ADVERTISEMENT

Best UL post on Sanctions ever!

UL fans are sitting around playing video games all day with their "business from home" just hoping this thing will go away.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I refuse to go to any UofL board and read their drivel but did anyone else go read the referenced post? I'm just wondering if the bird brains who responded agreed with him or had a little more common sense? I know, I know....

I refuse to go to any UofL board and read their drivel but did anyone else go read the referenced post? I'm just wondering if the bird brains who responded agreed with him or had a little more common sense? I know, I know....
Yes they did agree. In fact, a poster just said due to ugliness of the ho's, there were no impermissible violations due to zero advantages in recruiting. Comical.

Louisville fan here. I thought I'd post my thoughts on this whole thing.

I want to make this very clear - I am not defending what happened. It was repugnant. Whatever penalty the program gets - including losing the banner - I totally understand it. What happened (underage hookers for underage recruits) was just gross and yes that word repugnant.

I am saying that if we're going to fight it, you address the value of the "benefits." The amount per the NCAA was $5800. Divide $5800 across 4 years and that's $121 per month across like 15-20 recruits. The NCAA stated that recruits were turned off by what happened. Recruiting rankings per 247/Scout/Rivals went up after this thing stopped. Louisville leans went elsewhere after their visits. Ergo, no recruiting advantage was obtained by this horrible thing. That's the argument you make when you get in front of the NCAA Appeals Committee - any "benefits" were negligible, there was no recruiting advantage, and you use the NCAA's own words to argue this.

Every player on those 2012 and 2013 teams would have been there regardless of this ugly thing. Those players played those games and won those games. I don't want that taken away from those players and from me as a fan. I understand it if it is, but I don't want it. So, I think the above argument is the argument you make.

Did you really think the NCAA was going to let UL off with just self imposed penalties? If you did you're a dumb ass.

UL used hookers to recruit kids and didn't fire the coach or the AD. Let that sink in for a minute.

I clearly said that whatever penalties come down, I understand it.

I want to make this very clear - I am not defending what happened. It was repugnant. Whatever penalty the program gets - including losing the banner - I totally understand it. What happened (underage hookers for underage recruits) was just gross and yes that word repugnant.

I am saying that if we're going to fight it, you address the value of the "benefits." The amount per the NCAA was $5800. Divide $5800 across 4 years and that's $121 per month across like 15-20 recruits. The NCAA stated that recruits were turned off by what happened. Recruiting rankings per 247/Scout/Rivals went up after this thing stopped. Louisville leans went elsewhere after their visits. Ergo, no recruiting advantage was obtained by this horrible thing. That's the argument you make when you get in front of the NCAA Appeals Committee - any "benefits" were negligible, there was no recruiting advantage, and you use the NCAA's own words to argue this.

Every player on those 2012 and 2013 teams would have been there regardless of this ugly thing. Those players played those games and won those games. I don't want that taken away from those players and from me as a fan. I understand it if it is, but I don't want it. So, I think the above argument is the argument you make.
Address the intent. Not results. Using underage kids to recruit underage kids is vile. It's sickening and beyond repugnance. Trying to use dollar figures as a scapegoat for criminal activity on a campus for the INTENT to recruit is the main issue.

But you also support them trying to get out of whatever penalties come down?

Seems pretty simple to me. You use ineligible players the games get vacated. UL fans were up in arms over the self imposed post season ban because it punished innocent players, so the NCAA punished the guilty ones and you're mad about that too.

What do you think is a just and fair punishment?

HAHAHA, ricky didn't know, turtleneck didn't know, they all knew they were CHEATING 4 years of it. Tell zippy & stealers bye bye banner

Everyplayer on those 2012 and 2013 teams would have been there regardless of this ugly thing. Those players played those games and won those games. I don't want that taken awayfrom those players and from me as a fan. I understand it if it is, but I don't want it. So, I think the above argument is the argument youmake.

So what is an appropriate punishment?

I do give credit for them coming to this board and posting. Takes guts. Though as a former college athlete, this has got to be about protecting the kids and trying hard to make the college game pure and not corrupt.

Reactions: Morgantown Card
Everyplayer on those 2012 and 2013 teams would have been there regardless of this ugly thing. Those players played those games and won those games. I don't want that taken awayfrom those players and from me as a fan. I understand it if it is, but I don't want it. So, I think the above argument is the argument youmake.

So what is an appropriate punishment?
Jail.

Reactions: bigbluegrog
Every player on those 2012 and 2013 teams would have been there regardless of this ugly thing. Those players played those games and won those games.

And every one of those players at a minimum knew this stuff was going on and that it was illegal and cheating. Since they couldn't even bring themselves to slide an anonymous note under the poor unsuspecting head coach's office door, they share the guilt of the violations and absolutely deserve to have their college careers wiped off the books.

If I understand the appeal process correctly, the penalties can only be over turned if the COI "did something wrong/did not follow their standard procedures, etc." The COI report clearly stated that the "value" of the benefits have no bearing on the case, and cited several NCAA bylaw references that clearly, (repeat for emphasis) clearly gives a COI the leverage to impose Level 1 penalties for Level 3 infractions if those infractions are of a "repugnant" (or insert any other similar adjective) nature. So the appeals committee is not going to rehash the value of the benefits, there is no value to discuss. The COI deemed the value as irrelevant, it is a moot point, let it go for heaven's sake. They are only going to determine if the COI acted accordingly in determining that the violations were indeed of a repugnant nature and therefore deserving of Level 1 punishment.

The only way UL had any chance to keep those banners was to have immediately canned Rick and any assistants that were there when the stuff happened. Because they ALL knew it was going on. Only the simplest of simpletons and buffooniest of buffoons could think otherwise.

Can anyone prove that this didn't help? What if Montrezl thought this was cool on his recruiting visit and it helped him decide to go to UofL? Are you saying that when this went on during recruiting visits that none of those recruits involved decided to go to UofL? Doesn't matter either way. The whole "it didn't help anything" argument is funny. Did Marcus Camby taking $ help UMASS win games? No. Doesn't matter.

Honestly, between Chane Behanan's ring and Kevin Ware's booster thing, you are lucky those guys didn't get popped for being ineligible. NCAA ignored both situations that were clearly violations. Also, the notion that the ONLY cheating going on by UofL basketball was the hooker thing is laughable. Think about the reason you got caught. Hell, take a look at academic situations of most athletes and you can find plenty of smoke there. Anyway, given what I've already mentioned and the culture around that school, again, you're lucky you only got caught on this one.

What i cannot imagine is a recruit and a parent or guardian of a recruit coming to the campuse for a visit and both of them leave after having sex with whores. What kind of person allows their son to do this and makes it worse by doing it himself..That is the kind of bad character people we dont want in our program..Glad Cal stays away from some of these morons..

And UL is just a shit hole and there is no other way around it.

If McGee testifies, I would bet my next paycheck he commits perjury. It's the Louisville way to just lie and cheat- keep kicking the can down the road.
Every damn one of them would plead the 5th. None of them would testify knowing the penalty for perjury. And they could also call "other" witnesses that "could" possibly testify which if they admitted that Pitino DID know about this could make him/them criminally liable.

UofL, you ran a dirty program, you cheated and you got caught. Take your punishment and clean up your act. You are a disgrace to college basketball and deserve the punishment that the NCAA gave you. Just be glad they didn't shut you down for 5 years.

And you could substitute UNC for UofL and be absolutely correct as well...only...take down 2 banners and forfeit 20 years of wins...

Zippy reaching deep now, finally playing the race card.......

zipp said:
It's easy to sit in the vacuum of a message board with your old-white-guy glasses on and moralize.

Reactions: Bluest Member
Zippy reaching deep now, finally playing the race card.......

zipp said:
It's easy to sit in the vacuum of a message board with your old-white-guy glasses on and moralize.

[roll]

It's whiteys fault ! It's whiteys fault that a black coach (remember the white coach Pitino "didn't know " lol) provided black prostitutes for recruits...

Reactions: Bluest Member
Had a true redbird ul fan tell me a couple of days ago. " I do understand our banners are coming down, but they better do more to unc or all hell will break loose". Can you imagine, a redbird fan with a brain....whoda thunk it ?

Had a true redbird ul fan tell me a couple of days ago. " I do understand our banners are coming down, but they better do more to unc or all hell will break loose". Can you imagine, a redbird fan with a brain....whoda thunk it ?

Why does that statement make you think he has a brain? what hell? who's gonna break it loose?

Sounds to me like he's sniffing some of walter white's blue meth.

The only way UL had any chance to keep those banners was to have immediately canned Rick and any assistants that were there when the stuff happened. Because they ALL knew it was going on. Only the simplest of simpletons and buffooniest of buffoons could think otherwise.

I
Told a Uofl fan this the other day: if they canned the Crypt Keeper, they may have kept their banners, but it was the ridiculous excuses, blaming others, etc that I think pissed off the NCAA more than anything

Crazy Uofl fans can't see this

On 680 today Jason Anderson was arguing that UL should get credit from NCAA for fully cooperating with the entire investigation. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't UL deny everything and thumb their nose at the NCAA until they were caught dead to rights? And even then didn't they basically do the minimum they thought they could get away with, punishment wise, while continuing to stick up for Pitino and the banners?

I can't help but think that this is the beginning of karma finally catching up with them for all the things Jurich and Pitino have done.

No you're actually not being clear at all. You're talking out of both sides if your mouth.

Supporting an appeal IS defending what UL did.

Okay I will be as direct as I can.

I'm a fan. I watched those games. Those players played in those games. They happened. As a FAN who had nothing to do with any of this ugliness - of course I don't want the banner to come down. I don't want that for those players and I don't want it for me. I think this is pretty reasonable for any fan to feel that way. And I will say it again - because of what happened, I totally understand it and get it if the NCAA vacates the wins.

If this answer doesn't make sense then we'll just shake hands and move on.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood

I'm a fan. I watched those games. Those players played in those games. They happened. As a FAN who had nothing to do with any of this ugliness - of course I don't want the banner to come down. I don't want that for those players and I don't want it for me. I think this is pretty reasonable for any fan to feel that way. And I will say it again - because of what happened, I totally understand it and get it if the NCAA vacates the wins.

I like your last post against Zipp. You seem direct and honest on your feelings toward this topic. Kudos to you.

Well said. You seem like a pretty rational UL fan. Much smarter than the other UL fans it seems.
So you agree that the punishment fits " the crime?" So to speak.

Basically do you agree that UL desrves their punishment for providing underage / prostitues for underage recruits / team players ?

Regardless if you "want" the title vacated (already has been ) or not, you do agree that it's warranted ?

I can say with 100% certainty that if this garbage happened at UK , idgaf I would want Cal and anyone associated with it GONE.

This is Pitinos second sex scandal. Of course
I'm biased a bit bc I'm a UK fan but this destroys your alls "image" even more than it was. The media , other teams fans , common person etc look at UL as a dirty joke of a program so to speak.

My question , do you not want Pitino and company gone ? Honest question

Reactions: katntonic

Don't you think it's gonna be hard to argue it didn't help recruiting when you went to the final four in 2012 and won the national championship in 2013?

judge%20judy_zpszflthlkd.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT