ADVERTISEMENT

Bam Adebayo deciding tomorrow

That kinda came out of no where. And I thought everyone was saying done deal 100% to NC State? Would love UK to land him... his performance in the Elite 24 game had me sold.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Would be a great addition to the team. I have wanted him since seeing him play on TV. The way he attacks the rim. He has such a great motor. Cal turns him into a top five pick, IMHO, if he comes here.

Smells like a major smokescreen. The only thing that gives me hope is that NC State just lost badly in their opening game (maybe reinforced his fears about playing for a lesser program that he was told was getting better), and that his decision is out of nowhere, such that a smokescreen doesn't make as much sense if you don't have some lead up time to the announcement.

Reactions: Hayes4prez
If he signs, thats a lot of mouths to feed at the 3,4 and 5 positions.

Not really. Considering Skal, Poythress and Lee are gone, it's about the same as this year with SKJ, Gabriel, Bam, Humphries and Wynyard. The commitment this early would actually make more sense for UK. He might want to lock his spot up...

Reactions: FlCATFan
Smells like a major smokescreen. The only thing that gives me hope is that NC State just lost badly in their opening game (maybe reinforced his fears about playing for a lesser program that he was told was getting better), and that his decision is out of nowhere, such that a smokescreen doesn't make as much sense if you don't have some lead up time to the announcement.

Maybe, but usually the smokescreens are from the ones who drag out their recruitments, and who we believe are leaning somewhere else until they tweet something cryptic or have a relative say it's a tossup or something similar. So, I agree with the second half of your statement. Doesn't mean he's coming here, but doesn't seem like an effort at hype to me.

Didn't think it would be announced soon, since there hadn't been any real chatter on here? If it is UK--- it'll be great to hear that mentioned during the UK-dook game. Of course, the announcers will then go right into their dook-#1-class-3-years-in-a-row spin.

It's Kentucky. Cal and Bam talked this weekend. Cal basically said "did you see what William and Mary did to State? What do you think UNC and Duke and Louisville and Syracuse are going to do? What do you think that will do to your draft stock."

Of course the State fans are already in full denial on this. And yes there is already a group of PackPride premium members claiming Cal is cheating to get Bam. Considering this is a local recruit that the State fans considered to be a lock, there is no telling how far some of the lunatics will go after Bam picks UK.

Didn't think it would be announced soon, since there hadn't been any real chatter on here? If it is UK--- it'll be great to hear that mentioned during the UK-dook game. Of course, the announcers will then go right into their dook-#1-class-3-years-in-a-row spin.

Yep. UK could land the next Kobe Bryant two summers before he suits up as a freshman with Kentucky and ESPN would still find a way to say he committed too late to be quantified within their ranking system.

I guess there's nothing left but to beat those Devils down tomorrow night and send Coach K to bed a loser.

either
1. it's misdirection
2. he sees UK's bigs and says I can get in immediately
3. saw what NCSt laid this weekend

Reactions: Bertway0
The only reason to declare early for NCS would be to
give credence to State and help to get others on board.

Of course, State's offer will still be their in May if he chooses to wait

Feels like a smokescreen to bring hype and attention to his announcement.

I would love to have him but I'll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: letitrainuk
I feel like it is state. Dennis smith mentioned him last week. He'll be guaranteed 38 minutes a game. Always hope with cal though.

He saw Giles pick Duke and he saw State lose to a High School team, I think that has helped our case.

If he wants attention and to be a top 5 pick then it's Kentucky.

And the winner is....

EDIT:

icon20634Demo.jpg

cal-laugh.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: JustinSphere
Gottfired needs good news after that disaster last weekend. Not sure why anyone would want to play for Gottfired but whatever.

Reactions: Bertway0
Potential lineup.

Tyler Ulis
De'Aaron Fox
Malik Monk
Wenyen Gabriel
Bam Adebayo

Charles Mathews
Derrick Willis
SKJ
Humphries

I think SKJ will end up being a top 10 player in this class, but if Ulis comes back that means a big name is coming off the bench. It could be Gabriel but who knows. all I know is this team would be unbelievable. A class of Fox, Monk, Gabriel, Bam, and SKJ would be better than Dukes' too IMO. Like I said SKJ is underrated and I expect to see him in the top 10 in the final rankings. It happens every year. A kid rises way up. Like Ingram this year. If Ulis does leave then we go big IMO

Fox
Monk
Gabriel
Bam
SKJ

Mathews
Willis
Humphries
Wynyard

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT