ADVERTISEMENT

Big Z

Same dipshits that we’re guessing all last week and getting it wrong get back to work making shit up and people gobble it up as true with no word from the actual people involved.

Reactions: JPFisher
If true I don’t really get why he thinks Cal is the answer but I hope it works out for him. Think he’d be better utilized by many coaches.

I addressed that in my comment with "of" and "grasping straws." If it's true that they've predicted that move, which there's no evidence I've found that says it is, it is likely speculation.
Twitter/"X" class 101: If you want clicks/shares, post about UK Basketball in a negative way.

Doesn't matter if the source came from Cal's handyman, Z's third cousin twice removed, or appeared to the guy in a dream. Until Z announces where he will be for the 2024-2025 season, I will not believe anything posted by trolls seeking notoriety.

My heat check is that HeatCheckHoops is just throwing darts in what appears on the surface to be a logical direction.

Reactions: chroix and JPFisher
If true I don’t really get why he thinks Cal is the answer but I hope it works out for him. Think he’d be better utilized by many coaches.
That's the puzzling part. Calipari doesn't know how to best utilize a player with his skillset. He just looks at him as a 7-footer and tries to make him a back-to-the-basket post player.

Geez. He has a multi year relationship with Martin who is the one that really got him to UK. Good for him if that's what he wants to do.

Our fans keep talking crap about our players leaving but don't seem to have an issue with pope probably bringing in byu players.

The hypocrisy of this board knows no bounds.

Has to be hard for the guy, His best bud on the team just went off dot the i in The Columbus. He is close with Chuck Martin. Also, no doubt Mrs. Cal (who is awesome) helped him feel like he has a family in the states (brownies go a long way!).

However, it was the UK administration that fought hard to get him cleared (Cal just tried to sway the NCAA with public statements) and the fans who put up a "Free Big-Z" billboard and who cheered the guy anytime he entered the game.

Got to be tough to choose between two loves!

Reactions: Girthang
Our fans keep talking crap about our players leaving but don't seem to have an issue with pope probably bringing in byu players.

The hypocrisy of this board knows no bounds.
I agree. We cannot take any of this personally and we cannot make people love UK as much as we do. As fans we pay to love UK, the players are getting paid to either be here or to be somewhere else. It is all a business, but doesn't have to get ugly. I chalk some of the hypocrisy up to us all being thirsty for news. Our society now needs information quickly and news to happen fast. Patience is hard, especially since we are all feeling a little behind in fielding a team. Pope got us hyped yesterday, so we want the news even quicker. Heck, we would settle for who our walk-ons and ball boys will be for next season right now.

These are exciting times, we just have to be civil in them!

That's the puzzling part. Calipari doesn't know how to best utilize a player with his skillset. He just looks at him as a 7-footer and tries to make him a back-to-the-basket post player.
Most of his shots last year was 3's ?? Or put backs on rebounded misses or lobs. He did not play back to the basket last year. Not defending Cal, but Z did not play like a old big back to the basket.

I agree. We cannot take any of this personally and we cannot make people love UK as much as we do. As fans we pay to love UK, the players are getting paid to either be here or to be somewhere else. It is all a business, but doesn't have to get ugly. I chalk some of the hypocrisy up to us all being thirsty for news. Our society now needs information quickly and news to happen fast. Patience is hard, especially since we are all feeling a little behind in fielding a team. Pope got us hyped yesterday, so we want the news even quicker. Heck, we would settle for who our walk-ons and ball boys will be for next season right now.

These are exciting times, we just have to be civil in them!

Yeah, I cant control what players do and idc if we get byu players or lose former players. It's a business and the nature of the beast, especially in the NIL and transfer portal era.

Most of these guys would have left if cal stayed so wish them the best and focus on our team when it materializes over the coming days and weeks.

Reactions: TX-Wildcat
Most of his shots last year was 3's ?? Or put backs on rebounded misses or lobs. He did not play back to the basket last year. Not defending Cal, but Z did not play like an old big back to the basket.
I agree with this. I don’t recall Z ever posting someone up

Would surprise me. It wasn't Cal putting up billboards to get him cleared but it was Cal utilizing him poorly in all but a few games. Well the ones where he got any minutes at all...
Cal didn't have a damn thing to do with the billboard! Z would be much better served in THE POPE’S system

Yep, Z is not a post up big lmao
We all know it’s gonna happen. If I was pope I would have showed him skal and sarr and said this is how cal uses guys like yourself. But I do get why z is going to Arkansas from his perspective outside of basketball reasons

Big Z does have a lady friend in Lex. They seem like love birds according to his Instagtam story today. I hope he can’t live without her and needs her by his side #alittlehope
If this lady friend is a real "Kentucky girl, Big Z ain't going nowhere......

Without her. Lol.

Good, at least it is over and happened fairly swiftly. The more Band-Aids that can be ripped off, the better.

Best of luck to him, except when he plays us. Now Pope can focus on building from the outside in!

If Reed leaves I doubt he gets attacked like all the other players that leave.
That thread will be interesting. I think some will mention is physical limitations as to why it’s a mistake not realizing that it would make sense that he left with his stock this high .

I hope they treat him nice . Some people really are convinced that’s he’s staying .

He really was torn on his decision, but in the end 2 million plus in NIl, plus the friends joining him. Wanted to stay with girl friend at UK. Shame he is going to be special. He will be going home soon recording commercials for Tyson and another company. I will miss him. Blessing to you Big Z

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT