ADVERTISEMENT

Better Call Saul..

This Jeff works better than the previous one for this story but the old Jeff now seems out of place.

Do you think Gene talked to Kim on the pay phone? I don't think he would be that mad at her slamming the phone and yelling. Unless maybe she died? Remarried? No longer works there? So maybe he has lost her for good? He had that 100yd stare in the Cinnabon and then turned right back into Saul Goodman. So maybe they did talk. IDK. Think next week we will see her POV from leaving ABQ and that final phone call blow up possibly. Good episode

I saw a thread on Reddit where the author watched a German dubbed version last night that actually had bits of recognizable dialogue that they translated. The gist of it was that they were arguing because she urged him to turn himself in.

The post seemed legit, but who knows?

yea it is amazing some of the tid bits they can find on Reddit and you would never even know to look for

Kim now works at a place called Palm Coast Sprinklers and the next episode title is "Waterworks". I think the next episode could start with an opening of Kim from the point she left Jimmy. I think if Jimmy talked to Kim on the phone, we will hear and see it from her perspective.

I think Gene/Jimmy/Saul talked to Kim directly or was told some information that closes the book on him ever seeing her again.

I think he realizes he now has absolutely nothing which causes him to act recklessly in the last con, and will ultimately leave him behind bars for that and the crimes of BB.

I was thinking he may somehow find out that the feds are listening in, but that would be a ripoff of the Walter/Skyler phone convo in BB.

another Reddit says "Waterworks" is two spaces before jail in Monopoly, with 2 episodes left in the series. I wonder if carol burnett and her new computer could figure out who he is since her and Jeff came from ABQ and turns him in

Reactions: DanCat17
another Reddit says "Waterworks" is two spaces before jail in Monopoly, with 2 episodes left in the series. I wonder if carol burnett and her new computer could figure out who he is since her and Jeff came from ABQ and turns him in
That's very possible (two spaces, two episodes). The trailer for the next episode, there is a cop car with his lights on. Off hand, maybe the guy they drugged woke up when Saul broke the window, then was arrested, then the domino's started connecting back to ABQ.

I think the passion Reddit guys have for this entire universe is neat, but I personally can't imagine breaking down every frame of an episode and searching for background clues in a series like a tv detective. Honestly sounds exhausting.

Reactions: jameslee32
I think the passion Reddit guys have for this entire universe is neat, but I personally can't imagine breaking down every frame of an episode and searching for background clues in a series like a tv detective. Honestly sounds exhausting.
Man, I'm on a couple of BCS/BrBa Facebook groups and that's 100% true! And not just the clues, but EVERYTHING has to mean something. It's a beatdown when I get sucked into reading through a thread.

Reactions: Nightwish84
Man, I'm on a couple of BCS/BrBa Facebook groups and that's 100% true! And not just the clues, but EVERYTHING has to mean something. It's a beatdown when I get sucked into reading through a thread.
I always wonder how much of this is intentional by the writers and how much is just coincidence. Like Jimmy calls himself Victor when he pulls scams, alluding to him being Victor Frankenstein to Walt's Frankenstein's Monster. Then Saul calls Jesse Igor in this last episode, and Igor was Dr. Frankenstein's assistant. If the writers really had this idea years ago when they came up with Jimmy's Victor alias then more power to them, but I'm never sure how much of these connections people make are true vs. how much people just want them to be true.

I always wonder how much of this is intentional by the writers and how much is just coincidence. Like Jimmy calls himself Victor when he pulls scams, alluding to him being Victor Frankenstein to Walt's Frankenstein's Monster. Then Saul calls Jesse Igor in this last episode, and Igor was Dr. Frankenstein's assistant. If the writers really had this idea years ago when they came up with Jimmy's Victor alias then more power to them, but I'm never sure how much of these connections people make are true vs. how much people just want them to be true.
I am sure a lot of it is coincidence. What you’re seeing is the same type of mentality that feeds conspiracy theories.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
I am sure a lot of it is coincidence. What you’re seeing is the same type of mentality that feeds conspiracy theories.

Idk. Jmo I think most of it is intentional. One or two things would be just a coincidence but these shows have a multitude of them.

Now I do not think they had all this in line from square one. I think much of the saul backstory had to be carefully filled in, but was done so with painstaking attention to detail. In fact, jmo, but over an hour of this season was dedicated to trying to shore up the plot hole of him yelling about lalo in the desert even though we know lalo was dead.

Idk. Jmo I think most of it is intentional. One or two things would be just a coincidence but these shows have a multitude of them.

Now I do not think they had all this in line from square one. I think much of the saul backstory had to be carefully filled in, but was done so with painstaking attention to detail. In fact, jmo, but over an hour of this season was dedicated to trying to shore up the plot hole of him yelling about lalo in the desert even though we know lalo was dead.
I think I read before writing each new season of BCS they had a team watch the entirety of Breaking Bad each time to make sure they weren't introducing any plot holes or screwing anything up.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity
Thought it was impressive how the actors who play Mike and Gus were able to mostly maintain their BB looks in BCS. Could slightly tell they have aged some but overall pulled it off. Odenkirk lost some weight since BB but easily pulled off a slightly younger Saul in BCS. Overall, it is one of if not the best prequel series ever made.

Nine years is a long time. Gus and Jesse have aged the most. Jesse looked much heavier and his voice was so much deeper as well it seemed. Saul, Kim and the Dons have aged the least imo.

As far as Nebraska, I'm warming up to the new cons and those relationships. Black and white doesn't bother me. The latest fraud should have an interesting ending. A metaphor for something? They seem to time shift for a very specific reason.

Speaking of black and white, I get sucked into the story so quickly that once the show goes to color, it's jarring. Plus, my favorite channel is TCM so I don't mind how BCS is set up.

Someone made an uh oh and aired the short next episode teaser they do at the end of each episode for the last episode of the season. Not really a spoiler, but interesting nonetheless.

Clearly faking his own death, and disappearing again.
People are speculating that the teaser is set in BB times. Judging by the foliage around the car, looks like he is in New Mexico.

Apparently there is also an on set picture floating around somewhere that was taken of Kim outside of Saul's office in Albuquerque during taping.

Maybe Kim goes back for some reason and Gene/Saul/Jimmy follows, but is discovered by the police...Or worse, Kim goes to the police. And that teaser is the aftermath of him running.

I don't know, I just can't see a scenario where he makes it out. There's no closure with that outcome. Jimmy Always had Chuck to get him out of his screw ups. Jimmy/Saul has never really had to truly face the consequences of his actions from a legal standpoint. I feel like this is the time it all catches up with him. He has no one left to save him.

The sailor (Saul) said
'Brandy
(Kim), you're a fine girl
What a good wife you would be
But my life, my lover, my lady is the sea
(con game).'

Everything in this show is 100% intentional. So many little nuggets.
Very interesting, totally missed that but went back and see it. In addition to what you pointed out, when he sang "my wife, my love, my lady, is the sea!" He opened his arms and singing to the guy he was getting ready to con.

Fun fact. That dude in the scene above is best known as playing that shitty older brother Buzz in the Home Alone movies.

Well, that episode was an 80 minute gut punch. GD I feel pretty drained after that one. The Kim scenes were such a tough watch, leading up to when she lost it on the bus. Ugh.

Pretty fantastic episode for one of the best shows I've ever been caught up in. Kind of fitting that Saul made his living taking advantage of the elderly and he finally gets caught up by some nee-naw. I kind of wish the finale was like 4 hours because it's going to be sad to see this go, but it'll undoubtedly spur on immediate Breaking Bad into BCS re-watches.

Was anyone rooting for Gene to strangle Marion with a telephone cord?

me neither.

Anybody else think Saul is going down in a hail of police bullets? At first glance that's how it seems, but they always have a plot twist. Also, does Kim just go back to Florida getting banged by the rube, jail or her ass sued off by Cheryl knowing she's living a life in poverty.

Anybody else think Saul is going down in a hail of police bullets? At first glance that's how it seems, but they always have a plot twist. Also, does Kim just go back to Florida getting banged by the rube, jail or her ass sued off by Cheryl knowing she's living a life in poverty.
Saul has never been a character with a nothing to lose mentality. I don’t see him going down in a fury of bullets. He’s always been terrified to die. I’d say he will be arrested.

Plus, him dying is just too easy of an ending.

Reactions: BlueBallz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT