ADVERTISEMENT

Bam Adebayo deciding tomorrow

3806775-8268480290-c2631.jpg
With cal being the baddest man on the planet these days, does anyone think if bam picks UK tomorrow---the day of the duke game----it's kinda like cal saying " duke, you can have Giles. But I'm taking bam, and kicking your a** too" just seems too perfect. I hope this is true. May b the most athletic team cal has ever had----if he gets monk too. Incredible. Just incredible!!! Gbb

Um.......I need to publicly apologize. I never thought a Bam commitment was legit possibility and stated repeatedly on Rafters that Duke had #1 class sown up and it was unrealistic for us to think UK could still #1 after Giles committed. However if we get Monk we will be #1 and i've never been so happy to be so wrong.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Can't believe I'm typing this...but Bam is announcing for UK. This is the biggest coup of Cal's recruiting.

Absolutely unreal that he pulled this off.

Awesome. I had just summoned you but you had already posted.

We got him. Unreal. This is directly from someone as close to Bam as it gets without it being Bam himself.

I have no doubt you didn't think this was possible so I appreciate you coming back with this news.
This is unbelievable!!!!!

If this turns out to be a smokescreen, its a damn good one. Make the people who didn't believe we had a chance (Myself included.) eat crow, Bam.

If Matthews can improve:
Fox
Monk
Matthews
Bam
Gabriel

Bench of:
Sacha-Killeya
Lee
Willis

That lineup could easily win a title, only concern is depth in the backcourt.

We get those guys and we'll be #1 everywhere but ESPN...

Funny enough, for the hell of it, I played around with 24/7's class calculator, and it still had us as the #2 class behind Duke, even with the hypothetical additions of Bam and Monk. Has to be some kind of ridiculous error, right? I'll grant them that landing the #1 overall player should carry a lot of weight in the rankings, but I feel like Duke would also have to land Bolden for it to even be a debate should UK land the two guys in question.

Funny enough, for the hell of it, I played around with 24/7's class calculator, and it still had us as the #2 class behind Duke, even with the hypothetical additions of Bam and Monk. Has to be some kind of ridiculous error, right? I'll grant them that landing the #1 overall player should carry a lot of weight in the rankings, but I feel like Duke would also have to land Bolden for it to even be a debate should UK land the two guys in question.

They have Bam ranked kind of low.

I bet this list was what made the difference....NBA big men under Cal at UK
PF: Patrick Patterson, Terrance Jones, Julius Randle, Karl Anthony Towns, Trey Lyles
C: Demarcus Cousins, Daniel Orton, Josh Harrellson, Enes Kanter, Anthony Davis, Nerlens Noel, Willie Cauley Stein (Dakari Johnson drafted no NBA minutes yet)

Cal is THE BEST big man coach in the country. He gets all the pub for Point Guards but he is the best big man coach in college and it isn't close.

Reactions: goforitcats
Three more Crystal Ball picks have recently come in from Corey Evans, Chad Lykins, and Matt Scott all picking UK. I know the Crystal Ball generally sucks, but that's 6 picks within an hour and a half span that have all picked UK.

Reactions: jarms24

I did the same for the heck of it and wondered how it was possible for UK to be #2. Especially since according to their rankings landing Fox and Monk would be the #2 & #5 players. They don't even have Giles #1. They have him #3 behind Fox and Tatum is all the way down at #12. Seems odd.

Reactions: pikespeak1
Bam announcing tomorrow morning in Mike and Mike. Sometime between 6:30-7:30 am est
Even more reason to believe this is not a smokescreen. Why the hell would they go through that trouble just to announce so early in the damn morning. Also, the fact that he isn't doing a hat ceremony is a good sign because he likely wouldn't have picked UK in a local ceremony.

Let's see...

Bam (potentially), De'Aaron Fox, SKJ, Gabriel, with Humphries, Matthews, and Wynyard back after a year experience on the floor or in the S&C Program, plus a senior Willis and Hawkins. I'm seeing about 3-4 future NBA All-Stars there and a couple of long-time role player types who will make millions over their careers.

Sorry - I like my team better than anything than Duke or anyone else can put on the floor. Monk - surely you're not going to go to toil away at Hogtown instead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT