ADVERTISEMENT

billy richmond decommits

Precisely why I don’t understand the people that say Cal will get / deserves applause when he returns to Rupp. Dude always wants to burn down everyone and everything if he feels the least bit slighted. He doesn’t warrant a hero’s welcome when he comes back around.
He deserves Tyson chicken bags shaken at him the whole game. Maybe even a good "Cal's a Nugget" chant or two.

The fact he is doing this after any good news shows his true colors. Also the fact he quit during the season by chasing the Ohio St job means he should not be welcomed back to Rupp with open arms.

Not like those lazy nary do wells such as Davis MKG, Wall, Fox, and Hero.

Jesus take the wheel!
You're forgetting Darius miller I stand by it still today if it was not for that Mason County native we would not have won it in 2012 wall didn't do nothing and hero also fox Davis was really good also mkg man that kid played hard we need some of them but 10 no thanks

Reactions: KFuqua and qwesley
He deserves Tyson chicken bags shaken at him the whole game. Maybe even a good "Cal's a Nugget" chant or two.

The fact he is doing this after any good news shows his true colors. Also the fact he quit during the season by chasing the Ohio St job means he should not be welcomed back to Rupp with open arms.

One thing, more good news will be coming UK's way than it will Cow's way after this short outburst of his making...

It is ALL downhil from here for Cow...

Reactions: AGEE11
This is the most Cal type of recruit of the bunch. Athlete that’s not a true bball player. Good luck at Arkansas.
That's 100% incorrect. Richmond can do everything on the court and the area he needs to keep improving is his shooting-which did significantly this year at Camden. He can handle/create for teammates/pass/rebound/defend and can be a guy who plays 1-3 or defend 1-3 and some stretch 4's.

Not going to be a Cat so it's over now, but he's a talented player and better than many guys I've seen in McDonald's AA game or Nike Hoop Summit the past 3 weeks.

Animation Running GIF

Also the fact he quit during the season by chasing the Ohio St job means he should not be welcomed back to Rupp with open arms.

That’s a very fair point on the job seeking timeline. To be doing that while allegedly preparing us for a tourney run with a legit team (I use all that phrasing loosely), I’m not sure how or why anyone would give him a rousing ovation. By the time he runs his mouth for a year (because he can’t help himself), he should be working toward the coldest reintroduction to Rupp imaginable. I don’t care that he left, actually completely relieved that he did. I just don’t think he’s worthy of much praise at this point.

Gotta love how Calipari loves to use the slow-release dagger, timing each of these announcements just to keep the wound fresh. Not surprising in the least, no doubt he ends up at Arkansas with the rest of Cal's guys.
Exactly, shook my head at some on here yesterday saying that was not happening.

Not counting out Penny in this recruitment.
He has options now if he thinks things might be too crowded with him and Karter on the wing.

But i thought 4 million NIL and we are kentucky would keep our players and recruit new top players? Nobody cares about the school. They want money and coaches that put guys in the nba.

Exactly, shook my head at some on here yesterday saying that was not happening.
I don't see it that way at all.
These kids and their families know that Arkansas needs them more than UK did.
If Cal didn't bring the class with him, he'll be hard pressed to field a .500 team.
Cal has flaunted the Tyson money and I think the kids will milk it
I think all of them will take other visits.
JQ is already on one and I doubt he accepts a nickel less than UL offers.
We all know that the kids use Cal as much as he uses them.

It's a tactic to:

1. Make us look bad.
2. Waste our time.

For a coach that was always critical about crapping on other coaches during recruitments, this goes against it.
Cow would always rather play childlike PR mind games, which he has some expertise at, than actual basketball strategy and player development.

Cow won less with more than ANY coach in nearly the history of College basketball..
Back in the day when I lived in Atlanta I had a good friend who was a UNC alum. We were the same age so our b'ball knowledge of past/present players was the same. We talked b'ball...but were careful in trying to keep it civil...LOL. He would bristle at me mentioning what you just said....that Dean did LESS with MORE than any coach in CBB (at the time). About the time I left Atlanta Dean won his 2nd NCAAT.
Fast forward 30 years....now Calipari has definitely done LESS with MORE than any coach in CBB history (IMO). Of course it's a bit 'apples and oranges' in that Dean's players for the most part stayed 3/4 years where Calipari's were out of here in one.

That’s a very fair point on the job seeking timeline. To be doing that while allegedly preparing us for a tourney run with a legit team (I use all that phrasing loosely), I’m not sure how or why anyone would give him a rousing ovation. By the time he runs his mouth for a year (because he can’t help himself), he should be working toward the coldest reintroduction to Rupp imaginable. I don’t care that he left, actually completely relieved that he did. I just don’t think he’s worthy of much praise at this point.
Agree 100%

I remember screaming at the TV during the Oakland game something to the effect of it's been 15 years and you still can't coach against a 1-3-1. Then you find out he was trying to leave and it makes sense why they weren't prepared.

Honestly everyone turning their back on him giving him the silent treatment might be best

Look for Cal recruits to commit to him after each commit we get.
You think Cal has these players on a string like that?
He couldn't get Shaedon Sharpe to even participate.
They all picked UK to play for Cal.
If they have to go to Arkansas to play for Cal, they will be compensated for it.
Boogie, Knox, JQ and DJ all have agents that will make sure of it

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
A lot of the guys Cal was bringing in don't want to work for it. Pope would make them work too hard for their minutes. Sometimes the path of least resistance isn't the best way to move forward.

Shooting guards who cant shoot............... something I wanted to slap Cal with a wet fish over.
He's a pure wing and maybe the best wing defender in the incoming freshmen class.

Did you not like having guys like Allen Edwards, Heshimu Evans, or DeAndre Liggins on former Kentucky rosters? I know I did.

Reactions: d2atTech
What he fails to realize is that these aren't daggers or wounds, they are gifts and improvements.

We are healing from his train wreck, not hurdling into the ICU. The more of these no-shooting, no-IQ guys that leave and chase Cal's NBA dream, the better we are.
Yeah I thought that these players had ten losses and flamed out in the first round again not that they were all Americans.

Gotta love how Calipari loves to use the slow-release dagger, timing each of these announcements just to keep the wound fresh. Not surprising in the least, no doubt he ends up at Arkansas with the rest of Cal's guys.

The PR part is the only part of the business he knows how to do well anymore.

He's a pure wing and maybe the best wing defender in the incoming freshmen class.

Did you not like having guys like Allen Edwards, Heshimu Evans, or DeAndre Liggins on former Kentucky rosters? I know I did.
I think his point was they can’t shoot. And they can’t .. Liggins did hit that shot against UNC but we all know that was luck lol.. Even Cal knew too, that’s why he gave him that big kiss after that timeout 👌

That has nothing to do with Cal. The kids are just evaluating what to do

the last one falls glad to get that over with, gonna roll with the boy Perry. These guys are bouncing on a great opportunity of a new era of Kentucky basketball but I totally get if there one and only goal is to get the league I get why they'd leave. No one is getting guaranteed minutes to display their draft potential :D

Cal has been yesterday's news since 2015.

He was handed the keys to College Basketballs Fort Knox and ended up wearing a pig head.

He'll end his career marching a sign back and forth in front of a Bar-B-Q stand.

"RIBS!--GET YA HOT, HOT RIBS" he'll be hollering as he marches back and forth out in the parking lot.

Inside it's Karaoke night where fat girls are singing Pat Benatar songs off key.

Thanks for freeing up that scholly. You came for Cal, not UK. The door is moving fast towards your hind parts. Run faster.

Reactions: jpuk974
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT