ADVERTISEMENT

Been watching SportsCenter for close to an hour now

playmorezeppelin

Sophomore
Mar 19, 2017
Haven’t voluntarily turned on SC in my own home in what feels like years but decided to this morning to see the highlights from the NUMEROUS great CBB games from yesterday, notably the historic 16 over 1 seed.

I’ve been watching for close to an hour now and I kid you not there has not been a single second of coverage on the March madness games from yesterday. They’ve covered Aaron Rodgers 3 separate times just to say there hasn’t been any development in his trade in like a week, touched on some other NFL trade rumors for about 20 minutes, ran some NBA highlights, and even promoted the women’s tournament games going on today. Nothing on CBB.

How do you call yourself the worldwide leader in sports? I know football is king but good lord can we at least pretend something else exists? Especially right now, in March, a month into the NFL offseason and 6 months before the start of next season. Just let college basketball have its moment for one month. Or at least one weekend for the opening rounds. Can’t convince me people are turning on SC right now waiting for news to break on Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

Reactions: chroix
Haven’t voluntarily turned on SC in my own home in what feels like years but decided to this morning to see the highlights from the NUMEROUS great CBB games from yesterday, notably the historic 16 over 1 seed.

I’ve been watching for close to an hour now and I kid you not there has not been a single second of coverage on the March madness games from yesterday. They’ve covered Aaron Rodgers 3 separate times just to say there hasn’t been any development in his trade in like a week, touched on some other NFL trade rumors for about 20 minutes, ran some NBA highlights, and even promoted the women’s tournament games going on today. Nothing on CBB.

How do you call yourself the worldwide leader in sports? I know football is king but good lord can we at least pretend something else exists? Especially right now, in March, a month into the NFL offseason and 6 months before the start of next season. Just let college basketball have its moment for one month. Or at least one weekend for the opening rounds. Can’t convince me people are turning on SC right now waiting for news to break on Aaron Rodgers or Lamar Jackson.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk
They don’t own the broadcast rights to the games. So they aren’t going to promote for their competition. All about the $$$$$

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT