ADVERTISEMENT

Bam and Knox

You should really be embarrassed about Haywood being mentioned. Everyone who works with Haywood jokes about how cheap he is. Well now we have proof that even after a decade in the NBA, the man is still pulling the "I forgot my wallet" line on his agent at dinner.

um..... why would that embarass me. So far we come out pretty clean in this one. The media is just using our name as click bait when we did nothing. Its shameful. Whats also shameful is how the rat and dook got away with Lance Thomas and his jewelry loans.

Reactions: KingOfBBN
They had former ESPN reporter Dana O'Neill on 1530AM today. She didn't appear to think Xavier had anything to do with Sumner getting money but when the host brought up UK, she chuckled that they had more than one player involved. That "this wasn't going away" and it was "just getting started".

They had former ESPN reporter Dana O'Neill on 1530AM today. She didn't appear to think Xavier had anything to do with Sumner getting money but when the host brought up UK, she chuckled that they had more than one player involved. That "this wasn't going away" and it was "just getting started".

Then spill it Dana, lol.

Ah Dana O'Neil...confirmed UK hater.

Anything that hag spews is sure to be suspect.

presidents.jpg

Last edited:
All the trolls came out today. And they never actually go away either. They just get hired by someone else like a congressman or campaign aide.

I wouldn’t put much stock in Jones’ understanding of the by-laws. I’m guessing he read the restitution by-law (which is for under $100 and not $200).

Restitution applies only to “Impermissible Benefits”. It does not apply to “Extra Benefits”. They are not the same thing.

Knox may very well be able to make a donation and regain eligibility quickly if needed. But it will still require going through the reinstatement process (which can happen quickly) and not simply reporting a donation.

EDIT: this assumes Knox even attended and received a free meal in the first place. I think both of those still need to be determined unlike I missed an update.
What's the distinction between impermissible and extra benefits? I've seen it explained on here before, but I forget what it was.

I wouldn't go crazy just yet. Do you know how much money the NCAA makes off of college basketball. Their not going to lose their cash cow. Not with this many big names tied to it and probably more to come. The FBI isn't going after our players for this so it may just result in rule changes. Unless they want San Fran playing St Marys for the final. Ratings plunge!
This is pretty much my take on it. With what's known at the moment, I'm not overly concerned.

The Bam situation and Knox's are completely different and shouldn't be conflated in the same thread. Worst case scenario for Knox is the family pays a small amount to charity. No eligibility issues.

I can believe that.

I think it is interesting that they placed a bad loan addendum next to Bam's name. Other players on the list did not end up signing so it would be my guess that the money was given to someone in BAM's circle but not to his mother or Bam himself. With this in mind it is then possible that BAM was no longer associated with this person of influence (likely a person trying to direct him to NC St) and thus automatically no real recourse in collecting the money. I feel strongly that somehow NC St is involved but think UK is clean!

Reactions: UKWildcatT
I hope they find out that EVERY PLAYER is getting paid, and the NCAA becomes extinct. They are criminally complicit in ANY scandal related to cash. If they weren't world-class misers then their cash cows wouldn't' be grazing in other pastures.

Does anyone really believe Andy Miller is the only agent doing this shit. Wake up and ell the coffee. There are 50 NBA agents. Good luck

Has anyone seen anything mentioned about any other agents being investigated besides Andy Miller and his company?

I don’t know quite what to think, but as ever I’m willing to share my opinion. The real root of the problem is while TV networks, shoe/apparel companies, the universities themselves, and lots of other entities are making billions on college football and basketball, the players are getting crumbs. This makes them vulnerable to advances by agents and others lacking in integrity. The solution in my mind is to pay players a reasonable stipend. As for an agent buying a minor lunch to try and sway him that’s on him or her kinda of like an adult trying to coerce a minor into sexual acts.

This sucks if true

I haven’t been posting that long, maybe a few weeks. I’ve more less just read all the boards for the last couple years and decided to start posting on THR not to long ago. You’ll have to excuse me if I spell words wrong from time to time I tend to type fast and usually don’t reread before I post. I figure most people are smart enough to know what I mean and if they don’t their to dumb to realize I messed up lol. Thanks for correcting me.
They're

Knox had a 36 dollar meal. He is about an innocent as anyone in all this. Bam may have taken money but it makes no sense that he was a bad loan. He was a lotto pick and easily could have paid that back. His mom never seemed like the type to sell him either. His don't make sense at all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT