ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart and Capilouto emails

Only email Barnhart if you are also asking for him to resign as well. He needs to go. He's created the mess and has no plan whatsoever to fix it.
I emailed both and asked them both to resign.
Told them they’re basically stealing from the University of KY at this point just like Cal. And that KY basketball has been hijacked and destroyed right under both of their noses.

That whole love fest he had for Kenny Payne taking that Louisville job was sickening.
Not exactly weird when you consider the Capilouto's actual job. His job is to run a university that provides accessible higher education to the state of Kentucky, not to play into basketball rivalries. UK and UofL are the two main universities that do that. He's not going to let a basketball rivalry get in the way being happy for a former employee getting a job at his alma mater.

I emailed both and asked them both to resign.
Told them they’re basically stealing from the University of KY at this point just like Cal. And that KY basketball has been hijacked and destroyed right under both of their noses.
What exactly do you think Capilouto's job is? It's not to run a basketball program. It's to run the state's flagship university and to provide easily accessible higher education to the state's citizens. UK's enrollment and graduation rates are at record highs. By most measures his tenure has been quite effective.

University presidents don't resign because the basketball program has had a few down years unless there's gross misconduct involved that they ignored.

Reactions: CatsDomain and K86
What exactly do you think Capilouto's job is? It's not to run a basketball program. It's to run the state's flagship university and to provide easily accessible higher education to the state's citizens. UK's enrollment and graduation rates are at record highs. By most measures his tenure has been quite effective.

University presidents don't resign because the basketball program has had a few down years unless there's gross misconduct involved that they ignored.

I would call this season gross misconduct 🤣

Reactions: yoshukai

He traveled to Knoxville last year to support our spiraling basketball team.
And he just gave the moron Barnhart an extension. The guy that gave Cal his lifetime contract. Plus Capilouto signed off on Cal’s contract.

Cal, Capilouto, and Barnhart are the 3 blind mice.

Get ready for a generic, pre-written auto reply coming your way, LOL.
That’s why I say blow it up so they at least have to filter a bunch of emails to get to the ones they consider important.

If you ask a good attorney to turn over his files. He won’t just turn over the one you’re looking for. He will turn over that file and 1,000 more.

Reactions: bIhawk
And he just gave the moron Barnhart and extension. The guy that gave Cal his lifetime contract. Plus Capilouto signed of on Cal’s contract.

Yeah, the University President supports the basketball team. He also supports any other high profile endeavor that the university participates in. He was also on the podium when we won a title. That doesn't mean it's his main job or that he needs to resign because the basketball team is in a bad spot.

I'll say it again, his main job is to educate the state of Kentucky. Based on how the University has grown in the last 15 or so years he's been quite good at that.

Reactions: CatsDomain
I doubt either one of them will see the first email. They will all be screened.
In my positions in Higher Ed, I’ve gotten emails pushed my way from the President’s or Vice President’s office that 100% never reached their desk. Most of them are treated that way

My email:

Enough is enough

I must request that you move on from John Calipari.

He has brought the basketball program to an absolute state of embarrassment for UK. The fact that he has won only one SEC tournament game and one NCAA tournament game in 4 years is simply not the standard of Kentucky basketball.

Even Tyler Ullis understood the coaching malpractice Cal made in the Gonzaga game. Anybody who knows the game can see that Cal is no longer the right man for the job. No other coach has been given more opportunities to succeed than he has and now the time has come to move on.

Yeah, the University President supports the basketball team. He also supports any other high profile endeavor that the university participates in. He was also on the podium when we won a title. That doesn't mean it's his main job or that he needs to resign because the basketball team is in a bad spot.

I'll say it again, his main job is to educate the state of Kentucky. Based on how the University has grown in the last 15 or so years he's been quite good at that.
I seen somewhere that Nick Saban had lead to a 50% or better increase in enrollment at Alabama. Not sure where I read it but it’s out there.

Athletics matters and generates a ton of income for a University.

Reactions: TM2013
My email:

Enough is enough

I must request that you move on from John Calipari.

He has brought the basketball program to an absolute state of embarrassment for UK. The fact that he has won only one SEC tournament game and one NCAA tournament game in 4 years is simply not the standard of Kentucky basketball.

Even Tyler Ullis understood the coaching malpractice Cal made in the Gonzaga game. Anybody who knows the game can see that Cal is no longer the right man for the job. No other coach has been given more opportunities to succeed than he has and now the time has come to move on.
I mean thats great, but they would would give it more credence if you included a check .

More than you or I have done. But I'm guessing you don't see a problem?
lol.

Sending angry emails to administration is not changing anything. No it’s not more than “you or I have done.” This is delusional. Stop defending it.

Let me tell you what Capiluto or Barnhart think should they actually read your email:

“Weird person”

That’s it

lol.

Sending angry emails to administration is not changing anything. No it’s not more than “you or I have done.” This is delusional. Stop defending it.

Let me tell you what Capiluto or Barnhart think should they actually read your email:

“Weird person”

That’s it
So KY basketball fans shouldn’t be angry?

And if we are angry and disappointed that makes us weird?

I think only “weird people” aren’t angry or disappointed.

And he just gave the moron Barnhart an extension. The guy that gave Cal his lifetime contract. Plus Capilouto signed off on Cal’s contract.

They have learned from UL and Jurich on how to steal money from Kentucky

Reactions: NociHTTP

Shut up. We aren’t playing this game. You can be angry all you want, but I guarantee you 110% writing emails to administrators tell them to fire themselves isn’t changing a single thing even slightly.

They will never see emails. Probably wouldn't even be mentioned to them.

The only thing that will work is financial pressure and media pressure. Things like an empty Rupp (ticket sales, unhappy vendors, unhappy local businesses and sponsors), and also doing things the national media will pick up on. Like the billboard or the even the dreaded picket. Foolish? You betcha ya, but that's something the national media will pick-up on that will apply pressure.

They will never see emails. Probably wouldn't even be mentioned to them.

The only thing that will work is financial pressure and media pressure. Things like an empty Rupp (ticket sales, unhappy vendors, unhappy local businesses and sponsors), and also doing things the national media will pick up on. Like the billboard or the even the dreaded picket. Foolish? You betcha ya, but that's something the national media will pick-up on that will apply pressure.
It took me 30 seconds to type that email and hit send. I got to vent at the same time so I don’t give a s*** if they see it or not.

When you start blowing up a legislatures phone or email over a bill. It pisses of his staff and then they complain to the politician and he gets pissed.

I know this first hand.

You’re not going to get 23k people to boycott Rupp, but if you send 23k emails to Capiturd and Barney they are going to hear about it. Because the staff is going to get tired and pissed from having to weed through emails to find the important ones.

Reactions: TM2013

The entire university depends on a successful basketball program. Comp tickets are a key tool for enticing donor commitments.

Cal is running our flagship program into the ground and drastically reducing the draw of attending home games.

It took me 30 seconds to type that email and hit send. I got to vent at the same time so I don’t give a s*** if they see it or not.

When you start blowing up a legislatures phone or email over a bill. It pisses of his staff and then they complain to the politician and he gets pissed.

I know this first hand.

You’re not going to get 23k people to boycott Rupp, but if you send 23k emails to Capiturd and Barney they are going to hear about it. Because the staff is going to get tired and pissed from having to weed through emails to find the important ones.
That email also comes off like a 30 second email. If I was to engage in a Don Quixote RPG battle of emails, I’d explain to you as a person who has successfully corresponded with dignitaries and people of power that you get attention by understanding their perspective and explaining your own position and why it’s in their interest to explore your perspective.

Writing angry shit at people with busy lives and real responsibility just makes them want to make sure security is on call.

Do you want to advance your agenda or come off like angry Karen? Your call

The entire university depends on a successful basketball program. Comp tickets are a key tool for enticing donor commitments.

Cal is running our flagship program into the ground and drastically reducing the draw of attending home games.
Exactly! Good point.
That’s why every university fights the NCAA, spending millions of dollars in legal fees over impending sanctions.

If athletics wasn’t important to the university they would just throw in the white flag and roll over.

You had state representatives getting involved in Florida over Florida State not making the playoff 4.
Those guys have much more power than a University president and AD.

Reactions: TM2013 and Aike

I know this first hand.

It’s pretty simple now days to filter emails. Filter out emails with Cal and reisign and a few other words and they go straight to trash, no assistant needed to filter anymore.

It’s pretty simple now days to filter emails. Filter out emails with Cal and reisign and a few other words and they go straight to trash, no assistant needed to filter anymore.
I’m betting few if any university presidents are setting their own email filters.

You can send them 1,000 emails. They’ll never see them as they are filtered and screened by admins. But if it makes you feel better go for it.

I’m betting their assistants set it for them or the IT department does.
I mean, maybe. But it would have to be a pretty terrible assistant to set up keyword filters and then just assume that all the emails filtered out were unimportant. A real person has to monitor the process at some level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT