ADVERTISEMENT

Bam and Knox

The only thing that gives me hope is that this was written by Forde and Thamel. Both have been trying to take down Cal for years. But yeah, this is kind of scary.

I hear ya but I don’t care if it’s written by Pitino! Black and white documents man. This isn’t good.

Reactions: Kentucky31
I hear ya but I don’t care if it’s written by Pitino! Black and white documents man. This isn’t good.

As slobber falls from your lips.... If anything comes of this, everybody is pretty much going down therefore nothing major will come of this other than maybe fines and new rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Very few coaches involved, they did not know. Cal is fine, if this is all they got, nothing at all, "Bam" will pay the money back and that's it. If he was here, he would be ineligible. Collin Sexton and Miles Bridges, Wendell Davis. They maybe done immediately. If that is all they got on us. We are fine and maybe become a title contender. To me, this is great news. We are in great shape

So all Louisville fans slobbering over this, pointing fingers and saying HAHA!! Go back to your hell hole and keep crying that Cal cheats. LOL!

Well if this is true, lets not follow the example set by some "other fans" of their schools.

Lets dig into it, get to the bottom of it, deal with it, accept whatever punishment goes along with it, and move on!

If this stuff runs as deep as they're saying, it'll probably lead to rule changes instead of penalties, because there's no way that the NCAA will allow college basketball to be destroyed.

Very few coaches involved, they did not know. Cal is fine, if this is all they got, nothing at all, "Bam" will pay the money back and that's it. If he was here, he would be ineligible. Collin Sexton and Miles Bridges, Wendell Davis. They maybe done immediately. If that is all they got on us. We are fine and maybe become a title contender. To me, this is great news. We are in great shape

I hope you’re right but I’m pretty sure it’s never fine to be on a list of federal indictment papers.

Well if this is true, lets not follow the example set by some "other fans" of their schools.

Lets dig into it, get to the bottom of it, deal with it, accept whatever punishment goes along with it, and move on!

If this stuff runs as deep as they're saying, it'll probably lead to rule changes instead of penalties, because there's no way that the NCAA will allow college basketball to be destroyed.

I tend to agree and not sure if anyone gets anything major but I will say it just looks very bad. To see a current player in Knox on here could be very distracting the rest of the year.

Not a word on Kansas! Interesting.
Josh Jackson is on there

also let's keep an itemized list with names detailing our likely hundreds of NCAA eligibility compromising transactions, lmao what a bunch of idiots

Reactions: awf
I tend to agree and not sure if anyone gets anything major but I will say it just looks very bad. To see a current player in Knox on here could be very distracting the rest of the year.
I'd guess that players that took money, where the school was aware of it, will be the most "punishable" cases...

I'm quite sure that no one at UK knew anything about this.

This is interesting! As a UNC fan I feel like we dodged a huge bullit once already but idk about this. Looks like a lot of schools should be worried.

A listing that refers to “BAM” for $12,000 is later identified in the documents as Edrice “Bam” Adebayo, who would go on to play at Kentucky in 2016-17. He did not sign with ASM. There’s a later reference to Adebayo that says he received $36,500. “Bad loan,” reads the document.

Nerlens Noel is on the list for $4350

Not sure if there are dates associated with the loans or what the listing implies.

complicating facet to this will be the NCAA’s potential inability to view key documents related to this case, because those details not in the criminal complaints are sealed under protective order. In terms of eligibility, the NCAA and the institution may be prohibited from interviewing people associated with the case because of the parallel criminal cases. (The initial onus to decide is almost always on the school in an eligibility case).No one is certain how the NCAA enforcement office would potentially handle the cases. The NCAA has been in constant contact with the feds but so far

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how many current players on this list will play this weekend. If these documents pan out I look for Kentucky to have to forfeit all the games that BAM and Noel played. This is truly depressing. Knox may have to repay meals, but he may be shut down in the short term. At this point in the season Knox may be done here. Hope the BAM and Noel payments happened after the season is our only hope.. ..

It will be interesting to see how many current players on this list will play this weekend. If these documents pan out I look for Kentucky to have to forfeit all the games that BAM and Noel played. This is truly depressing. Knox may have to repay meals, but he may be shut down in the short term. At this point in the season Knox may be done here. Hope the BAM and Noel payments happened after the season is our only hope.. ..
wow 29 whole posts

Reactions: Pluto is a Planet
The only thing that gives me hope is that this was written by Forde and Thamel. Both have been trying to take down Cal for years. But yeah, this is kind of scary.

Pat Forde is unlikely to defame Bam and Kevin to get to Cal. The fact that Bam did not sign with Miller probably is support for the assumption that Cal did not know.

It may also suggest Bam did not receive the money, but maybe his family did.

Reactions: brianpoe
ADVERTISEMENT