ADVERTISEMENT

Blew a 15 point lead!!!

Meh. Cal and his dumbass lineups and loyalty to DJ and JE. That’s why this team can’t get over the hump. If he had started his best lineup to start the second half, we win easily. Instead, he allowed DJ to shoot us right out of the lead. Was a dog fight the rest of the way.
I truly don’t understand his rationale. Like he clearly doesn’t want to lose. Is he just that stubborn that he wants to be right more than he wants to win? Or is he just not very smart?

Meh. Cal and his dumbass lineups and loyalty to DJ and JE. That’s why this team can’t get over the hump. If he had started his best lineup to start the second half, we win easily. Instead, he allowed DJ to shoot us right out of the lead. Was a dog fight the rest of the way.
It's not just loyalty, it's also all the minute-related promises Cow has made to DJ (and his other Top 5 ranked AAU "superstars" such as BJ Boston etc.)

It was all fun and games when those hyped "ballers" were coming to town with their gaudy 247 ranking. Then they get on the court & can't play a lick, but the doofus on the bench is forced to play them...In the end, those kids are gone ASAP, they don't care about the program, Cow gets his fat checks win or lose, the only losers are UK and BBN

Championship teams don’t do that. Championship teams are getting better this time of year! Is UK? I don’t think so.

I didn't watch 1 second of this garbage game last night. But you said that UK blew a 15 point lead. I'm guessing that when we got the 15 point lead that Calipari had his players start slowing it down, started passing up open shots, started turning the ball over, lost the momentum, then lost the game. Seen this so many times since Calipari's been here I could puke.

I didn't watch 1 second of this garbage game last night. But you said that UK blew a 15 point lead. I'm guessing that when we got the 15 point lead that Calipari had his players start slowing it down, started passing up open shots, started turning the ball over, lost the momentum, then lost the game. Seen this so many times since Calipari's been here I could puke.
I'm like you, have a hard time watching Cal's teams anymore. I had them on my 2nd TV ans was watching another game (Ole Miss) where my son is in the program. Too many "bad nights" under this current coach. Been a UK fan for 50+ years. Tough to watch sometimes with this guy.

I'm like you, have a hard time watching Cal's teams anymore. I had them on my 2nd TV ans was watching another game (Ole Miss) where my son is in the program. Too many "bad nights" under this current coach. Been a UK fan for 50+ years. Tough to watch sometimes with this guy.
What does your son do for them?

Multiple double digit leads blown by this team. Why? Coaching. Cal usually has Dilly and Reed on the bench when the opponent has some fire power going and UK has little to stop it.
being punished because they don't play defense.......like anyone else can/does
the real reason they are on the bench is because they are fan favorites

I truly don’t understand his rationale. Like he clearly doesn’t want to lose. Is he just that stubborn that he wants to be right more than he wants to win? Or is he just not very smart?
Your answer to this will always be “Cal is obsessed with showcasing NBA potential of his 5-stars”. They came in NBA prospects and by god he’s going to make sure they aren’t seen as busts because that will reflect on him that he didn’t develop them, he ruined them. Plus he probably made promises to handlers and families.

Not last night. Went on a 12-1 run to get into half with a 9 point lead. Lineup of shep/Z/edwards/reeves/burks was on floor at the time of run. Started 2nd half with DJ/reeves/theiro/edwards/ugo (again) and after Edwards and reeves knocked down back to back threes in the first minute we had a 15 point lead. LSU called timeout, then went on a 15-2 run over the next 3 minutes to cut lead to 2 while cal sat and watched and changed nothing. Tight ballgame from there throughout.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Not last night. Went on a 12-1 run to get into half with a 9 point lead. Lineup of shep/Z/edwards/reeves/burks was on floor at the time of run. Started 2nd half with DJ/reeves/theiro/edwards/ugo (again) and after Edwards and reeves knocked down back to back threes in the first minute we had a 15 point lead. LSU called timeout, then went on a 15-2 run over the next 3 minutes to cut lead to 2 while cal sat and watched and changed nothing. Tight ballgame from there throughout.
Yep, Cal left Wagner in the game much too long to start the 2nd half and did not call a timeout until LSU had cut it to 2. Anybody could see that we were struggling when they cut the 15 point lead to only 8, but Cal sat there and did nothing until the lead was only 2. He’s too loyal to playing Wagner, and Cal is not coaching for UK, but for his NBA prospects.

I think he’s stubborn and gets so caught up in high school ratings and draft projections that he convinces himself that our team needs certain players to live up to the hype in order to reach its full potential, so he keeps giving them minutes on a long leash to “get them going”, often at the expense of other players on the roster who might could give us a better chance to win a game right now. He’s been doing it for several years, and it’s really frustrating to watch.

We really don't need to hear any NBA or gold standard talk anymore. we will be seeing more of the same in the SEC and NCAA tournaments in the weeks to come. Things are unfolding just like they have been the last several years, we should be better than we are, but we are not.

M4sRXvN.png

I’m going to explain his rationale to you. A lot of folks refuse to believe this when I say it: he doesn’t care about winning or losing games. He doesn’t care about winning any championships. All he is about is showcasing the talent that he is paid to showcase. Yes he’s paid to coach, but you have to get past the idea that he is out there trying to put together a championship team. All you have to do is listen to him and watch his actions. How many times have you heard him compliment Reed Shepherd? If anything, he’s been condescending in anything he says about him. And you know why that is? He’s not getting paid to showcase Reed. He’s getting paid to showcase Wagner, Edwards and Bradshaw. I’m not attacking these players, they are not doing anything wrong. It’s his slimy ass and the folks that pay him. They all get paid to pimp certain players. Look at our team…I know nothing about basketball but I know this much, our best chance to win comes with Reed and Rob playing alongside Reeves, Tre White and Thiero. How often do you see that lineup? Just like all these “injuries” you really believe that bullshit? He walked into a perfect situation here when he took the job. He’s destroyed the program a little bit more each year. We are to the point where 10-12 losses is expected. You know this, I know this, a lot of other fans know this, some still are blinded by the lights and the arrogance. Not me. This dude should be fired, FOR CAUSE, paid nothing and we need to begin finding a real coach who wants to win championships. And it needs to happen soon.

Reactions: FiveStarCat
Its like watching wisconsin take over in the final four. No toughness to this team to keep defense going when we have a good lead.

Lot of factors in blowing a 15 pt lead. Our 5th year senior got in Foul trouble in the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half because he continued to hold his man coming off screens. He must adjust to the officiating after the first foul call. Gave up multiple offensive Rebs and basically got nothing from the 1 & 5 positions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT