ADVERTISEMENT

Ben Roberts: Jeffries actively working on Wiseman to join him at UK

One man has helped make hundreds of millions for players and one man has yet to make a Penny for players in the NBA. Not a hard choice for me.

Cal did not make the majority of his players millions. Those players were making millions regardless of who coached them for a year. This is the biggest fairy tale ever told. KAT, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wall, Cousins, were all projected lottery picks coming out of high school. They all ended up lottery picks a year later.

Cal did not make the majority of his players millions. Those players were making millions regardless of who coached them for a year. This is the biggest fairy tale ever told. KAT, Davis, Kidd-Gilchrist, Wall, Cousins, were all projected lottery picks coming out of high school. They all ended up lottery picks a year later.
Hahaha hater

Hahaha hater

Not hating, just speaking the truth. I would say that Cal did get players like CDR, Earl Barron, Dorsey at Memphis and WCS, Bledsoe, Shai contracts, but Wall, Cousins, Davis, KAT - those guys would be millionaires if they had played in any Top 7 conference.

Who recruited, developed, and advised all these players? See what I’m getting at?

but Wall, Cousins, Davis, KAT - those guys would be millionaires if they had played in any Top 7 conference.
And if they had signed anywhere else besides UK, you would be among the posters here questioning what happened to Calipari’s swag.

We get that that’s how you’d like it to be, Memphis fan.

How bout you come back and chat when you guys, I don’t know, make the tournament or something?

Look how well they have progressed in the NBA. There are other sure fires that have nice careers but

Who recruited, developed, and advised all these players? See what I’m getting at?
Cal recruited them. These kids were developed by a combination of their God given talent, middle school, high school, and AAU coaches. These kids have been "advised" by agents and financial folks long before Cal gets involved. If, he has nothing to do with any shenanigans, that is.

Go back and look at where the following players were projected coming out of HS vs. where they were ultimately drafted:

KAT
MKG
Ullis
Booker
Randle
Bam
Knight
Bledsoe
WCS
Harrison
Young
T Jones

I was thinking about making fun of Memphis and their coaching hires, but then I thought, "hey, they did hire Cal."

And then I thought, "but they hired Pastner, Tubby and Penny Hardaway too." So I'm making fun of them.
[roll][laughing][roll]

Reactions: bloodguard13

You sound salty

Reactions: Blue Decade

You mean like Adonis Thomas and Will Barton and Joe Jackson and Dedric Lawson?

Cal recruited them. These kids were developed by a combination of their God given talent, middle school, high school, and AAU coaches.

This may be the worst post this board has ever seen and that says a lot.

So they were "developed" by every coach that ever touched them but not by Cal? Coaches that have much less experience and ability and are coaching a much lower level of basketball. ......"middle school and AAU" < that's funny

Cal, a man with vast experience on the dealings of the NBA and tons of connections to teams, etc, also doesn't advise them on their transition and pursuit of the NBA??? Ok.

They develop more in 1 year under Cal as high level basketball players and men of character than they had developed since naturally developing with puberty.

Someone needs to tell that fool about branding. Would anyone give a crap if "The Brow" or"Lil' Carlito" played for Memphis. I think not. Exposure goes along way for some of these players. Speaking of paspower btw.

Loser you are

Cal recruited them. These kids were developed by a combination of their God given talent, middle school, high school, and AAU coaches. These kids have been "advised" by agents and financial folks long before Cal gets involved. If, he has nothing to do with any shenanigans, that is.

Yeah...of course ALL those players say different but you are the correct one in all this...[eyeroll]

Last edited:
So there's no distinction between Towns and Okafor or Selby and B. Knight. Getting an elite recruit and maintaining their lottery draft status is often times just as difficult as a fringe player busting onto the big boards.

So Cal now gets credit for these players improving their game while employed in the NBA?
Yes he does. When you look at other programs and sure fire NBA stars Okafor, I forget the guards name from Ohio State who thought he was going before John Wall. Not just yes to your question, but hell yes. Pat Riley tells Cal that his guys are also great teammates

Please move closer to the bathtub so all of your salty tears can be collected.

Yes he does. When you look at other programs and sure fire NBA stars Okafor, I forget the guards name from Ohio State who thought he was going before John Wall. Not just yes to your question, but hell yes. Pat Riley tells Cal that his guys are also great teammates

Pay him no mind. He has 1 agenda and 1 agenda only.

Reactions: JC CATS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT