ADVERTISEMENT

Bo Pelini to UK as DC?

The defense is less concerning to me than the offense. we need a QB coach here badly. Every game we look less and less like a functional offense. .

Here's the thing. If he's not going to be the DC. Then why would Stoops allow the rumors to roll. He knows we don't want DJ he knows this would stir things up.

Here's the thing. If he's not going to be the DC. Then why would Stoops allow the rumors to roll. He knows we don't want DJ he knows this would stir things up.

Probably bc stoops doesn't care at all what the fans think or would even connect the dots. Problem with Twitter this time of the year, is a lot of smoke

Reactions: Blue_White_KY
no way UK would make such a move, Pelini has lots that is needed and will never happen

If Stoops doesn't replace Elliot, I would just prefer Stoops call the defensive signals during the game and reduce Elliot's role. And If he isn't going to replace Dawson (which he made clear after the game he isn't) stay the hell out of the way and let him call the game without Stoop's meddling. I have no love lost for Dawson, but I have a hunch Stoops overrides Dawson more than he should.

Would not surprise me at all.

Pelini played HS ball with Mark. They were both GA's at Iowa at the same time. Pelini also worked for brother Bob @ OU. Pelini hired Marrow @ Nebraska. He coached Love & Hart @ Nebraska. Etc.

Besides the connections... Pelini never won less than 9 games in a season at Nebraska, he has coached in the NFL and he was the DC for Les Miles 2007 National Champ LSU squad.

Last edited:
Dawson and Eliot need to go. Schlarman needs a bit more talent..Bo Pelini would be good. Would love to have Brohm as OC.

I think it would be an outstanding hire. Somebody with a lot of head coaching experience that Stoops can lean on for support and to help fix some of the game management issues that have plagued us. And maybe he can enlighten the staff on how to contain a read option QB.

Dawson and Eliot need to go. Schlarman needs a bit more talent..Bo Pelini would be good. Would love to have Brohm as OC.
Brohm isn't coming here to be a coordinator. He should probably be coaching at P5 soon- and, if not, head coach at Western is better than coordinator here.

IF and that's a big if, Stoops hired Pelini, it would be a step in the right direction. Listen, if Stoops is going to be here and he will because of his 10 billion dollar buyout, let's hope he makes the right moves to improve the situation.

Matt Jones is reporting at least 2 changes on staff are happening and soon...FWIW
Not sure if it changed or not but both DJ Elliott and Jimmy Brumbaugh no longer have UK on their Twitter handles. Both just say coach now. Again, could be nothing.

I'd be shocked if schlarmann is let go unless our line recruits have said they are still committed, isn't there something about this on HoB? (Like from one of young men's dad saying he was the main reason his son committed)

Not sure if it changed or not but both DJ Elliott and Jimmy Brumbaugh no longer have UK on their Twitter handles. Both just say coach now. Again, could be nothing.
That could be nothing, but, if it's true, why do that? Something's going on.

If Stoops doesn't replace Elliot, I would just prefer Stoops call the defensive signals during the game and reduce Elliot's role. And If he isn't going to replace Dawson (which he made clear after the game he isn't) stay the hell out of the way and let him call the game without Stoop's meddling. I have no love lost for Dawson, but I have a hunch Stoops overrides Dawson more than he should.

Correct earlier in the season , we would get ahead then just slow the tempo down which ends up going 3 and out.
I always wondered in Stoops was telling Dawson to slow it down and run the clock down.
No reason we couldn't have played more dink and dunk passing with Conrad, Mumme air raid seemed to use the TE much more.

Funny how people throw names of coaches like Brohm out there as if they would leave their head coaching gigs to come be an OC at a struggling SEC Program. OC's leave places like UK to take head coaching jobs at places like WKU, not the other way around, unless they are failing or get fired. besides, Brohm will be roaming the sidelines as head coach at someplace better than WKU more than likely next year.

Pelini is a realistic hire with merit.

Brohm is a pipe dream.

I was actually kind of hoping that Les Miles would get canned from LSU so we could bring back coach Peveto to coach Special teams.

The only other question about these kind of hires or replacements...are we going to have to wait that obligatory "x" number of days that the job opening has to be "officially posted" before they can make any sort of announcement like that? stupid ass-backwards Kentucky statutes.

Ok, so Elliot is let go. Why should Shannon Flipping Dawson get a pass? He was worse than Elliot! I'm ok with replacing Elliot, but the offense was way worse than our defense ever thought to be.

What smoke is on Twitter about pelini?!?! Is it simply him being at the game, or being mentioned as a possible replacement

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT