ADVERTISEMENT

Bestowing national title to Kansas 'would be great,' Bill Self says

Waiting for tornado season to begin.. That is all Kansas fan's have to look for.. Self is a self proclaimed great coach that has done little in the big dance..
Be nice to see them get their just reward "if" the NCAA has any ball's and I doubt they do to place them on probation for a couple years and kick hairless Bill out for a few years..

GBB

They can hang his rug from the rafters in Lawrence... [laughing]

ku-morona-virus.jpg

In his defense he also stated there would be an asterisk by it, which of course it would. It would be sheer comedy for the NCAA to try to just award a title. Especially in a highly volatile season were everyone is losing every other week. There would be no legitimacy to it all and it would demean the entire season.

It’s a good thing Bill Self wasn’t coaching the South Bend Central Bears in 1952.

1. He’d try to get the championship game against the Hickory Huskers canceled on the grounds that Ollie failed his class report on farming in America.

2. He’d claim Jimmy Chitwood joined the team after official rosters were finalized.

3. He’d assert that the first vote firing Norman Dale was official and the voice vote violated county rules.

4. He’d petition the Indiana HS Athletic Association to rule that the New York State ban on Dale was in effect in all states.

5. If the game did go forward and he lost, he’d still hang a banner as “Champion of All School With 70 or More Students.”

Last edited:
They could have two asterisks. One for the ridiculous poll championship and one for when the ridiculous poll championship is stripped for major violations.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
What kind of puss coach would like that? I'd only want it if I'd earned it. Our jailhawk friends have a giant cowardly puss for a coach.
Ha, maybe but I’m guessing you didn’t actually read the article. As someone else said ESPN just trying to find content as Self says it would come with an asterisk and wouldn’t happen.

It’s a good thing Bill Self wasn’t coaching the South Bend Central Bears in 1952.

1. He’d try to get the championship game against the Hickory Huskers canceled on the grounds that Ollie failed his class report on farming in America.

2. He’d claim Jimmy Chitwood joined the team after official rosters were finalized.

3. He’d assert that the first vote firing Norman Dale was official and the voice vote violated county rules.

4. He’d petition the Indiana HS Athletic Association to rule that the New York State ban on Dale was in effect in all states.

5. If the game did go forward and he lost, he’d still hang a banner as “Champion of All School With 70 or More Students.”
He would also claim that Shooter violated the Moral Turpitude clause which was included in the Indiana State Board of Education Regulations and Bylaws for his displays of public intoxication, thereby causing Hickory to forfeit in the Semi-Finals.

Reactions: MdWIldcat55
Ha, maybe but I’m guessing you didn’t actually read the article. As someone else said ESPN just trying to find content as Self says it would come with an asterisk and wouldn’t happen.
No need to read trash. Did Self say it would be great? If so, and I'm sure he did, that's all I need to know.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Regardless of any (stupid) poll, the NCAA title has always been settled only one way, and that's on the court in a final game after a tournament. To suggest otherwise, even under these circumstances, would be patently wrong. I also happen to think that Kentucky matched up very well with Kansas this year, and that their championship was far from guaranteed. Besides UK, there were others who would have given them a tough game. Just because they sit atop a meaningless poll doesn't make them any more deserving of a championship than any of the other 67 teams in the tournament. We have no champion for 2020, and the case is closed forever.

That is one sad and cheap ass individual, hell why play the season at all just award the National Championship to the team that's voted #1 during the pre-season poll, makes about as much since .

Screwed up from the start period. I mean game 1.
Calipari doesn’t not build his teams to be final AP 1. It happens but not built that way. Built to win in March. Period. Screw Self

Reactions: RunninRichie
Speaking of, Self and his big asterisk. Maybe someone should enlighten him what garbage Helms banners are.

I assume he was asked the question and didn’t bring it up, but I didn’t read the article

either way, the answer should have been, “of course if someone wanted to honor us in this strange year, we would appreciate the acknowledgment.”

“However, I don’t think that is how the season should be determined. We play a tournament and it would feel even more strange for us to celebrate a #1 ranking title.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT