ADVERTISEMENT

Best QB in NFL?

Mahomes is great. I'm 100% a Bengals homer and a long suffering fan though the culture has changed and those days (knock on wood) seem to be long gone.

Burrow is special. His pocket presence and vision is off the charts. He is also cool as a cucumber and unbelievably accurate. That 3rd down throw last night to seal it was absurd.

Someone said it during broadcast last night but Burrow and Mahomes are the new Brady and Manning. The Bengals have a window right now with Chase and Higgins. Higgins is a WR1 too and proved as much when Chase was out for weeks. They probably won't be able to keep both forever.

Patrick and Joe are the best two. Rodgers and Brady are finally starting to tilt towards the end.
Josh Allen's all right. Kirk Cousins is pretty good thrower.

I don't respect none of the running quarterbacks. Not real quarterbacks in my opinion so that eliminates about 10 quarterbacks right there including sorry ass Lamar Loserville.

To be fair they kind of handcuffed Mahomes by trading away Hill. Would be like if Burrow lost Chase I would imagine. I’m surprised Mahomes has been that good this year shows his greatness. I think Burrows is right there too though he’s a gamer.

Totally screwed the pooch with that trade, but I don't know the full story. I WAS surprised they did nothing noticeable before the trade deadline to add to their WR rotation.

Mahomes, Burrow, then…

Hurts. Love the kid, never hung his head when benched for Tua, works harder than anyone and has developed himself as a top 10 passer and has incredible running skills. When you try to stop him one way, he beats you another. MVP is always Mahomes if you’re being honest (like Brady was for 10 years straight in actuality), but Hurts should get it this year.

And not just because I have him in two leagues, cruising in first place.

Reactions: Cole World
To be fair they kind of handcuffed Mahomes by trading away Hill. Would be like if Burrow lost Chase I would imagine. I’m surprised Mahomes has been that good this year shows his greatness. I think Burrows is right there too though he’s a gamer.
Burrow is not at Mahomes leve, as he is not as athletic, I believe he has better pocket presence and reads defenses better but Mahomes is just so much more athletic with his feet and ability to throw from any angle. Your point about taking Chase out is not accurate as he has been very good without him the last four games imo.

Burrow is not at Mahomes leve, as he is not as athletic, I believe he has better pocket presence and reads defenses better but Mahomes is just so much more athletic with his feet and ability to throw from any angle. Your point about taking Chase out is not accurate as he has been very good without him the last four games imo.
Burrow would look better in Andy Reids offense than Zac Taylor's.

Reactions: deep3
After thinking about this some, I still have to say it's Brady (and I hate saying it).

I think if Brady had what Mahomes has, he'd have at least 1 more win than what they have now.

Brady, then Burrow, Mahomes, Allen, .....?

Last edited:
Tough call on the best, JB or PM, I'd draft either to try and win a Super Bowl. There is some good quarterback play going on right now, Hurts looks really good, DAK surprisingly looks really good, Herburt win his receivers are all healthy, two games all year where that was the case, is awesome, Josh Allen is awesome, his TE is going through some family stuff or JA would be even better. Been a fun year to watch the quarterbacks.

That first touchdown that Hurts threw to Brown yesterday was money. Beautiful throw.

Reactions: Girthang

Burrow's athleticism is underrated. His footwork is ridiculous and that is part of being an elite athlete. Look no further than the last 3 games vs KC. How many times did he buy time and make a play?

Reactions: Pulaski Cat Fan
Burrow's athleticism is underrated. His footwork is ridiculous and that is part of being an elite athlete. Look no further than the last 3 games vs KC. How many times did he buy time and make a play?
I will absolutely agree with that but i do not think he is at Mahomes level but Mahomes imo does not have his pocket presence and reading defenses.
Mahomes is a true gunslinger but if someone said you have to pick one, I take Burrow and I am a Titan fan bluntly

Burrow would look better in Andy Reids offense than Zac Taylor's.

Well Reid is a genius. I will give Taylor credit though...he obviously knows how to make a cohesive unit and build a locker room. The Bengals have had plenty of talented teams in the past but multiple head coaches couldn't get it done.

Doesn't hurt having some skill players who may be in Canton one day.

Well Reid is a genius. I will give Taylor credit though...he obviously knows how to make a cohesive unit and build a locker room. The Bengals have had plenty of talented teams in the past but multiple head coaches couldn't get it done.

Doesn't hurt having some skill players who may be in Canton one day.
I was one of THOSE GUYS talking about how stupid it was to draft Chase. I WAS WRONG, crow wasn't bad with a little salt and pepper. That dude is a freak, if he avoids the major injuries, wow!

Mahomes is probably more talented, but I feel like Burrow is better at taking what the defense gives him. Burrow is fine throwing it 20 times and handing it off all game if the run is there. Mahomes/Andy Reid don’t seem willing to do that. I think that cost them the game yesterday against the Bengals. Being a Bengals fan, I’ve seen them win with a variety of performances and game plans from Burrow.

• Love
Reactions: Girthang and deep3
It's definitely close. I'm a Mahomes fan but Burrow and Allen are right there. Burrow kicked his butt today.
I agree with the three. I am a Bengals fan, but Allen seems to be legit. Not saying Mahomes and Burrows are not mind you but with the talent I would add Allen's toughness giving him a slight edge imo over the other two.

• Love
Mahomes has more passing yards and TDs this year than any QB in the league. Also already has a super bowl ring so I think the argument is over

Wonder if people would be saying Burrow is better if the Bengals would have held on vs. the Rams last year. Until Burrow wins a Super Bowl most fans will say Mahomes. But I think they are neck-and-neck.

Falcons fan

The answer here is still unfortunately Tom brady. He hasn't lost anything and can make every throw. The bucs simply aren't that good this year but, brady gives them.a chance and will be in playoffs

The future of the league is mahomes and burrow and Allen

Yes mahomes has the accolades so far but this is truly burrows second year and ..as a non fan of either I thought the Bengals got absolutely hosed at the end of the super bowl. The refs completely changed the way they called the first 58 minutes and gave the Rams like 8 or 9 goal to go opportunities when they should have been held on thr first third down.

But even all that and if that atrocious offensive line buys him one more second(or the rams dont jump offsides and not be called) , jamarr chase is wide open for a 50 yard super bowl winning touchdown because he made jalen ramsay face plant ..

He was the #1 pick..and the Bengals were the Bungals... it's truly remarkable how good this soon that team is ...especially when I think thr coach makes some funny decisions ..to say the least

Mahomes has had Tyreek Hill and Travis Kelce. He has had plenty of talent around him, and a superior offensive line. Andy Reid is a better offensive coach than Zac Taylor also.
No current stats besides head to head indicates Burrow is better. Mahomes has the most wins by a QB in their first 75 career games, youngest super bowl MVP and second youngest NFL MVP ever , most passing yards through 75 games, most passing TDs through 75 games, highest passer rating through 75 games, and has made at least the AFC title game in every season he has been the starter. I patiently wait to hear how Burrow is better

Patrick Mahomes. It's not close. He may end up the best ever.
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: TeoJ and Girthang
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT