over us. That means we get consequences for breaking the rules.

If Jackson is shaky with UNCheat I’d say UK will be all over him.

We'd probably get some post season ban, I'm sure.

But in all seriousness, I'd start pushing this boundary. I'd dare the NCAA to even look at us.

A post season run this year, and maybe some early season big wins next year.. it could sway Jackson.. you never know.

We'd probably get some post season ban, I'm sure.

But in all seriousness, I'd start pushing this boundary. I'd dare the NCAA to even look at us.
Jackson is only a verbal to UNC. UK can do whatever they want in regards to contacting him as long as it's not a dead period.
Having said that, I fully expect Jackdon will reclass and be in the starting lineup at UNC next season.
The real reason he chose UNC.

Hope Jackson loves what he's seeing out of UNC so far this year.

Man, kids just make head scratching decisions sometimes.
Maybe he saw us lose at home to SC, Vandy and on the road to a bad GA team.

It can cut both ways.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Let a coach leave and you will find out how much is about the name of a school. Kids don't give a crap about school
Of course, kids want a good coach but do you think it matters if Cal, Pitino, Self, Oats or Musselman or whoever is at UK???? As long as its a high profile coach and not a BCG, it doesn't matter. They all send them to the league. So yeah, I think if Hubert Davis leaves UNC they'll get a high profile coach and they won't lose Jackson or anyone else.

So he would be a great get in replacement of Jackson?
He is a STUD!!!!

This kid has star written all over him. He's young for a Jr at only 16 so he is still maturing as a young man and player. Cal putting so much effort into recruiting this kid tells me he has NO intentions of leaving UK.
I have watched both play and once against each other and IMO, Fland is the superior player. You are right, kid is a Stud! I have no idea why he is ranked below the top 5

Last edited:
Of course, kids want a good coach but do you think it matters if Cal, Pitino, Self, Oats or Musselman or whoever is at UK???? As long as its a high profile coach and not a BCG, it doesn't matter. They all send them to the league. So yeah, I think if Hubert Davis leaves UNC they'll get a high profile coach and they won't lose Jackson or anyone else.
Most kids now days go play for a coach that's connected to their AAU scene. Doesn't matter how good of a coach they are. They go to college because some dirty handler told them to go their.
Its a dirty, nasty game these days and the reason some coaches retired and refuse to take part

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT