ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Preston 'car accident investigation'.... ?

He's still benched due to an investigation about a single car accident that hasn't been reported and confirmed by police or anyone but self. Certainly sounds like that's what he's saying to cover up what the actual issue is, which who knows could be FBI scandal related? Just incase anyone hasn't noticed this whole Billy Preston situation is starting to look very shady. And if we know anything about KU then that's they're about as low down and dirty as it gets besides UL and UNC. Sorry for the random post just seems very odd this story isn't getting any attention when it appears to be suspicious at best.
Didn't he go round in circle's? Also, think he played with the boys from Liverpool.

Reactions: kev69
Doug Compton's checkbook has to be smoking considering how many times he has to use it to bail Kansas out with recruits and the law.

Asked it before and I'll ask it again - why in the world would a top-10 kid choose to play in Lawrence unless there were shenanigans?

I LOL'd. I believe the issue now is how many games he'll miss based on the dollar value given.
giphy.gif

May 23, 2017

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – University of Kansas head coach Bill Self has been named president of the National Association of Basketball Coaches Board of Directors. Self, whose two-year term will span the 2017-18 and 2018-19 academic years, was officially installed as NABC president at the 2017 NABC Convention and oversaw his first Board of Directors’ meeting earlier this month in Indianapolis.

He has been working with them for a few years. He has his get of jail free card and has had it for some time. No way theyd would touch somenoe in that position.
Wasn’t Kelvin Sampson the president of coaches on rules or some position about ethics when he cheated at Indiana, I mean I know he was but can’t remember the title. The guys that get those spots sometimes try to shield how dirty they are. As for Kansas, the ncaa headquarters used to be located there and a likely reason they get special treatment despite ish loads of smoke always billowing from that school.

Reactions: TheThack
https://www.fanragsports.com/rothstein-kansas-preparing-for-life-with-preston-and-de-sousa/

“Billy’s situation is going to sort itself out sooner rather than later,” Self told FanRag Sports on Tuesday.

[eyeroll] Way to go out on limb Mr. Self.

Oh... and as far as more shady Kansas business goes:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/big-12/university-of-kansas/article183747006.html

There’s a chance blue-chip IMG Academy power forward Silvio De Sousa will be playing basketball at the University of Kansas in December.

De Sousa is ranked No. 25 in the Class of 2018 by Rivals.com.

“We are just trying to see NCAA-wise if he can make that move. He doesn’t want to get too excited about this because the NCAA might say we can’t do this. It’s an NCAA decision.”

“It’s not going to come down to the test, but more the core credits he has that transfer from back home,” Falmagne said. “The NCAA will have to look at all the credits he got. Is it something they will allow to transfer … see how many that is, see where he’s at.”

:popcorn:

I get KU is a rival and hated, but I don’t understand this sentiment. Self is the one who held him out, and from what I read on all this they are the ones who discovered something and then apparently are self reporting it. Isn’t that the opposite of being shady? Louisville would have likely covered it up, or better yet, have paid for the car themselves.
That's the thing tho it appears to have nothing to do with a car. No police reports have reported this single car accident. No official report of an accident at all. That's shady. At first Preston was missing games due to being late for class, but it appears that was something they couldn't use for an entire season so the story changed to him wrecking a car that was too nice. It clearly seems as if this has nothing to do with a car and something much bigger and as I previously stated earlier possibly fbi related.

Also I would not consider Kansas a hated rival at all. Kansas is not a team I ever find myself mad at or hateful of. Nor do any other UK fans I know 'hate' KU. I was just saying this story seems very shady and it's not getting any attention which is weird to me.

Over the past several years there appears to be more questions about KU players than at most other schools,on the reverse side there seem to be fewer straight answers to these questions.There is always some grey area that Self is "looking into" or "sorting out" or he is "creating information". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something out of the ordinary is always going on there,but evidently it does take someone smarter than anyone at the NCAA

Ehh, I'd still like to get the Kansas lurker's thoughts on this. They'll massage it just so..

Ehh, I'd still like to get the Kansas lurker's thoughts on this. They'll massage it just so..
Me too it is tough to wade thru all their bull$h!^ but the fact that they aren't here says something.

Like someone said if he doesn't play pretty quickly in the 2nd semester then he probably won't play at all.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Their compliance department is headed by David Reed. If you aren’t familiar, he is the one that was overseeing compliance at Miami when the whole Nevin Shapiro fiasco went down. He skirted right before shit hit the fan and Miami got hammered and went to KU.

About Preston and the car. The car is a complete farce. I have said it many times, first it was missing class/rules violations, then the car, then he didn’t travel with the team because mommy was in Kansas. Kansas fans have Self’s balls so far down their throat and believe everything he says. I can’t believe they still think that it takes this long to find out how a car was paid for. What’s funny is Self knows how dumb they are and doesn’t even have to come up with creative excuses.

Over the past several years there appears to be more questions about KU players than at most other schools,on the reverse side there seem to be fewer straight answers to these questions.There is always some grey area that Self is "looking into" or "sorting out" or he is "creating information". It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that something out of the ordinary is always going on there,but evidently it does take someone smarter than anyone at the NCAA

Bill Self's Greatest Hits:

It appears there was some progress regarding Cheick Diallo’s eligibility case on Monday.

“The only thing I know is our athletic director was contacted (by NCAA) today that they are working on it,” KU coach Bill Self said after the Jayhawks’ 123-72 first-round Maui Invitational win over Chaminade in Lahaina Civic Center. “That’s all I know concerning that situation,” he added

Kansas coach Bill Self on Saturday expressed frustration over the ongoing NCAA investigation of suspended freshman Cliff Alexander and stressed the need for all parties — Kansas, the NCAA and Alexander's family — to "get on the same page" in order to expedite the process.

"The bottom line is that I just wish everyone would get together and talk it out," Self said outside the team's locker room following a 75-73 loss at Oklahoma. "If there is a problem, deal with the problem. But don't run from it."

Bill Self commented today on the eligibility status of freshman point guard Josh Selby. Here is what he said in full:Josh's status for competition hasn't changed. While he has met NCAA academic requirements to be on aid, practice and compete this year, we continue to work with the NCAA as we review his amateur status. We will not play Josh in games until that process is complete and a decision is rendered

Bill Self says Billy Preston eligibility issues unlike any he’s had with KU basketball
Coach hopeful situation will conclude in ‘relatively near future

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was there no problem with who paid for the car before the wreck? This stinks. Is this Alexander again?
I'd assume because no one "knew" he was driving the car before the wreck.

If a booster (or an agent) gives you a late-model luxury/sports car, it's probably important to not broadcast that to the general public.

Now it's a matter of how (or if) Kansas can cover their ass for their latest blatant cheating. Really, whether they can come up with some plausible deniability that will allow Preston to play, or whether they'll have to sacrifice him (ala Cliff Alexander) while proclaiming ignorance/innocence.

And the NCAA will apparently continue to look the other way and say "no problem here".

Last edited:
This makes you wonder what it would look like at Kansas if you peeled back one layer.

This makes you wonder what it would look like at Kansas if you peeled back one layer.
Yes it does,you would probably find a UL like situation,the Cards got away with stuff for years before Ms Powell brought it all down .KU is likely in the same boat.

The thing that is puzzling to me is that everyone seems to buy/accept the flimsy explanations that Self keeps putting out.Preston's situation is just the latest example of Self and KU dancing around an issue,telling 2 or 3 different stories,none of which tell anyone the actual reason Preston isn't playing.Last year it was kicking the car,hitting the female,the bong,the rape in the basketball dorm.Prior to that it was the Alexander "loan" that came to light after he had played how many games

Self isn't even good or believable at explaining the issues,he is worse than Pitino yet the NCAA and the media seem to buy it year after year after year.

Reactions: the stat man
Yes it does,you would probably find a UL like situation,the Cards got away with stuff for years before Ms Powell brought it all down .KU is likely in the same boat.

The thing that is puzzling to me is that everyone seems to buy/accept the flimsy explanations that Self keeps putting out.Preston's situation is just the latest example of Self and KU dancing around an issue,telling 2 or 3 different stories,none of which tell anyone the actual reason Preston isn't playing.Last year it was kicking the car,hitting the female,the bong,the rape in the basketball dorm.Prior to that it was the Alexander "loan" that came to light after he had played how many games

Self isn't even good or believable at explaining the issues,he is worse than Pitino yet the NCAA and the media seem to buy it year after year after year.

Rape?? I thought it came out that it was someone not at all involved with the KU program, or was there another incident?

The basketball players were the only people at the dorm since school was on Winter Break. It was at least 1 player, probably more. No one talked. The Victim was wasted & she wasn't positive on the penetrator(s) when the penis lineup was presented. At least that's what I heard.

Rape?? I thought it came out that it was someone not at all involved with the KU program, or was there another incident?
What "came out" as the story KU wanted to come out not the real story.Anyone paying attention can see this, some just ignore it and business as usual continues at KU

What "came out" as the story KU wanted to come out not the real story.Anyone paying attention can see this, some just ignore it and business as usual continues at KU

What an ugly thing to say.... (True but ugly...)

“The thing about it, from an optimism standpoint, we don’t know how other people will view what we have done,” Self said, ostensibly referring to the NCAA’s opinion of KU’s findings regarding the financial picture surrounding a vehicle the 6-foot-10 Preston has been driving on campus this school year.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...of-kansas/article189811354.html#storylink=cpy
On De Sousa, 'our ability to either speak French or Portuguese in a way that we have received additional information to basically help him has been somewhat limited'. What? They don;t have anyone on that campus that can speak French or Portuguese? That doesn't make any sense.

I get KU is a rival and hated, but I don’t understand this sentiment. Self is the one who held him out, and from what I read on all this they are the ones who discovered something and then apparently are self reporting it. Isn’t that the opposite of being shady? Louisville would have likely covered it up, or better yet, have paid for the car themselves.

Dude, you're way too obvious. The sad part is you've been a member here since 2003. So you've been trolling a competitor's board for 15 years. Let that sink in the next time you take a look in the mirror. Good lord man, get a life. Truly pathetic.

Reactions: Slowwalker
Dude, you're way too obvious. The sad part is you've been a member here since 2003. So you've been trolling a competitor's board for 15 years. Let that sink in the next time you take a look in the mirror. Good lord man, get a life. Truly pathetic.
She has been defending KU since she joined the board.

All this speculation about Preston and suspicion of current and past rules violations at KU is pretty ironic coming from fans of a school with Calipari as head coach. Of the two programs, only one has a head coach who led programs at multiple schools that were investigated and sanctioned by the NCAA. LOL

All this speculation about Preston and suspicion of current and past rules violations at KU is pretty ironic coming from fans of a school with Calipari as head coach. Of the two programs, only one has a head coach who led programs at multiple schools that were investigated and sanctioned by the NCAA. LOL
As far as I remember only one player on the floor did not graduate high school in the 2008 championship game lol.
Derrick Rose graduated high school
maybe do a little digging and see who had proven falsified transcripts. NCAA plays a little game called hypocrisy.

Reactions: Dentalcat2020
Any chance it is due to eligibility concerns over his time at Advanced Prep International, the same school Terrance Ferguson and Trevon Duval played at. Ferguson was ruled ineligible and most said Duval would never play either until he signed with Duke. Maybe the NCAA never cleared him.

And of the two programs, only one was sanctioned for “Lack of Institutional Control” and had their basketball team placed on probation by the NCAA within just the last 10 years or so. Here’s a hint, it wasn’t Kentucky.

Any chance it is due to eligibility concerns over his time at Advanced Prep International, the same school Terrance Ferguson and Trevon Duval played at. Ferguson was ruled ineligible and most said Duval would never play either until he signed with Duke. Maybe the NCAA never cleared him.
The NCAA didn't have to clear him Rat Face called them and said it would be ok !

Face it, it's the Jailhawks continually having character issues, not Kentucky. You know it, we know it. Self keeps recruiting questionable kids and that's obvious.

Maybe if Self would tell your fans what is going on instead of lying to you, we wouldn’t have to speculate.

Take your bullshit and go talk shit to the mid major that drops your dirty team in the second round.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT