ADVERTISEMENT

Best Restaurants/Attractions in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg?

BIG BLUE GURU

Sophomore
Feb 10, 2007
Have a vacation coming up soon and interested in other peoples best Restaurants, Attractions & Shows. Thanks

Have a vacation coming up soon and interested in other peoples best Restaurants, Attractions & Shows. Thanks
I would suggest selecting a trail to hike. There are several great ones to choose from. While it may be cool or cold at the time you are there, you wont have to be concerned about snakes or bees. You may see a bear but they , for the most part, are harmless. Winter is a great time to hike in the mountains.

We took a couple days to drive through the Smokey's last year and stayed there. We were there during the fall to see the leaves. They had some very nice scenery but they also had a huge fire the year before in the mountains that burned out a lot of the trees and took away a lot of the scenery.

They have an all you can eat crab leg joint and it is a joint. Hard to get any attention after you were seated and the food was real bland and not many choices other than crab legs as it was supposed to be a buffet...I am not much on bashing eating establishments as any can have a bad day but this joint wanted your dough and nothing else.

I did get some good pictures with John. (If you go there you will see what i mean...)

Apple Barn...breakfast
Local Goat
Margaritaville(cheeseburger) at The Islands
Peddler(expensive)
Chop House

I would suggest selecting a trail to hike. There are several great ones to choose from. While it may be cool or cold at the time you are there, you wont have to be concerned about snakes or bees. You may see a bear but they , for the most part, are harmless. Winter is a great time to hike in the mountains.
Buy a noise maker and the bears will go away.

Five Oaks Farm Kitchen is an awesome newer restaurant that serves huge portions.

We have eaten at The Apple Barn, Paula Deans, Bennets BBQ, Alamo Steakhouse, Bubba Gump Shrimp Company, Joe's Crab Shack, Mellow Mushroom etc. May try the Cherokee Grill as it is the second time someone has talked about how good it is. Alamo Steakhouse use to be really good but the last couple of times we went it was that good at all.

Pottery House Cafe, Bubba Gump, Park Grill, Poyner's Pomme Frites, No Way Jose's, and the Alamo Steakhouse are all great choices.

Bennett's Pit for BBQ.
Dixie Stampede is a good show and you get a very good meal
Fuddruckers is good
Bubba Gumps is good and a really fun place

Pottery House Cafe, Bubba Gump, Park Grill, Poyner's Pomme Frites, No Way Jose's, and the Alamo Steakhouse are all great choices.

Park Grill is owned by the same folks as The Peddler, but they are open for lunch. No salad bar though until dinner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT