ADVERTISEMENT

Blue and yellow?

SemperFiCat

All-American
Mar 2, 2009
Central Indy
With the ever changing world of alternate jerseys and logos, how would you feel if Kentucky expiremented with bringing back yellow? I don't know if I've ever seen an actual historical piece of that, but it's described as a "light yellow". What say you, BBN?

With the ever changing world of alternate jerseys and logos, how would you feel if Kentucky expiremented with bringing back yellow? I don't know if I've ever seen an actual historical piece of that, but it's described as a "light yellow". What say you, BBN?
No. I prefer black.

Pink jerseys for Breast Cancer Awareness, Special Edition Jersey’s. Can wear something different once a month then sell them or keep them. Just an idea.

Pitt too. Technically, it should be light yellow. Which would look horrible, IMO. They'd probably do a true yellow.

Maybe it would be alright if it was just 10% yellow. Like trim/outline or something. IDK.

Light yellow is trash... maybe it's presented more as a gold.

Either way I think we can scrap this idea... the University is Blue and White 100%

Have followed UK for over 50 years and have never heard of the color yellow for UK.

Blue and White​

The University of Kentucky adopted blue and white as its official colors in 1892. Originally, however, UK students had decided on blue and light yellow prior to the Kentucky-Centre College football game on December 19, 1891. The shade of blue, which is close to a royal blue, was chosen when a student asked the question, "What color blue?" At the time, Richard C. Stoll (who lettered in football at UK in 1889-94) pulled off his necktie and held it up. The students then adopted that particular shade of blue. A year later, UK students officially dropped the light yellow color for white.

Blue and White​

The University of Kentucky adopted blue and white as its official colors in 1892. Originally, however, UK students had decided on blue and light yellow prior to the Kentucky-Centre College football game on December 19, 1891. The shade of blue, which is close to a royal blue, was chosen when a student asked the question, "What color blue?" At the time, Richard C. Stoll (who lettered in football at UK in 1889-94) pulled off his necktie and held it up. The students then adopted that particular shade of blue. A year later, UK students officially dropped the light yellow color for white.
Thanks.... A little before my time ! You learn something everyday.

Reactions: DraftCat
Murray State has the Blue & Gold/Yellow handled in our state ... I don't think I'd be feeling yellow at all.

A "BLUE". . . . . "YELLOW" chant doesn't seem right.

Yea and those same Blue Hairs are giving the NIL, coachs salaries, facilities money.
Here we go, again. Yes, every 70+ yo fan at Rupp gives millions a year to UK. Easily one of the biggest misconceptions that gets tossed around here on RRs. I'm not sure if you're aware, but people that age age start thinking about what they're leaving for family, not pampered athletes.

Reactions: Jmeeks54thebest
I think an "old school" off white jersey with blue lettering would be pretty sick. Like someone above said, black jerseys are played out and grey has been done(they're my favorite alt jersey).

A blue script logo on the chest of a cream or off white jersey would be really nice.
I support this post.

Reactions: ashbergh
I always thought a cool alternate would be the neon green from the wildcat's eyes. Kind of like the seahawks jersey, it'd definitely stand out lol. Blue, white, grey, neon green. shoowee.

university-of-kentucky-logo-wildcat-1.png

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Here we go, again. Yes, every 70+ yo fan at Rupp gives millions a year to UK. Easily one of the biggest misconceptions that gets tossed around here on RRs. I'm not sure if you're aware, but people that age age start thinking about what they're leaving for family, not pampered athletes.
I can grant you the Blue Hairs give far more than Gen Zers

Reactions: Fox2monk

Blue and White​

Well that does it then, it lasted one year. So basically nope.

I think
It would be really neat as an alt jersey.
Pale yellow everywhere the white is and a softer blue. Maybe the color the denim uniform was only not denim

Reactions: ashbergh
Hell to the no. Our colors are blue and white but using only gray and black alternates make sense. Yellow is no alternate color. Didnt the Kentucky colonels wear blue and yellow? It was before my time

I like the discussion, but I'd say no, unless they did a "throwback jersey" for a senior night or something and explained the change in detail - honoring the past or something along those lines.

That said, I'd love to see some throw back jerseys once or twice a year for various home games.
mar-1997-guard-derek-anderson-forward-allen-edwards-and-center-jamaal-picture-id297955

926b16853e06aa6d6dae162e38de76f5
iyP9q.So.79.jpg

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT