ADVERTISEMENT

Bam and Knox

Actually I believe he had. I went back and looked up the commitment date a couple years ago, and I don't really remember what it was exactly, but I am pretty sure he as a commit at the time. Doesn't really change anything though. I highly doubt Cal had anything to do with that SAT fiasco.

He wasn't declared ineligible for his SAT scores...common misconception.....after initially clearing him, the NCAA then wanted to interview him about his SAT scores....Derrick Rose ignored their repeated requests....failure to respond to those requests resulted in him being declared ineligible.

I think everyone can agree, the agent(s) involved is a massive scumbag. Hope he gets the max prison sentence.

If Bam took the money in HS I do not think anything bad will come from that as long as he had not signed his Financial papers or LOI at the time he received the money. NN is another story, but, even in his case we would only have to forfeit the games we won prior to his injury.
I really don't think you know how any of this works.

MJ and crew just read the rules and if Knox just goes ahead and pays some charity 200 dollars today, he won't have an issue playing tomorrow. Even if he didn't have a lunch with him.

He wasn't declared ineligible for his SAT scores...common misconception.....after initially clearing him, the NCAA then wanted to interview him about his SAT scores....Derrick Rose ignored their repeated requests....failure to respond to those requests resulted in him being declared ineligible.
The testing service invalidated his score, and he refused to meet with them to defend himself. The NCAA declared him ineligible because of that.

I'm not the one who runs to another program's board and obsessively tries to defend my program. If you want to categorize who is "scared and defensive" it's people like Kansas fans who feel the need to justify themselves in front of their betters. If you don't like what's being said about Kansas here, get lost. You are a guest, and an annoying one who is wearing out his welcome. And as for Elijah Justice, if you think you can say for sure what his connection to this is based on this story, or any document released so far, you are more of a fool than you've shown yourself to be so far.

I'm not the one who runs to another program's board and obsessively tries to defend my program. If you want to categorize who is "scared and defensive" it's people like Kansas fans who feel the need to justify themselves in front of their betters. If you don't like what's being said about Kansas here, get lost. You are a guest, and an annoying one who is wearing out his welcome. And as for Elijah Justice, if you think you can say for sure what his connection to this is based on this story, or any document released so far, you are more of a fool than you've shown yourself to be so far.
What in your paranoid mind makes you think I am a fan from another team? I am not trying to justify anything. Just stating something that looks to be true in the initial report. I just think it is a joke when someone shares something that is unpopular to you, you say troll. Unreal

If we go down ... then Duke, Michigan St, UNC, Zona etc etc are all going down too.

Ehh, I’m honestly not THAT worried. This is completely different from UL for example who hired hookers then tried to pay 100k for a recruit to sign.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
MJ and crew just read the rules and if Knox just goes ahead and pays some charity 200 dollars today, he won't have an issue playing tomorrow. Even if he didn't have a lunch with him.
Yep. This is what UofL fans kept pointing to in thinking they'd get off. For minor offenses, it's fairly easy to make good. Where they were wrong of course was in assuming "minor" always is determined by dollar amount. What they did wasn't a lunch. It was something the NCAA called "repugnant." We should get off easy on the Knox part of this - which will cause all of their heads to simultaneously explode.

Actually I believe he had. I went back and looked up the commitment date a couple years ago, and I don't really remember what it was exactly, but I am pretty sure he as a commit at the time. Doesn't really change anything though. I highly doubt Cal had anything to do with that SAT fiasco.

You're right. I had read otherwise years ago and I guess I never checked it. He apparently didn't take the SAT in question until 05/07.

He may or may not be, but his response to your previous post is accurate.
Wrong bozo, do you think the NCAA has a enforcement Staff the size of the DOJ? Too many players, too many schools and too much money to defend the lawsuits that would be brought by its member institutions. Unless the NCAA can tie benefits directly to the schools staff nothing will be done.

I wouldn’t put much stock in Jones’ understanding of the by-laws. I’m guessing he read the restitution by-law (which is for under $100 and not $200).

Restitution applies only to “Impermissible Benefits”. It does not apply to “Extra Benefits”. They are not the same thing.

Knox may very well be able to make a donation and regain eligibility quickly if needed. But it will still require going through the reinstatement process (which can happen quickly) and not simply reporting a donation.

EDIT: this assumes Knox even attended and received a free meal in the first place. I think both of those still need to be determined unlike I missed an update.

Our NIT banner is coming down???
That+feeling+of+dread+anticipation+when+there+s+an+ominous+day+_f7de38f7db018f2d09bce98a50886523.gif

This is technically false. His SAT test was invalidated, which caused him to be ruled ineligible by the NCAA. It was because he did not cooperate that the NCAA came down with such hard penalties on Memphis.

Good point about the Lance Thomas situation. And he got the line of credit DURING the season. Starting to think we won't get any games vacated. Unless there is more that is coming.
The key to that situation is that Thomas AND the jewelry store refused to talk to the NCAA. Bam may refuse to talk, but the dirty agent may sing like a bird to anyone who will listen in order to save his own hide with the FBI.

Not the way I wanted to start my day.

I hope we don't get in a lot of trouble. It looks like - for now - at worst we lose 32 wins from last year and the NIT year. I can live with that if everyone else receives the same penalty.

Reactions: precipitance
If we go down ... then Duke, Michigan St, UNC, Zona etc etc are all going down too.

Ehh, I’m honestly not THAT worried. This is completely different from UL for example who hired hookers then tried to pay 100k for a recruit to sign.

How are we going down. The spreadsheet only said that Tony Bradley met with the agent(not a violation) and his father said they only met after he declared. Second, Brice Johnson had dinner at Carrabba's with an agent and his high school coach. There is no proof that the agent paid for Brice's meal and even if he did how are you going to burn down an entire program over some nasty pasta from Carraba's.

How are we going down. The spreadsheet only said that Tony Bradley met with the agent(not a violation) and his father said they only met after he declared. Second, Brice Johnson had dinner at Carrabba's with an agent and his high school coach. There is no proof that the agent paid for Brice's meal and even if he did how are you going to burn down an entire program over some nasty pasta from Carraba's.

You should really be embarrassed about Haywood being mentioned. Everyone who works with Haywood jokes about how cheap he is. Well now we have proof that even after a decade in the NBA, the man is still pulling the "I forgot my wallet" line on his agent at dinner.

Reactions: member-chewy
I predict Knox plays. I believe the rule is any money that needs to be repaid must be done once the school is made aware of it. Pretty sure we have not gotten anything official, or even IF anything needs to be repaid. If we do get official notice, then it would have to be repaid before he could play subsequent to that.

Trust me, we know all too well that you guys are bulletproof. Your entire roster could be in this spreadsheet with 100K next to their name and the NCAA wouldn't do jack.

And I totally see your point. It's the correct one in a vacuum or a perfect world. It's what every program would do and we'd all take a major hit and then start back on an even playing field.

I just have no faith in that happening and I don't want us to be the stupid program who tries to do the right thing. But I bet Mitch Barnhart will.

Barnhart is the one I worry about. He seems like the type that will admit that something happened just to be the good guy in all of this instead of trying to go down fighting like the Dukes and North Carolinas of the world. Then we get punished more harshly like back in 1989. I say admit nothing and if anything comes of it you just use the Maggette and Duke case to fight it in court.

In the Knox situation I say play him until you're told he isn't allowed to play. This isn't the NCAA saying he did anything. This is from a crooked agent and Knox's dad has already denied it happened. What's the worst that will happen by playing him? You lose a handful more games if they try and rule him ineligible. We likely won't win very many more if we don't play him waiting on the NCAA to rule when they aren't even investigating it. It hasn't even gotten to the NCAA yet and people want to go ahead and punish him for something that might not have even happened.

I wouldn't go crazy just yet. Do you know how much money the NCAA makes off of college basketball. Their not going to lose their cash cow. Not with this many big names tied to it and probably more to come. The FBI isn't going after our players for this so it may just result in rule changes. Unless they want San Fran playing St Marys for the final. Ratings plunge!

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
First off say a agent or anyone hands a player 10 100 bills in high school and says remember me when you make it kid. How in the hell would the college know? Same applies here in a way. What if our players were getting that money to go to other schools potentially, who knows.

Also quick question, where are we on wins? I haven't checked who's closest in a long time, but it's always a prideful thing to say we have the most wins ever in college basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT