ADVERTISEMENT

Bengals-Bills?

That’s scary man, they should postpone this game, I know it’s the nfl and making up a game would be really hard, but this is a moment where postponing the game would make perfect sense
They should just call it a draw and leave it at that. I don't think Buffalo will want to go forward and nor would I.

Reactions: bbncal02
This isn’t like the player for Denmark or hank gather there was a blow to his chest. I pray for him he does not die and his family. This is a terrible situation for all of sports and especially this young man and his family. Just pray folks

I just want to be clear about the comparisons. Eriksen and gathers had a congenital defect Hamlin seems to be from a direct hit while doing his job.

Last edited:
This isn’t like the player for Denmark or hank gather there was a blow to his chest. I pray for him he does not die and his family. This is a terrible situation for all of sports and especially this young man and his family. Just pray folks
Denmark player went into cardiac arrest like Hamlin probably did, and had to be given CPR, Hamlin took a direct shot so his might be worse, but the situations are similar in the CPR and potential cardiac arrest part,

Roger goddell is a frickin dunbass it shouldn’t take this damn long to postpone the damn game man, wake up

I suspect everyone that matters know this isn’t going to be finished.

When things like this happen, the officials don’t care about broadcasters, people in the stands, or people watching on TV.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Denmark player went into cardiac arrest like Hamlin probably did, and had to be given CPR, Hamlin took a direct shot so his might be worse, but the situations are similar in the CPR and potential cardiac arrest part,
I think the direct shot issue is the difference here. You gotta think it’s connected to the hit rather than a congenital issue. You never want to see an athlete injured or god forbid die. Something like this while doing their job is terrible. I hope they are able to save him

I think the direct shot issue is the difference here. You gotta think it’s connected to the hit rather than a congenital issue. You never want to see an athlete injured or god forbid die. Something like this while doing their job is terrible. I hope they are able to save him
Yeah the direct contact probably made it worse, Ericksons situation was really scary he was just running and then collapsed, but anytime CPR has to be given the game should automatically be cancelled or postponed goddell is a dumbass for making those teams warmup again

Yes, that was devastating for sure. I guess I was more or less thinking of times seeing an ambulance/helicopter taking someone off a field or track.
Only ones I remember seeing were both in racing. Ayrton Senna in ‘94 and Dale Earnhardt in ‘01.

But those were 20+ years ago and you knew that auto racing could have very serious injuries. I can’t ever recall anything even close to this in other sports.

Really hope he ends up being okay.

All I can say is God Bless him and the family right now. The family happened to be at the game and were in the ambulance with him as they left.

When I was working, one of our contractor's daughter fell off a horse and her heart burst. She hit the ground at the exact instant all the heart valves were closed. Something like that may have happened here.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Only ones I remember seeing were both in racing. Ayrton Senna in ‘94 and Dale Earnhardt in ‘01.

But those were 20+ years ago and you knew that auto racing could have very serious injuries. I can’t ever recall anything even close to this in other sports.

Unfortunately sudden cardiac events occur on an infrequent but regular basis. Every year athletes die due to cardiac events in high school, college, and professional. The year I left Vandy, one of the players collapsed and almost died…..CPR/AED saved him. It’s actually more common in basketball than football. Some estimates are as much as 1 in 9,000 for basketball…..1 in 35,000 for football…….up to 1 in 100,000 overall. i pray for the young man.

In all of my 50+ years of watching all sports, this is the scariest and saddest moment I can ever remember. Praying in Jesus Name for that kid, his family the Bills team and organization and everyone involved.

Words can't describe this moment.
Dale Earnhardt Sr crashing was pretty scary. But that was going into the wall at 190 mph. This hit/tackle didn’t look bad at all.

On Reds Opening Day 1996, the plate ump John McSherry collapsed & died on the field. Of course Marge Schott said let's scrape up his body & continue.

Scary. Reminds me of when Keyontae Johnson collapsed. Looks like Commotio cordis. He took a hard hit to the chest just right and caused a heart attack more than likely.

Prayers for home and his family. Scary as hell.

Terrible situation for the young man and his family. Praying that he is alright. I have some thoughts about what happened, but I’ll not post them. No need for speculation.

Could conceivably be commotio cordis. You can take a blow to the chest (solar plexus?) that triggers cardiac arrest. Same reason they are talking low profile chest protection for pitchers in youth baseball and fast pitch softball. A special protection element is now required in lacrosse shoulder pads to guard against high speed shots. A lacrosse ball is heavy dense rubber traveling up to 110 mph in NCAA play, 70-90 in HS play.

Last edited:
Don’t think this is injury related at all. Seems to be a Cardiac event. Prayers for this young man, he needs them.
I seen a tweet from a cardiologist. He said it was trauma from a hard hit to the chest. There is a medical term for it.

I'm hoping the safety crews made it in time for Hamlin that can save his life much like the crews were for Ryan Newman at Daytona in 2020.

Could conceivably be commotio cordis. You can take a blow to the chest (solar plexus?) that triggers cardiac arrest. Same reason they are talking low profile chest protection for pitches in youth baseball and fast pitch softball. A special protection element is now required in lacrosse shoulder pads to guard against high speed shots. A lacrosse ball is heavy dense rubber traveling up to 110 mph in NCAA play, 70-90 in HS play.
What’s wild is football players wear chest pads. Sometimes man you just get hit just right.

I hope he’s ok. But 9 minutes of CPR? And now some reports have come out (and on the radio from Westwood one) is he’s intubated in critical condition.

Sad. Scary and sad.

One season one of my HS soccer players started seizing in the locker room pregame and it didn’t subside. The friggin district ad and the trainer sat and watched while i administered first aid to prevent the young man from killing himself on the concrete floor. The emt arrived and the kid was combative and they were basically what looked to me to be trying to knock him out. My assistant coach jumped in the ambulance to confront the paramedics. The district AD came to me and said “we need to get the game in today”. I told him to go F himself gathered my team and we prayed right there on the field in front of my AD who 2 weeks prior warned us about praying with the kids. I left the field went to the hospital to be with my players family who I was very close with bc I also had his brother. Turned out he had viral meningitis. Next day the ad called me in. I thought he might try to reprimand me instead he said we did the right thing and he was pissed the district ad and trainer watched while I dealt with the kid. The bottom line is, there may be pressure to play the game but postpone that shit tomorrow everyone will say it was the right decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT