ADVERTISEMENT

Best Basketball player you played against

tank2009

Sophomore
Feb 12, 2009
Curious as to who is bast player some of you in BBN have played against in your life? Doesnt have to be an nba, college, or anything special. Just who YOU played against that was the best in your opinion you played against.

that is hard, because I use to play pickup ball with a lot of former UC & Xavier players that went to the NBA...Brian Grant or Nick Van Exel would probably be the best of the best

1A: OJ Mayo
1B: Micheal Beasly
Surprisingly Stephen Curry wasnt that good when I played him his senior year of highschool.
This post was edited on 3/10 11:57 AM by thecatsareback#8

Cats are back, I played against Steph curry as well, when he was at Charlotte Christian, he was not near the guy he is now

I played against Ty Lawson and Kevin Durant, when we played at Oak Hill academy, that was pretty incredible...

Doneal Mack was a team-mate of mine in High School, he went on to play for Coach Cal at Memphis, and play in the national championship.

Tony Dumas. Couldn't imagine anyone being better than him when I played against him.

Growing up, my family lived on the same street as the Mills' family. There were many pickup games and HORSE games at the neighborhood park with Cameron and Collier from middle school through high school. I stunk at basketball but it always fun,

I lived outside Detroit right after college. Played pickup ball at what was called Oakland Community College (I think it's Oakland University now). Lots of Pistons used to show up there. Rick Mahorn, Dennis Rodman, Laimbeer a few times, Vinnie Johnson, Joe Dumars, etc. But Isiah Thomas was never there when I was.

The big guys basically always stayed outside and took jump shots. They didn't want to get inside and battle anyone so they could avoid injuries. Occasionally they played against each other and then they would go at it a little more.

FYI...Dennis Rodman when he was there was very personable and liked to talk trash, but he was nothing like what he became later on.

Originally posted by BLEEDBLUE444:
Cats are back, I played against Steph curry as well, when he was at Charlotte Christian, he was not near the guy he is now
That is where I played him. I was on greensboro day school. Small world

I think I have you all beat. I played a pickup game against Oscar Robertson at the Fenwick Club in Cincinnati his rookie year with the Royals.

Originally posted by BLEEDBLUE444:
I played against Ty Lawson and Kevin Durant, when we played at Oak Hill academy, that was pretty incredible...

Doneal Mack was a team-mate of mine in High School, he went on to play for Coach Cal at Memphis, and play in the national championship.
Doneal was the real deal in Highschool

Pick-Up game at Memorial Coliseum against Billy Donovan, and Bernadette Locke-Mattox was nice enough to give up her spot so I could play.... btw he broke my ankles on a breakaway layup...

In the summer of 1975 Ron King played ball at a little court across from the Frito Lay plant in Louisville. I lived in an apartment right beside this court. While I wasn't a very good athlete, I do like to play. He blocked most of my shots and would just jump right over me for rebounds. I guess he had to be the best I ever played against/with as he was the only player of note that I was ever in a game with.

Bill Sharman

He married my best friend's sister. Not too many years ago, I asked him for a one on one pickup game. Despite a HUGE difference in ages, he took me to the cleaners.

I'm from Flint, MI and graduated in mid 90s. Played In summer leagues my whole life:

1. Jason Richardson
2. Mateen Cleaves
3. Morris Peterson
4. Charlie Bell

Also got to play a pick-up game with Barry Sanders at a park in Rochester, MI.

Michael Redd and Esteban Weaver in the Worthington Summer League in Columbus OH. I know I can speak for my son who played against LeBron last summer up at the Univ of Akron and Andrew Wiggins in high school.

Dale Ellis and a guy who truly morphed his game once he left college. Played against him in college and he stood over everyone like Chris Webber used to.

He was a straight low post player through college and even guarded Sampson and Bowie.

One of the greatest 3 point shooters in NBA history...incredible to see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT