ADVERTISEMENT

Best Way to Really Appreciate this Years Team

thedahc

Freshman
Aug 3, 2006
Just watched some highlights from last year and it was a grind to watch.

We have updated at literally every position with the potential exception of Oscar, though the guys we have now fit better for what our guards want to do.

DJ > Cason Wallace
Dillingham > Wheeler
Reed > CJ Fredrick
Reeves '23 > Reeves '22
Edwards > Livingston
Mitchell > Toppin
Bradshaw < Oscar (with some situational and playing style exceptions)

Clearly Oscar was a generational rebounder and we can't replace that. But I do think by the end of the season the center position will give us more via a better style fit than Oscar could.

It's just such a better product we are putting on the court this year.

After watching those highlights from last year, I appreciate it now more than ever.

Great idea, I'm all for looking at the positive. One other suggestion that works for me is making the effort to go the games in person. Although it was costly we scheduled our summer vacation around Toronto so we could could see the new team. And we made it to Philadelphia for the last game, which was even more rewarding..

We have updated at literally every position with the potential exception of Oscar, though the guys we have now fit better for what our guards want to do.

DJ > Cason Wallace
Dillingham > Wheeler
Reed > CJ Fredrick
Reeves '23 > Reeves '22
Edwards > Livingston
Mitchell > Toppin

Clearly Oscar was a generational rebounder and we can't replace that. But I do think by the end of the season the center position will give us more via a better style fit than Oscar could.

After watching those highlights from last year, I appreciate it now more than ever.
I don't know about these two chief. Cason is basically DJ with a jumpshot. Though DJ has way more dog in him than Cason imo.

I don't know about these two chief. Cason is basically DJ with a jumpshot. Though DJ has way more dog in him than Cason imo.
Cason wasn't as good defensively or as aggressive going to the basket. Have to go back and look at FG percentage for determining who shot better. Neither is a dead eye.

DJ is MUCH better at getting to the basket. And his shot will come. But we don't even really need for him to be a knock down shooter. Cason was strong and could bully people, but he was not a driver. I'll take DJ all day over Cason.

Reactions: RunninRichie

DJ > Cason Wallace
Dillingham > Wheeler
Reed > CJ Fredrick
Reeves '23 > Reeves '22
Edwards > Livingston
Mitchell > Toppin

Yeah, but we still have the same coach....do you really expect him to improve????

DJ over Wallace is honestly crazy. Wallace is shooting 58% from the field and 52% from 3 right now…in the National Basketball Association. But of course nobody on this forum knew that.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Just took a look at livingstons stats from the bucks this season and oof. Can’t see him lasting long in the league.

Doesn’t play much and averaging 1.7 pts 0.7 rebs 0.3 asts

Yeah Wallace and Oscar is a stretch, although DJ and Bradshaw are good in different ways.

But don’t get silly.

Just took a look at livingstons stats from the bucks this season and oof. Can’t see him lasting long in the league.

Doesn’t play much and averaging 1.7 pts 0.7 rebs 0.3 asts
Dude, he’s a rookie who plays on the 2nd place team in the East. He’s played in 3 games, what were you imagining? That he’d be so good he’d cut into Giannis’s playing time?? Look at what the Bucks are doing with him keeping him around vets and a competitive team instead of sending him down to the G-League. I would think he’ll get some time in the G this year at some point, but early indications are that the Bucks see him as a valuable prospect and have long term plans for him. Look, I still have my doubts about Livingston, but his physical profile is pretty rare, especially for a guy fresh out of college.

If Cason Wallace wasn’t forced to play the primary PG position and have to create and score and be our best on ball defender al the time we would appreciate him a little more

DJ > Cason Wallace
Dillingham > Wheeler
Reed > CJ Fredrick
Reeves '23 > Reeves '22
Edwards > Livingston
Mitchell > Toppin

This is a great post. You’re right.

Reactions: thedahc
Cason wasn't as good defensively or as aggressive going to the basket. Have to go back and look at FG percentage for determining who shot better. Neither is a dead eye.
The strangest thing about Cason’s shot was sometimes he looked like a natural, other times he missed everything. I never quite knew what to make of his shooting. Great player overall though, and I wish we had him back this year.

Reactions: sambowieshin
Definitely rank Cason over DJ at this point in time. It'll probably be close by season's end. I think Edwards has a higher ceiling than Livingston.....but that's no sure thing either. Mitchell still has some things to prove against SEC competition. We'll see. Bradshaw fits this team better than Oscar. Reeves is better than 2022 version because he doesn't have to do as much due to better complementary players....i.e. Reed and Dilly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT