ADVERTISEMENT

Best UL post on Sanctions ever!

Nov 26, 2014
Mike'sMarbles6000+
NewThe NCAA has already received the publicity of slapping UofL down. Going to court, they have very little more to gain and a lot to lose. Louisville is in the opposite situation.

I think our guys will sit down with the NCAA behind closed doors and say, "look this is going to court if you don't let up a little. You could end up losing all of your authority. Who knows what some judge may rule?"

And that's a real risk to the NCAA. What may look like an open and shut case to the NCAA could look quite different in a court room. You just never know what will happen when it goes to that level.

Nothing would surprise me at this point with all the twists and turns of this case, but I definitely won't be surprised if the NCAA comes back on, say, NFL opening weekend, and lets everyone know some of the penalties have been reduced. No one outside the UofL and UK fanbases will notice or care..

There will be a select couple of posters round here who will want to weep once the appeal is shut down and the banners officially come down. There will be many tears from UL fans. Prolly at least 43 tears.

I mean I guess I could be completely wrong and the NCAA punks out and reverses its decision , but ... even tho it's the NCAA and they can be god awful and hypocritical, I just can't see them letting this slide with just a couple low level "punishments " if they don't vacate / bring down the banners it will 10000% set a precedent. Other schools will follow suite and start potentially providing hookers , cash, Xbox /ps4's, iPhones , tv's, ... whatever it may be to potential recruits and players . If the NCAA try's to come down on them they'll laugh, point to UL and dare the NCAA to try and inflict any type of major punishment.

Crazier things have happened , and I'll eat my crow by saying "I was wrong " but I just can't see this ending good for the birdies .

Keep Wishing Upon That Star Little Brother,but it's going to make my day to see your face if it does go to court where Andre McGee will have to testify under oath about who knew what

If McGee testifies, I would bet my next paycheck he commits perjury. It's the Louisville way to just lie and cheat- keep kicking the can down the road.

Mike'sMarbles6000+
NewThe NCAA has already received the publicity of slapping UofL down. Going to court, they have very little more to gain and a lot to lose. Louisville is in the opposite situation.

I think our guys will sit down with the NCAA behind closed doors and say, "look this is going to court if you don't let up a little. You could end up losing all of your authority. Who knows what some judge may rule?"

And that's a real risk to the NCAA. What may look like an open and shut case to the NCAA could look quite different in a court room. You just never know what will happen when it goes to that level.

Nothing would surprise me at this point with all the twists and turns of this case, but I definitely won't be surprised if the NCAA comes back on, say, NFL opening weekend, and lets everyone know some of the penalties have been reduced. No one outside the UofL and UK fanbases will notice or care..
That guy needs to put down the pipe. Not going to happen. That 2013 title will be vacated and tard nation will come unglued.

Mike'sMarbles6000+

The federal courts have no jurisdiction over the ncaa. Won't happen. you are one of the many uk fans who post this kind of stuff all the time.. You hope they get punished but if they don't then you can say I told you so. Very sad.

Mike'sMarbles6000+

I think you are wrong and I hope you are wrong.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Would love to see RP, Jurich, et al under oath and sweating it out!
Do UofL fans not realize that the NCAA would essentially represent its entire body of schools in such a case? Oh and they would definitely be motivated by a member school hauling them into court over hiring hookers for underage recruits.
Yes, this is a GREAT plan UofL. Please, go forward with it!

Mike'sMarbles - a fraud. That guy used to post here under the pretext of liking both UK and Louisville. That is, until Cal came around and sullied the game by sending freshmen to the NBA. Old Mike was/is morally outraged by that. But a member of the uofl coaching staff paying for hookers to service 16 and 17 year old recruits? Well, that's different apparently. Nothing too morally offensive there. Now it's all cold eyed assessment, how can we keep those banners!?!?

Can't wait to see if the birdbrain faithful will still worship turtleneck and onehump rick after the process is over and the banner is officially down.
Or will their attitude change when it finally sinks in that tommy and rick are the reasons they are left with 4 vacated seasons and no championship since 1986.

Other than the Lewisville fans and it seems some employees, Lewisville does not intimidate anyone. Outside of the Lewisville fan base and some employees no one is "Skeered and afraid". Sorry to burst Lewisville bubbles but Lewisville is NOT unc, they just are not. Wake up Lewisville....

Yeah, right...-N. Russell

Anyone that believes the NCAA is afraid of UofL taking them to court should up their drug dosages. Under what grounds would there be a case for? "Cheap hookers?"

UofL fans, it's getting pretty pathetic. Your title is going down, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. Go get your lawyers, go get your butt-hurt creams, do whatever you think is necessary.

Last edited:
Anyone that believes the NCAA is afraid of UofL taking them to court should up their drug dosages. Under what grounds would their be a case for? "Cheap hookers?"

UofL fans, it's getting pretty pathetic. Your title is going down, and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. Go get your lawyers, go get your butt-hurt creams, do whatever you think is necessary.
So true. Any thought that the NCAA would be afraid of UL taking them to court is a joke. The first question from the judge would be: "So UL you admit a representative of your university paid for and brought in strippers and prostitutes to entertain and service high school age young men on your campus. And you are a member of an institution, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, that has ruled they prohibit such action from their member institutions. So tell me again what is your cause of action against the NCAA? How about this University of Louisville Cardinals, if you don't like their rules and regulations, why not get out of the organization." No one is forcing you to be a member." Case dismissed.

Even a die hard UL fan like Mitch McConnell would have to slap them down if he were still a judge. There is nothing here folks. Anybody can sue anybody but that does not mean it will get to first base.

So true. Any thought that the NCAA would be afraid of UL taking them to court is a joke. The first question from the judge would be: "So UL you admit a representative of your university paid for and brought in strippers and prostitutes to entertain and service high school age young men on your campus. And you are a member of an institution, the National Collegiate Athletic Association, that has ruled they prohibit such action from their member institutions. So tell me again what is your cause of action against the NCAA? How about this University of Louisville Cardinals, if you don't like their rules and regulations, why not get out of the organization." No one is forcing you to be a member." Case dismissed.

Even a die hard UL fan like Mitch McConnell would have to slap them down if he were still a judge. There is nothing here folks. Anybody can sue anybody but that does not mean it will get to first base.

Yeah, but it seems a lot of Lewisville's members/ associates are used to....uh, ah,....going all the way.:rolleyes:

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
UofL tried suing the NCAA in civil court once before in the Muhammad Lasege case. I thought UofL even had a decent argument and the moral high ground in that case. They still lost. In fact that little stunt likely gives the NCAA the motivation and legal precedent to be as heavy handed as they want with their penalties.

Reactions: Cindog28
That post by the UL fan is one of the most naive thoughts I've ever seen. He, apparently, thinks UL can strong arm the NCAA based on what? There were major moral violations as well as legal violations by what happened at that university and this guy thinks they can threaten their way out of penalties and feels the courts will back UL up??? Laughable.

The more they squawk and chirp, the more delicious it all is. By all means, please keep dragging this out so we can continue to be entertained. Awareness of your sleazy, cesspool of a program will become even more public, which will make the banner removals that much sweeter.

If they'd have just shut up about it and quietly taken their medicine, I would have still enjoyed it immensely, but it wouldn't have come with all these delightful theatrics and silly public tantrums.

This? This is much better. Please uavel, keep doing you.

No way will Louisville be dumb enough to file suit and subject Pitino, all his assistants , Jurich, etc to depositions. Not gonna happen .

What makes people think they will tell the truth under oath. They have lied up to this point and will under oath...

Reactions: Bluest Member
Mike'sMarbles6000+

Pretty bad if this is the best ever.

I agree with Marble's and all Cards fans on this one. The banner stays...

So go ahead Card Nation...re-celebrate that 2013 title and hold a vigil for the banner you earned. The banner stays!

*snickers*

ADVERTISEMENT