ADVERTISEMENT

Billy D

Well Capel is going to get a slap in the face. Imo I think Mike White will be the Dukies top choice.

There's no way Duke will pass up their legends choice for the son of their athletic director.

Capel is the next coach at Duke. There's really no question about it. K will want his guy, and Duke will at least try to continue in his path. Also there's a race issue which will be discussed and Duke will feel pressure. I don't agree with it, but it will happen.

Donovan will not be at Duke or Louisville. Louisville isn't even an attractive job for that type. Pitino deminished himself by linking his name there.

Reactions: kev69
I know for a fact, Pitino didn't won't Billy D to take the UK job. Donavon wanted to be the coach here at UK. You can bet money, if the Thunder releases Donavon this season, he will be Louisville's top choice.
We all know that! The thing is Louisville won't be Billy D's top choice

I'm betting and hearing coach MACk from Xavier and there is mutual interest at the moment. Donovan is too close to the Pitino line...i think the university wants to cleanse themselves from all of that filth.

I'm betting and hearing coach MACk from Xavier and there is mutual interest at the moment. Donovan is too close to the Pitino line...i think the university wants to cleanse themselves from all of that filth.
I could see that. I would rather Louisville get Mack than Donovan. Although Mack is very solid

I think Mack would be good for UL because they are not getting some one like Donovan. I hope they cannot get anyone to come too UL and it becomes a Div 3 school.

Reactions: justin_uk_5
When he plays my nephew I cheer when he doesn’t I hope they lose. Yep I’m petty in this instance lol.

On a different note, rumor (according to those close to his agent) is if he isn’t back next year he will try to get the Louisville job

Mack's name has been linked to the job the day the Pitino was given his 10 day notice. His wife is from here. He would be the best hire they could get right now.

When he plays my nephew I cheer when he doesn’t I hope they lose. Yep I’m petty in this instance lol.

On a different note, rumor (according to those close to his agent) is if he isn’t back next year he will try to get the Louisville job
I sincerely hope this isn’t true. I would hate seeing billy d bring their program back to life

Sadly, you're all incorrect.

It's Bobby Hurley's job and it's not even close. He's a Dukie, he's put in work at every level now, being in a low-major (Buffalo) and a power conference (ASU), He's young, He's white, he hasn't gotten in trouble.

The longer coach K hangs around, the more cemented the above is. I think Capel's shot at coaching has to be in the next year or two, because Hurley is going to blow him out of the water in due time and Capel will be an after thought.
I would agree with you on both accounts except I've had some Duke fans tell me that Hurley's not in coach K's "family" . He doesn't worship at the feet of the anointed one ( coach K). He kinda went out and blazed his own trail . Maybe there's nothing to it , I mean these guys are just Duke fans that visit their premium board so it could be unfounded. If I was a Duke fan I'd want Hurley .

There's no way Duke will pass up their legends choice for the son of their athletic director.

Capel is the next coach at Duke. There's really no question about it. K will want his guy, and Duke will at least try to continue in his path. Also there's a race issue which will be discussed and Duke will feel pressure. I don't agree with it, but it will happen.

Donovan will not be at Duke or Louisville. Louisville isn't even an attractive job for that type. Pitino deminished himself by linking his name there.

Mark it down - it will be Bobby Hurley's to lose if he continues to coach circles around Capel's weak accomplishments.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I would agree with you on both accounts except I've had some Duke fans tell me that Hurley's not in coach K's "family" . He doesn't worship at the feet of the anointed one ( coach K). He kinda went out and blazed his own trail . Maybe there's nothing to it , I mean these guys are just Duke fans that visit their premium board so it could be unfounded. If I was a Duke fan I'd want Hurley .

Figures the dumbest fanbase in the nation doesn't know what's good for them. I hope to God they don't get Hurley.. He'd be the closest thing to a Coach K clone there is..

Reactions: yoshukai
My reaction to OP:

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
tenor.gif

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
There's no way Donovan will take any job in Kentucky. Part of the reason why he left Florida was to get away from Kentucky due to recruiting & winning becoming much harder. He does not want to play second fiddle to Calipari in the same state.

Mark it down - it will be Bobby Hurley's to lose if he continues to coach circles around Capel's weak accomplishments.

If wont be because of recruiting. Capel is capable of landing guys I don't think Hurley can. Duke fans pretty much have already given the idea that Capel is going to be the guy.

Heard Drew Deener (two Deener items in 2 days on CatsPause!) this morning talking about this earlier today. Evidently Billy D is his “fantasy” hire. They talked about that for a while. Then someone sent him a text - and I didn’t catch what it said, but Deener said “yeah, that’s a good point. Not sure how you get around that, hard for him to come to Louisville.” Then he got another text, and Deener said “well this person would know 100%, and he simply says “no way”. So that one text made Deener say he has to get a new fantasy coach, cause Donovan isn’t coming.

Everyone in Louisville assumes Chris Mack is the first conversation, and if that doesn’t work out it’s anyones guess....

I wanted to be UofL's <===[laughing] BB coach so I could burn the program to the ground...but Pitino beat me to it. :fire::boom:

Nobody believes ya man. You been outed as a UL fan. Just a few hours ago

He's loyal to Pitino.

Pitino and UL are not on good terms right now. No way he goes there.

He's not going to Louisville.
3-4 years from now, under a different athletic director, and after NCAA penalties have been served, I won't be shocked if UL attracts Donovan or another coach of that caliber. But at this moment, Donovan would have about 50 options better than UL entering NCAA probation.

ADVERTISEMENT