ADVERTISEMENT

Baylor Insiders don't believe Drew will accept UK's offer

Bigkyfan10

Sophomore
Jan 12, 2005

Ashley Hodge has an update at 11:00 pm tonight stating "I think he's staying. Immediate Family not on board. He wanted a clear answer and that is is it."

For whatever reason it's not letting me post the part of the picture with everything she says. So if you want to read it you'll have to click on the Twitter link or go to that website and pay. Who knows maybe this has been photoshopped. I don't pay for that site.

So your saying there's a chance.
Ncaa Basketball Thumbs Up GIF by NCAA March Madness

Thats what it looked like to me. Family gives a thumbs down and he posts a lunch photo with a booster to give them the sign.

Seems like some twitter bs from unreliable resources of a presser, but I expect and hope Drew is a no.

Thats what it looked like to me. Family gives a thumbs down and he posts a lunch photo with a booster to give them the sign.

Seems like some twitter bs from unreliable resources of a presser, but I expect and hope Drew is a no.
I believe MJ said that Drew posted the photo so the family could stay hidden in Lexington and have some privacy while they took the tour.

Pretty sure that guy is a legit Baylor insider I’ll post a video below from 8hrs ago from this podcast. That Ashley guy was on there talking about Drew.

Look yall I’ve done this for a long time. Well I’m 38 but it’s been long enough. I have a wife and family.

If me and my wife are discussing a move, and I tell her hey, why don’t I stay back and you go look at this new bad ass place we’re deciding on, tell me what you think. I think you’ll like it” and she goes to see it..

It means the decision has already been made lol. It means yes. Baylor is scrambling hoping for anything is what these reports are. He obviously wants to make it look like it was a very hard decision when the truth is they knew days ago. Its Out of respect for Baylor.

He sent his distant relatives to check out Lexington? That’s weird.
His godson is actually posting on the Trilly discord and it was verified that it's actually him. Drew's father in law died a while back and his mother in law lives with him and his wife. Apparently she is not on board and has vetoed the move. To whatever extent that matters to Drew remains to be seen. His godson did say he personally believes Drew takes the job, although he said that was just a guess.

Reactions: EliteBlue
HOB says he's not coming.. lol

I love all this ish.. even if we get a second tier coach. It will all work out eventually. Always has.
30 minutes ago HOB says he is coming. Now HOB says he is NOT coming.

Pilgrim says it's over, the family loved Lexington and he's coming, Presser tomorrow.

This has been a WILD RIDE!!!

It seems hard for me to believe that Scott Drew and his family haven't discussed the possibility that if Cal leaves, Mitch would want him as the next HC at UK. This kind of stuff is talked about WAY BEFORE these job openings come about.

So, if Scott Drew EVER wanted to leave Baylor for the BIGGEST BLUE BLOOD in the country, NOW is the time and he KNOWS it and his family KNOWS it!!!

I believe MJ said that Drew posted the photo so the family could stay hidden in Lexington and have some privacy while they took the tour.
Which, if we're being honest, is not the best first impression. Didn't the plane have to also be diverted to Georgetown?

Look yall I’ve done this for a long time. Well I’m 38 but it’s been long enough. I have a wife and family.

If me and my wife are discussing a move, and I tell her hey, why don’t I stay back and you go look at this new bad ass place we’re deciding on, tell me what you think. I think you’ll like it” and she goes to see it..

It means the decision has already been made lol. It means yes. Baylor is scrambling hoping for anything is what these reports are. He obviously wants to make it look like it was a very hard decision when the truth is they new days ago. Its
Out of respect for Baylor.
To me it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't want to go see Lexington also. However maybe because it's a work day he's working at Baylor and can't say hey can I not work today so I can go look at another job. But then why not just wait until Saturday to go see.

Who says that someone didn't get off the plane, stayed with Drew. While family flew to checkout ky. Then reboarded, when family got off.

It means the decision has already been made lol. It means yes. Baylor is scrambling hoping for anything is what these reports are. He obviously wants to make it look like it was a very hard decision when the truth is they knew days ago. Its Out of respect for Baylor.
Same thoughts here and bible thumper or not squeeze an extra mil out of goofy Barney. Wouldn't be surprised if Barney creates another nightmare if it doesn't work.

I don’t know what to believe anymore. I guess we find out tomorrow
It's done. I wish Barney would have done his due diligence especially after the BCG hire and lifetime contract but here we are. I think people are gonna shit when they see what Barney pays a guy who hasn't sniffed the 2nd rd since the Covid year.

Reactions: R.O.T.Muckinfush
During these things a lot of people on both side put out stuff indicating they have inside knowledge. One group will be right and they can claim victory. Doesn't mean they actually knew anything, just gambling. If they are wrong, nobody remembers anyway.

• Love
Reactions: ha21 and Girthang
It's done. I wish Barney would have done his due diligence especially after the BCG hire and lifetime contract but here we are. I think people are gonna shit when they see what Barney pays a guy who hasn't sniffed the 2nd rd since the Covid year.
Well Baylor people are saying his mother in law told them no and he is staying so who the hell knows

It means the decision has already been made lol. It means yes.
That seems, well, not really like a discussion.

That seems, well, not really like a discussion.

Yall it’s done. You don’t fly around and send the wife and get all caught up in the excitement if you’re doing it. Grandma will get over it. Kentucky called. End of story.

They’re ate up in it I would be too. All of this is just because he wants to show Baylor respect on his way out. I give it a 94.4% chance it’s done. That barely leaves any way it won’t happen.

Reactions: AzubuikeandFitch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT