ADVERTISEMENT

Boley

No …seen him He’s got potential, a nice deep ball and tall kid. But his release is long, , used to getting more then 3 seconds to get rid of ball and the speed of game in Lexington….I’d argue it would be a massive mistake to givr him the ball next season as qb1

Need a portal Qb to give him at least a year to develop

No …seen him He’s got potential, a nice deep ball and tall kid. But his release is long, he’s in shotgun all game, used to getting more then 3 seconds to get rid of ball and the speed of game in Lexington….I’d argue it would be a massive mistake to givr him the ball next season as qb1

I agree about Boley- not ready. If I was betting I think Leary will be the starter again next season. I look for him to seek a waiver to be eligible for next year.

• Wow
Reactions: catben
Have seen him and don't think so. Even if he is a fast learner like a Couch, he has to get his body more toned or he will get killed pretty quickly. Very tall, so he is going to be taking a lot of lower hits.

I agree about Boley- not ready. If I was betting I think Leary will be the starter again next season. I look for him to seek a waiver to be eligible for next year.
I thought Leary nixed coming back another year.

He’s not close to ready. He has the height and a solid arm and has been mentioned a nice deep ball but he’s not even the best player on his hs team so he has a way to go. And lca isn’t some team in Georgia or Tennessee littered with high d1 players. The rb going to eku is who won them games. Mayfield beat them last week after they sold out to stop the running back after the first quarter and dared Boley to beat them. He threw 2 pick 6’s and lost a fumble. Can he get there over time? Who knows but he’s not near it now. In fairness to him I’m not sure how much coaching he’s gotten there they build their roster pretty well through the transfer portal but not sure they get great coaching.

Not a chance. Beau Allen and Kaiya Sheron were both better than him in high school. Kentucky fans better temper expectations with Boley. I've watched him several times over the past two years and each time I come away more surprised that he is a 4* QB. Questionable arm strength and decision making, a lot of his big deep passes are more his WRs making great plays than him making great passes. His last high school game against Mayfield is on YouTube. He threw three picks in that game, two of them went to the house. He may develop into a solid QB, or we may never see him on the field at UK as he gets passed over for Saunders, who is much better. Neither would surprise me.

Not a chance. Beau Allen and Kaiya Sheron were both better than him in high school. Kentucky fans better temper expectations with Boley. I've watched him several times over the past two years and each time I come away more surprised that he is a 4* QB. Questionable arm strength and decision making, a lot of his big deep passes are more his WRs making great plays than him making great passes. His last high school game against Mayfield is on YouTube. He threw three picks in that game, two of them went to the house. He may develop into a solid QB, or we may never see him on the field at UK as he gets passed over for Saunders, who is much better. Neither would surprise me.
Totally agree that the general expectation from people that haven’t seen him just because he’s a 4 star is erroneous.

Reactions: HeHateMe2328
He’s not close to ready. He has the height and a solid arm and has been mentioned a nice deep ball but he’s not even the best player on his hs team so he has a way to go. And lca isn’t some team in Georgia or Tennessee littered with high d1 players. The rb going to eku is who won them games. Mayfield beat them last week after they sold out to stop the running back after the first quarter and dared Boley to beat them. He threw 2 pick 6’s and lost a fumble. Can he get there over time? Who knows but he’s not near it now. In fairness to him I’m not sure how much coaching he’s gotten there they build their roster pretty well through the transfer portal but not sure they get great coaching.
You may be on it here. It's amazing how much LCA has underperformed recently. They've had at least one P5 player and several D1 guys on their roster every year for the past 5 or 6 years, which is pretty amazing for a Kentucky 2A school, yet zero titles to show for it.

You may be on it here. It's amazing how much LCA has underperformed recently. They've had at least one P5 player and several D1 guys on their roster every year for the past 5 or 6 years, which is pretty amazing for a Kentucky 2A school, yet zero titles to show for it.
Yeah their kids going somewhere are mostly low level northeast schools but in 2A football in KY they definitely don’t have a shortage of ability. It also has an all hat no cattle feel with regards to toughness. Against beechwood a couple seasons ago in state finals just the game coaching decisions were perplexing at best.

I tend to agree Beau Allen was a better HS QB then Boley. But I'm not on same page with Kaiya Sheron being a better QB in HS. I never saw a good arm in Sheron and he ran around a ton with bad teams that could not contend......but he was never going to do that in SEC. And he's never developed to get on field at UK which hasn't shocked me.

But to the point, Boley isn't best player on LCA and he has to adjust to getting ball out on time as he stares it down. I'll be honest, the thought of Boley being ready after a RS year....I am not sure even at that much less first year at UK.

• Sad
Reactions: catben
That RB is going to Eastern Ky and was told he is good enough to play for UK.

Listen to yesterday days interviews on YouTube.
Link please. I've searched YouTube but can't find anything recent.

Wait, found a piece by Adam Luckett of KSR. Is that what you are referring to?

I've heard from several people that the Elam kid from Corbin outperformed him at the UK camp. That kid is not even playing college football. Going to UofL to play baseball.

That RB is going to Eastern Ky and was told he is good enough to play for UK.
He transferred there from Madison central I think. He runs over kids for sure. Hard to tell for me on next level stuff because I’ve seen good stuff from other states and lca isn’t seeing anything near it. As good as Boyle co is and as physically as they play and compete they don’t have the bodies you see in these other places playing. I expect the kid will be good not sure how good.

Name's Brady, 6'2' 200. Rivals has him as a 5.4 2*....FWIW, EKU his only offer.
Was told by someone close to the program he committed early because that is where his dad went. They said he is so quick that he could play at UK. EKU has been holding their breath on him. Just what I was told.

Just wondering if Allen could come back or has his eligibility run out.

Don’t forget, if I’m not mistaken, Boley reclassified a year earlier as well.
I believe he moved up a class after originally moving back a class during Covid. So he’s back in his original class if that makes sense. He’s not younger than the others

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
I believe he moved up a class after originally moving back a class during Covid. So he’s back in his original class if that makes sense. He’s not younger than the others
Yes he’s in the right class now.

No …seen him He’s got potential, a nice deep ball and tall kid. But his release is long, , used to getting more then 3 seconds to get rid of ball and the speed of game in Lexington….I’d argue it would be a massive mistake to givr him the ball next season as qb1

I agree. he needs more strength and a red shirt year imo

Jmo but boley will be lucky to ever start here. He has such skinny legs, you wonder if he ever saw a squat rack in his life. Throwing the ball starts with the legs, so he has a long way to go. By the time he starts getting there, saunders will overtake him

Jmo

The kid is skinny,needs lots of strengh work for at least a year. before he Tries to play as a freshman he will get broken in half

No, he plays in small class football in Ky, which means he doesn't see high level competition. The difference is too stark and will take some adjustment time to the speed of the game. It is such a huge leap from that level to the SEC that makes it boaderline impossible for him to do it in 1 year. If he played in a big class in Ga., Fla., Tx., etc... I would say maybe, but not from a small class in Ky.

This.

Right now Saunders is more college ready than Boley . He’s about as college ready as an incoming freshman quarterback could be .It would be perfect if their graduating years were reversed. But that is not the case .

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT