ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Richmond come on down

I bet you said the same about BJ.
I am assuming you are talking about BJ Boston? If so, who the hell in their right mind ever compared Boston to MKG coming out of HS? BJ was known as a 3 level scorer (didn't necessarily pan out that way in college). MKG was an intense defender and slasher/finisher on the offensive end and ultimate team guy. They weren't the same at all.

Last edited:
I mean like Jamal Murray, Devin Booker etc type player- Reed Sheppard will fit what I am talking about also

A Liggins type? A great defender always needed on the roster. Just make sure the shooters get the shots first.
I'll hold off before I compare any kid to Liggins. He was in a league all to himself when it came to locking people down.

He was our best wing defender in the last 20 years, even above MKG.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Someone who can shoot- just because a guy is an "athlete" does not mean he is a good basketball player
exactly, sign kids that are basketball players, not just ones that can touch the top of the back board, but can't score outside of the lane or hit a free throw

We’ve already forgotten what MKG meant to that 2012 team? Dude couldn’t shoot a lick, but dominated games at times with effort and D.

MKG was 25% from 3, a 75% FT shooter, and had a decent midrange game. For sure mediocre to below average but saying he couldn't shoot a lick is revisionist history. He at least made teams guard him out the the three point line.

Reactions: Fox2monk
MKG was 25% from 3, a 75% FT shooter, and had a decent midrange game. For sure mediocre to below average but saying he couldn't shoot a lick is revisionist history. He at least made teams guard him out the the three point line.
Goose Givens was saying on the radio broadcast last night that Adou almost has to take those wide open, defender 5 feet back shots to keep the defense honest because if not it's almost like playing 4 on 5 when we have the ball and that's exactly what MKG did and that made a huge difference

Reactions: aceman509
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT