ADVERTISEMENT

Billy Donovan is the best obvious choice, and I think that’s easy to call.

Apr 9, 2024
The longer this goes without hearing much about offers, the more likely we’re going in this direction. This has gotten to the point where you’ve got to just get an assurance from Billy and let him finish his job this season, right?

No way Billy turns down 10-12 million over 7 years from UK. There’s no way he’s going to get an offer like that in the NBA that press conference just about guarantees he’ll take it. I also think the boosters prefer him but let Mitch ride with Drew. There are reasons I think it.

Thinking that if it’s not Billy Mitch didn’t want to wait and that should get the basketball program removed from his care all together. This isn’t as hard as it seems.

I get Drew before Donovan even though it couldn’t have done it. But it was probably the right call. THE Hurley stuff is just ridiculous, we should have never even gone that route. It’s embarrassing and stupid. But Billy D said enough in that press go conference to show he wants it. He would have totally shot that down given the circumstances.

Billy D will be our next coach.

I feel it in my plums.

I really really am starting to actually feel it. We’re in the spot where we’d have to go get him, and his press conference all but guarantees he’s wants it

This is something to remember, Billy D will make over 50 million more dollars at UK vs. Staying in the NBA. The bulls are not going to retain him but even if they do he won’t last past next season. I don’t think another NBA team calls, which means this is his pay day until retirement. Even if another NBA takes him on; he’s probably not making over 6 million. Probably less.

Even the money screams it’s UK and that’s what usually tells the tale.

Last edited:
Donovan has been my #1 choice from the get-go. I would have cheered for any of the options that have turned us down of course but he is my choice. And I really don't care how many times he has turned us down. Maybe it just wasn't his time to join us. But if I had stopped asking this certain girl out after two ask, she wouldn't be my wife today. :)

Reactions: PrinceofPain
Is there a reason that Donovan cannot talk to UK before his season ends? Is it a contract thing, or just something NNA coaches do not do (publicly at least)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT