ADVERTISEMENT

Bill Walton has passed away

Something crazy he only called 1 Ky basketball game. 2019 KY- Utah in Vegas. KY should have played at least couple times on the West Coast late at night against a PAC 12 opponent.

Well I can't say I liked Walton much as a commentator didn't really care for that hippie dippy deadhead west coast persona but I hope he repented. And he was an excellent player no denying that
Stupidity Are You Stupid GIF

• Haha
Reactions: postmodernprimate
The world needs more people like Bill Walton. We need people who are unapologetically themselves, quirky, and march to the beat of their own drummer. More originals, not people with PC and or cookie cutter views bleating in lockstep. We have enough mental lemmings, esp on TV. I hope you have a long, strange trip, Bill.
This was incredibly well stated and I couldn’t possibly agree anymore with the sentiment. There would be immeasurably more happy people out there if they could stop obsessing about what others think about them and just unapologetically be themselves. Walton was a true original in every way which is so rare in modern culture.

The world needs more people like Bill Walton. We need people who are unapologetically themselves, quirky, and march to the beat of their own drummer. More originals, not people with PC and or cookie cutter views bleating in lockstep. We have enough mental lemmings, esp on TV. I hope you have a long, strange trip, Bill.
Awesome post:)

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
This was incredibly well stated and I couldn’t possibly agree anymore with the sentiment. There would be immeasurably more happy people out there if they could stop obsessing about what others think about them and just unapologetically be themselves. Walton was a true original in every way which is so rare in modern culture.
Awesome post, both of you.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
Per the NBA.
Over 50 years later & his 1973 championship game performance against Memphis is still the greatest single game I've ever seen a player play. I mean 21 for 22 shots from the field is beyond incredible. He was such a happy person I don't believe he could have said a mean word to anyone. I believe this hurts more than losing any athlete that I can remember.

By all accounts he was really like that. I've seen Letterman who is serious and then got all goofy when the cameras rolled.

Over 50 years later & his 1973 championship game performance against Memphis is still the greatest single game I've ever seen a player play. I mean 21 for 22 shots from the field is beyond incredible. He was such a happy person I don't believe he could have said a mean word to anyone. I believe this hurts more than losing any athlete that I can remember.
Incredibly skilled 6'11" basketball player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT