ADVERTISEMENT

2024 NFL Combine Thread

Andre Phillips with the highest grade. Wallace with the lowest. All UK players get their own write up describing strengths and weaknesses:

Last edited:
Reactions: JasonRDunn
Wallace, Davis, and Phillips look like Round 3 to 5. Phillips might even get taken in the 2nd. Robinson, Leary, and Flax are late round or priority free agents.

I was looking at 2025 projections and inexplicably Deone was getting very little love. Laughable. He's probably upper half of Round 1 next year.

Wallace, Davis, and Phillips look like Round 3 to 5. Phillips might even get taken in the 2nd. Robinson, Leary, and Flax are late round or priority free agents.

I was looking at 2025 projections and inexplicably Deone was getting very little love. Laughable. He's probably upper half of Round 1 next year.

Will come down to his combine/proday. The FSU DT made some money yesterday.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Good for Phillips but it's pretty surprising to me considering how much he was picked on this year. Seemed like teams were constantly picking on him because he couldn't cover receivers, especially in man coverage.

Davis will be a steal for whoever drafts him. Dude is an absolute stud RB. It was a real shame that we didn't utilize him more and couldn't run block better for him.

Good for Phillips but it's pretty surprising to me considering how much he was picked on this year. Seemed like teams were constantly picking on him because he couldn't cover receivers, especially in man coverage.

Davis will be a steal for whoever drafts him. Dude is an absolute stud RB. It was a real shame that we didn't utilize him more and couldn't run block better for him.

He was playing a bit out of position due to necessity but it mostly tells you how good max is and how good sec wrs are. The only team I really remember picking on Dru was sc and their wr was way better than any of us gave him credit for.

Jmo but dru being exceptionally strong in the run game is a difference maker. He will have alot of value at nb.

He was playing a bit out of position due to necessity but it mostly tells you how good max is and how good sec wrs are. The only team I really remember picking on Dru was sc and their wr was way better than any of us gave him credit for.

Jmo but dru being exceptionally strong in the run game is a difference maker. He will have alot of value at nb.
Yea, the SC game stands out and he was singled out time and again it seemed. Wasn't Phillips the one who was getting burned against Mizzou too?

The write ups the scouts give are always an eye opener. Of the 6, it seems like Wallace, Phillips and Davis have a fair chance. The others look to be on the long shot list.

Once again though, I am often shocked at who makes it and who doesn't. Gotta have the right team, scheme, coaching, and yeah...attitude.

Best of luck to these guys and all other former Cats looking for one more year.

Yea, the SC game stands out and he was singled out time and again it seemed. Wasn't Phillips the one who was getting burned against Mizzou too?

Iirc he was covering the fake punt when the receiver got away with an obvious push off. He played mostly zone during the season. For whatever reason they let him man up SC wr. Maybe he asked? Not sure but it didn't go well.

Phillips was picked on but some of that was teams avoiding Hairston. Both will be pros.

Davis's ability to catch out of the backfield will make him some money.

The DB class is very deep this yr.......may hurt Phillips. Then again if he's picked fairly high, that indicates what programs think of him.

Is he able to come back if he doesn’t like where he’s projected? I can’t keep track of the eligibility rules any more.

It's not laughable. There are hundreds if not thousands of players that have declared for the draft....it is then that analysts really look at game tape/films. So, the vast majority of analysts haven't did a deep dive on Deone because he's not going pro yet. Just the nature of the beast.

On a side note, you also have to consider what each player does. For example, a run stuffing beast of a NT will rarely go high in the draft. This is not an indication of them as a player, but more of an indication of how the NFL values guys like that. In the case of Deone, he did prove pass rush ability last yr with almost 8 sacks. If he can get the sack total up again next yr.....(and keep his weight down).....he'll go really high in the draft. If he doesn't repeat his pass rush ability, he may drop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT