ADVERTISEMENT

Biggest disappointments this year?

I would put Mark Stoops at #1!!

Your list is about spot on except I would move Mincey ,Vandegriff and Brown up and Maclin to #6. Cox has been the biggest and that is puzzling considering he wanted to come back for a 7th year and Mincey being brought in must mean we have ZERO younger kids to play OT.

Reactions: chevyman 50
Hamden and brown. Hamden is inconsistent and brown is way too emotional while also nit getting better as a wr.

That said, last two games brown had very nice catches. Improvement over the case of the drops he had for the previous two seasons.

Reactions: bluecoon1
MARK STOOPS is by far the Biggest Disappointment this year.
He has had 2 of our winnable games where he has not had the team ready to play.
He has had 2 Top 10 games and we played them both great. Going 1-1.

Stoops thinks he can cruise control on home game weeks against what he thinks is inferior teams coming in to Commonwealth. That is 100% coaching.

Reactions: Wildcatjedi
At least for me.

1. M. Cox
2. J. Maclin
3. G. Mincey
4. B. Vandegriff
5. B. Brown
The entire coaching staff ... for me, that's the real disappointment. What could a legitimate coaching staff have done with these players? For me, changing assistants won't make any difference as long as Stoops remains. Everything starts and ends with Stoops and he is the root cause for the lack of consistency over the last 12 years. He simply does not have the character of a head coach.

Can we do a Top Ten ??
1) Stoops , consistently doesn’t have teams ready to play , whether it be a bye week or not , too often we play with the intensity of a intersquad scrimmage . Clock management !! In year 11 ??? Zero passing game and development of any QB .. in 11 years ..
2) wideouts BB and DK .. run mouths not routes .. I wish they were 1/2 as good as they perceive themselves to be .
3) offensive line in general
4) punter not worthy of making 2nd team all on a HS team
5) seeing us run out a running back to play QB . For 1/2 the freaking snaps .. soooooooo sets the QB( any QB) up for failure
6) did I mention the inability to manage the clock ?
7) same ole songs on the Juke box every week
8) Wildcat does the pushups too fast
9) cheerleader shoe untied
10) Stoops in general

Last edited:
1. Vandagriff. Not sure how this guy was ever considered a 5 star talent. I'm not seeing it...at all.
2. Mincey. Yikes, no wonder UT wasn't sad to lose him.
3. Maclin. This guy seems scared of contact.
4. Barion Brown. I'm so tired of the bravado from Brown (and Key, though Key has done more to warrant it). Your team is 1-3 and you've done very little, STFU after a catch instead of strutting and talking and taunting after literally every play.
5. Hamden. Is this supposed to be an improvement? Sloppy play. Unimaginative play calling. Averaging 12 points a game in SEC play? YUCK.

The fact that anyone is mentioning the OC is laughable. We have had many OCs and they all have the same issue, Stoops. The same problems with Brown, Gran, Dawson, Scang, etc… are the same problems for the new guy.

Reactions: ManitouDan
For me it’s hard to criticize the QB because the line is so awful at the worst times ( 2nd and goal at the 1/2 yard line )
And the scheme is so so soooo bad .
As far as having “ great “ receivers— no freaking way , BB has shown very little , DK fumbles once a game

For me it’s hard to criticize the QB because the line is so awful at the worst times ( 2nd and goal at the 1/2 yard line )
And the scheme is so so soooo bad .
As far as having “ great “ receivers— no freaking way , BB has shown very little , DK fumbles once a game
Actually, think DK he has been pretty awesome this year. I know he had two bonehead plays yesterday but for the most part, he’s played really really well. Unfortunately, after him, there’s not much talent. I’m hoping we can see Gilmore play a little bit the last half of the season.

1. Stoops
2. Ham
3. Brock

I can't really fault our D or defensive coaches. Some issues but did enough to win 5 games IMO.

Can we do a Top Ten ??
1) Stoops , consistently doesn’t have teams ready to play , whether it be a bye week or not , too often we play with the intensity of a intersquad scrimmage . Clock management !! In year 11 ??? Zero passing game and development of any QB .. in 11 years ..
2) wideouts BB and DK .. run mouths not routes .. I wish they were 1/2 as good as they perceive themselves to be .
3) offensive line in general
4) punter not worthy of making 2nd team all on a HS team
5) seeing us run out a running back to play QB . For 1/2 the freaking snaps .. soooooooo sets the QB( any QB) up for failure
6) did I mention the inability to manage the clock ?
7) same ole songs on the Juke box every week
8) Wildcat does the pushups too fast
9) cheerleader shoe untied
10) Stoops in general
Pretty well sums up the play for the team so far this year. Will there ever be a change?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT