ADVERTISEMENT

Barnhart and Big Z

I really don’t think this his has anything to do with money. I think it could be amateur status. Imagine if Lebron went to the NBA out of high school and played for the Cavaliers and they paid him a couple hundred a week. Then the next year Lebron decides he missed out on college and wanted to come back to college. Apparently Z played in a pro league and if they let him come back to school and be an amateur then the NCAA is afraid it will open a precedent. Just my guess.
You need to look up Aday Mara. His situation is far worse than Z's but legal action was filed and he was almost immediately made eligible.

Cal, as well, has said "they" need to become aggressive to help Z.

Please explain those 2 things.

Anytime Mara is eligible and Z is not, I'm first looking at our AD. He's the problem here and was most likely the problem on Z's absurd delay on getting in to UK.

I'll wait to see how you respond to all that. Maybe you weren't aware but maybe you'd defend Barney no matter what he did or didn't do.

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
You need to look up Aday Mara. His situation is far worse than Z's but legal action was filed and he was almost immediately made eligible.

Cal, as well, has said "they" need to become aggressive to help Z.

Please explain those 2 things.

Anytime Mara is eligible and Z is not, I'm first looking at our AD. He's the problem here and was most likely the problem on Z's absurd delay on getting in to UK.

I'll wait to see how you respond to all that. Maybe you weren't aware but maybe you'd defend Barney no matter what he did or didn't do.
I wasn’t defending anyone. I think Barney is a dumbass. I was just saying everyone is talking about the money being the reason and it literally can’t be considering the amount of money these players are making in high school.

Bobby Blue is a newbie and a contrarian, and probably is one of Leadbelly's accounts.
Contrarian? Contrarians go against popular opinion just to go against popular opinion. I questioned a poster who wants to blatantly cheat and have the AD put donors in contact with collectives. Sorry I disagree with your message board buddies bad takes. Maybe I should just post far Barney, Cow, and CCC just to fit in. Having your own opinion based on logic and reason clearly isn’t welcomed here.

• Haha
Contrarian? Contrarians go against popular opinion just to go against popular opinion. I questioned a poster who wants to blatantly cheat and have the AD put donors in contact with collectives. Sorry I disagree with your message board buddies bad takes. Maybe I should just post far Barney, Cow, and CCC just to fit in. Having your own opinion based on logic and reason clearly isn’t welcomed here.
If you feel so much like a martyr here, why do you keep creating more accounts?

Weird stuff.

If you feel so much like a martyr here, why do you keep creating more accounts?

Weird stuff.
Martyr? More made up over dramatic nonsense. I know this message board is your world and where you get validation in life, but it’s just a message board to me.

Agree or disagree with my post, I’m done with the back and forth with a message board warrior.

I wasn’t defending anyone. I think Barney is a dumbass. I was just saying everyone is talking about the money being the reason and it literally can’t be considering the amount of money these players are making in high school.
Cal said so, so...

Just one of the reasons Mitch is starting to get old! I think he and Calipari are way too laid back if they really wan to play. Bradshaw has enough trouble keeping Onyenso off the floor, if Z can play much at all not good for Bradshaws minutes, or Cal. If Z really wants to play he should ask Cal wth is going on!

I don't know why so many of these posts go off the rails with individuals defending themselves versus commenting on the point of the original post. I am typically not a conspiracy theorist as usually the simple explanation is the reality. Truth is we have no idea what has occurred behind the scenes. No matter what, it seems clear this case is not a priority for the NCAA. It is in my view disgraceful and unfair by the NCAA. But, they are not the only huge conglomerate that acts on their own behalf rather than do the right thing. I just somehow hope it brings them down as they deserve.

There is a big difference in getting NIL money and getting paid for playing basketball. Amateur status does not mean that a kid is not allowed to make money. Plenty of kids have actual jobs. It just means you can't be paid to be a professional athlete in the sport you play in the NCAA.
BS money is money no matter what it is called
Check or cash,different name, but it still spends

Imo be doesnt deserve blame for his lack of sway with the NCAA.

But....he absolutely deserves blame for not raising hell over the kid having to literally battle just to be admitted. That's where a strong AD makes a difference. No way in hell bama would make a great football recruit battle to just get admitted.

Also ps: it's laughable to hear cal talk now about getting aggressive. Waiting until over half the season is over is anything but aggressive

Imo be doesnt deserve blame for his lack of sway with the NCAA.

But....he absolutely deserves blame for not raising hell over the kid having to literally battle just to be admitted. That's where a strong AD makes a difference. No way in hell bama would make a great football recruit battle to just get admitted.

Also ps: it's laughable to hear cal talk now about getting aggressive. Waiting until over half the season is over is anything but aggressive

You all are complaining with out acknowledging what is happening right now...

Big Z is free.

What makes zero sense to me about Mitch — he’s well connected in the industry. Was on the selection committee and chaired it during the Covid tournament. One would think he could make a few phone calls and get this pushed through.

You all are complaining with out acknowledging what is happening right now...

Big Z is free.

Of course that extremely development is noteworthy, but not entirely relevant to my post. There really was no reason it took this long. The university added a few weeks to the process because of the completely insane issues admitting him as a student

There is a big difference in getting NIL money and getting paid for playing basketball. Amateur status does not mean that a kid is not allowed to make money. Plenty of kids have actual jobs. It just means you can't be paid to be a professional athlete in the sport you play in the NCAA.
Semantics at this point. It’s still bullshit. But it doesn’t matter anymore. Big Z is feee.

What makes zero sense to me about Mitch — he’s well connected in the industry. Was on the selection committee and chaired it during the Covid tournament. One would think he could make a few phone calls and get this pushed through.

You don't know that he didn't try that, though. He's getting blamed for something with nobody having any proof to back their allegations.

Reactions: Rockfly78
You don't know that he didn't try that, though. He's getting blamed for something with nobody having any proof to back their allegations.
Based on the fact is Mitch got the clearance notification from NCAA, and made the announcement, and thanked the NCAA, I am guessing, Mitch WAS working behind the scenes. Mitch would have gone along with a lawsuit of the NCAA, but didn't want to.

I don't know why so many of these posts go off the rails with individuals defending themselves versus commenting on the point of the original post. I am typically not a conspiracy theorist as usually the simple explanation is the reality. Truth is we have no idea what has occurred behind the scenes. No matter what, it seems clear this case is not a priority for the NCAA. It is in my view disgraceful and unfair by the NCAA. But, they are not the only huge conglomerate that acts on their own behalf rather than do the right thing. I just somehow hope it brings them down as they deserve.
Most topics are usurped by agendas and the need for personal vindication.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT