ADVERTISEMENT

Beau Allen back to the Cats

No offense to Destin Wade or his father, but I am more excited about Beau in the QB room than I was about Wade. I wish Sheron was still part of the mix, but I understand.
100% Destin Wade's father is a completely delusional if he truly believes Destin can play QB ANYWHERE other than a D2 school or ACC of course. NO OFFENSE to the young man for wanting so badly to pursue his dreams.

You guys think Beau is coming back because he was told he would be given every opportunity to compete for the starting job? Or was this just the best situation he could get?

So, based on game experience, Beau has more experience than Vandergriff, I.e. small school experience.

100% Destin Wade's father is a completely delusional if he truly believes Destin can play QB ANYWHERE other than a D2 school or ACC of course. NO OFFENSE to the young man for wanting so badly to pursue his dreams.
Thanks, I thought the ACC was division II in football! Maybe because 7’s finished runner up.

He transferred from Tarleton State to Georgia Southern after 2022 season, but did not see any action this year. Was he injured or just too far down the depth chart ??

Last edited:
He transferred from Tarleton State to Georgia Southern after 2022 season, but did not see any action this year. Was he injured or just too far down the depth chart ??

Sat out by NCAA rule.

Not likely, but Beau could win the job, outright.

IIRC, he out up huge numbers for a smaller school out west, maybe in a Mumme system.,,;;,
Not likely is an understatement. Seriously, I'm thinking Vandagriff-Boley. Allen already had a bite out of this apple and left.

Reactions: The-Hack
Hopefully Coen will let our backups get some time. We never get any meaningful snaps for our reserve qbs.

Watched Howard Schnellenberger- who always developed great qbs- religiously get his backup qb into the game on a designated series each half.

Maybe I'm missing something but this is the only UK site reporting this, maybe not a done deal just yet.

Maybe I'm missing something but this is the only UK site reporting this, maybe not a done deal just yet.
Maybe not, they’re now trying to cover for Lemond by saying “potential” after everyone on X, myself included, ran with it. In the comments section of the original tweet, someone asked if this was verified and Lemond replied “done deal” but apparently deleted it. I don’t have the receipts but it was there.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...beau-allen-kentucky-reunion-is-gaining-steam/

Reactions: mrschwump
Maybe not, they’re now trying to cover for Lemond by saying “potential” after everyone on X, myself included, ran with it. In the comments section of the original tweet, someone asked if this was verified and Lemond replied “done deal” but apparently deleted it. I don’t have the receipts but it was there.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...beau-allen-kentucky-reunion-is-gaining-steam/
Same old crap....everybody wants to be first with the story, nobody cares about being right. Lemond could blow this thing for UK.

Reactions: bluecoon1
Not likely is an understatement. Seriously, I'm thinking Vandagriff-Boley. Allen already had a bite out of this apple and left
If he is coming back he’ll be the backup. His arm is too soft for sec the field would shrink on us in a hurry. And he’s not a runner.

But he’s a better option than Boley. He has solid not great measurables but isn’t near ready. Boley’s long term ceiling at UK is maybe as an upperclass starter being functional. People thinking he will be a legendary stud type will be disappointed. And frankly I expect us to get more out of Saunders.

Last edited:
If he could not win the starting job at Georgia Southern then why would anyone think he could win the job here? The job is clearly Vandagrifts job for the next two years with Boley and Saunders fighting to take over after he leaves

Having stated this however it helps to have a backup with starting experience ! Brock likes to pull the ball down and run with it so injuries as we saw with Will are always part of the game

He wasn’t eligible at Georgia Southern but really if he isn’t given an opportunity to play then why would he come here. NIL? Told upfront? Just wants to be home?

If he could not win the starting job at Georgia Southern then why would anyone think he could win the job here? The job is clearly Vandagrifts job for the next two years with Boley and Saunders fighting to take over after he leaves

Having stated this however it helps to have a backup with starting experience ! Brock likes to pull the ball down and run with it so injuries as we saw with Will are always part of the game
He had to sit out, transfer rules are the same as before at any level below 1A. I had the same question and someone answered it in another thread.

Yeah, I get transferring out to actually play right away at Tarleton but the move to GSU is head scratching.

Overall, I think he should've just stayed. He would've played last year when Levis was hurt, he would have played in the bowl, he'd have been Qb1 this year most likely.

Great get for this staff. He's an older dude, familiar with the program, OC, players, and town. In a situation where he has to get some run he's not going to be overwhelmed by anything.

I really hope part of the deal for him coming back was CMS agreeing to play him in the OOC and Vandy. Hopefully we'll get up by 3 scores in those games, if we do there is absolutely no reason to risk BV getting hurt when you have an upperclassman who knows what he's doing for a backup.

If he is coming back he’ll be the backup. His arm is too soft for sec the field would shrink on us in a hurry. And he’s not a runner.

But he’s a better option than Boley. He has solid not great measurables but isn’t near ready. Boley’s long term ceiling at UK is maybe as an upperclass starter being functional. People thinking he will be a legendary stud type will be disappointed. And frankly I expect us to get more out of Saunders.
Saunders is the one Im excited about. Cutter has some tools but needs to develop from what I've seen.

Reactions: HYTCHYE ISLAND
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT