ADVERTISEMENT

B.B.N.C- Any Father/son want to Go to the Gator Bowl- A few more donations.

bradyjames

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Murfreesboro , TN
BBNC Started ten years ago with the 2006 Music City Bowl so let's give a set of Gator Bowl Tickets away. Below is the information. That year we(this site) sent 32 UK fans to that Bowl.

******We will buy two Gator Bowl tickets and meet you in Jacksonville to deliver*****

Big Blue Nation Cares (B.B.N.C) is back for the start of our tenth year. We started this in 2006 for the Music City Bowl. My true love is UK football and that is how it got started. We wanted father/sons to be able to spend some time together without the worry of expense. The reason for that was over the years my father had taken me on the long drive to Commonwealth Stadium from our new home town in Tennessee.

On those trips my father taught me many things but most importantly was how to treat others. So in 2006, I wanted other fathers to do the same with their sons. However,through this endeavor we have learned anybody can influence someone's life so you can be a relative, teacher etc..

**Now to the important important information.**

All we ask is you go to the game and have a good time.

Just post a short response why you would like to go to the game. There is no wrong answer. We will select one poster. This isn't about the toughest situation/saddest story. This is simple. We want a father/son to be able to go that wouldn't have without these tickets.

You must leave your email so we can contact you some time soon to get your mailing address.

Big Blue Nation Cares

Last edited:
I know there'll be many more deserving than my son and I, just want to say welcome back, Brady -- haven't seen you on here for a while and THANK YOU for doing this. I remember reading the first post you made about this in 2006 and literally being moved to tears reading some of the stories and realizing the generosity that exists out there.

The internet has had a lot of really bad about it over the years, THIS is one of the things from the internet that affected me more than probably anything I'd seen up to that point.

Not interested for myself, but would it be possible to put a friend of mine in the running? I don't want to get into specifics on here, but his son has prior health issues that left him very impressionable. He is constantly changing sports allegiances due to friends/family favoring UofL and a few other rivals. I feel this game could help cement him as a UK fan and would be a good time for both of them. Not to mention my buddy is one of the best guys I know -- not exaggerating in the slightest. He would do anything for anybody and is like Clark Griswald in a sense - a true family man, so I know he would appreciate this.My email is reloaduk54@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Reactions: bradyjames
BBNC Started ten years ago with the 2006 Music City Bowl so let's give a set of Gator Bowl Tickets away. Below is the information. That year we(this site) sent 32 UK fans to that Bowl.

******We will buy two Gator Bowl tickets and meet you in Jacksonville to deliver*****

Big Blue Nation Cares (B.B.N.C) is back for the start of our tenth year. We started this in 2006 for the Music City Bowl. My true love is UK football and that is how it got started. We wanted father/sons to be able to spend some time together without the worry of expense. The reason for that was over the years my father had taken me on the long drive to Commonwealth Stadium from our new home town in Tennessee.

On those trips my father taught me many things but most importantly was how to treat others. So in 2006, I wanted other fathers to do the same with their sons. However,through this endeavor we have learned anybody can influence someone's life so you can be a relative, teacher etc..

Just post a short response why you would like to go to the game. There is no wrong answer. We will select one poster and get the tickets. This isn't about the toughest situation/saddest story. This is simple. We want a father/son to be able to go that wouldn't have without these tickets.

You must leave your email so we can contact you some time soon to get your mailing address.

Big Blue Nation Cares
What a worthy endeavor bradyjames! I solute you sir!!!

Thank you Brady. I live in Louisville and tell people all the time that after driving to Lex for football games with my Dad I could never stop rooting for the cats. The subtext is what you describe about learning many other lessons on those trips. Hip hip horay for Brady. See you all in Florida.

First off, this is absolutely amazing that you continue to do this. Says alot about you Mr Burns. I'm sure there are way more deserving folks than myself, my son's mother and I have joint custody of my 10 year old son. I try to do as much as possible with him, we went to fan day but have never made it to a football game. He's not the cats fan his old man is but it would be an awesome memory. My email is daddyboo0370@yahoo.com

Just post a short response why you would like to go to the game. There is no wrong answer. We will select one poster and get the tickets. This isn't about the toughest situation/saddest story. This is simple. We want a father/son to be able to go that wouldn't have without these tickets.

Big Blue Nation Cares
How absolutely " Kool" is that bradyjames, congrats!!!!!

Prayers for you and your mom. I know the fight and keep on keeping on!!

Thanks she's not doing too well right now since it is in her liver. The fight is really taking its toll on her. Hoping I can make it down to Rupp for a game soon. Strange but I find comfort in the BBN and UK sports to kinda escape into, ya know.

Brady you simply amaze me, after I see the news every night I wonder how this old world makes it everyday and then I read your thread and get hopeful all over again. Keep up the good work and God Bless.

BradyJames, you are a fine person. I am going to the game and taking both of my sons. For all board members, I will be in the RV lot behind the stadium in the back corner away from the gate. Come look me up pre or post game. White and tan Allegro RV.
Merry Christmas, see you in Jax. GBB

Thank you Brady. I live in Louisville and tell people all the time that after driving to Lex for football games with my Dad I could never stop rooting for the cats. The subtext is what you describe about learning many other lessons on those trips. Hip hip horay for Brady. See you all in Florida.

Thanks for the kind words. It is cool to hear that other father/sons did the same thing around U.K. football.

Last edited:
Brady you simply amaze me, after I see the news every night I wonder how this old world makes it everyday and then I read your thread and get hopeful all over again. Keep up the good work and God Bless.

Once Bob Marley was shot and two days later he performed a free concert for 80,000. Someone asked him how he could perform so soon. His response "The people who are trying to make this world worse aren’t taking a day off. How can I."

Have faith Poe.

Matthew 5:16 Be the Light

Last edited:
Reactions: UK Cats Rock
Does BBNC accept donations? The reason I ask, my father died when I was 3 and I would have loved to have gone to a UK football game with him. I don't have much, but, I don't need much and am more than willing to make a small contribution to help.

Just to know that a father can look at his child's excitement and see that BBN isn't just some catch-phrase. Thank you, sir!

Brady my adult son will be going to the game and we are spending a few days at the beach as a family. Tradition is important. I love Kentucky and the values passed on like those you are promoting. Unfortunately, the lessons taught by UK football so often included how to deal with disappointment like a man, which is why I am so excited by this team and bowl game. Blessings to you and yours and GBB.

Hi I live in Jacksonville and have never seen the Cats play in person just on tv. I have 6yo daughter who has never watch a college or product game in person, she a big Kentucky fan, would awesome to take her and see our first WILDCAT game, thank you. topcats82@yahoo.com

Last edited:
I would love to take my father. He has been a Cat fan for many years and he got me into being a huge fan. My earliest memories of watching UK football with him are the years of Art Still and Derrick Ramsey. I also remember him being excited when they hired Jerry Claiborne. Thank you for having such a great idea Brady.

davidmackv@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Hello all. We are on family vacation so we have left this open for a few extra days. We will either have the community select a poster or we will do so in time for Christmas. So whoever gets to go can share the news for Christmas.

A few had mentioned above they wanted to help. If anybody wants to send the winner a gas card or a few bucks for snacks we can forward you their address when we get the information. Just PM me or email me at NathanVburns@gmail.com . If anybody wants to buy a particular poster (or contribute towards one) above a set of tickets PM me and we will get a few more Cat fans down to Jacksonville.

All the kind words are appreciated and fuel to the fire to keep pushing forward with this endeavor each year.

We have had two UK fans email me and offer another set of tickets from one and $100 in gas cards or cash from another. So we should be giving two sets of tickets away and a little spending $.

I haven't. I have been sick the past three days. Found out it was the flue type A today at the doctor's office. So I have to get well to get down to Jacksonville. If not, I will have to figure out what to do next. I have never had anything like this pop up during these giveaways. I just am sick at the moment. Wanted to make sure I was going before I promised something I wouldn't be there to deliver.

Will figure it out as soon as my fever breaks.

I am not going to be able to make it to the game due to illness. So my plan is to overnight a set of tickets to someone TODAY so person selected will need to get me their address. Also, we have a friend on the site that has a pair of club level tickets he wants to give as well. He will meet you in Jacksonville.

Just post a short response why you would like to go to the game. There is no wrong answer. We will select one poster. This isn't about the toughest situation/saddest story. This is simple. We want a father/son to be able to go that wouldn't have without these tickets.

Big Blue Nation Cares

Brady, I googled BBNC and found a couple of articles, but no web site/info on the organization, or group. A couple of names in one article. Is there an address where someone can send a donation? Thanks.

Reactions: blubud
Thank you Brady, sorry you cayn't make it, My daughter is so excited. Thank you again.

Hey Brady, sorry your not well bud.
If there's any tickets left to give away, I would love to take my 11 year old daughter that has become a huge UK football fan!
I assure you that she will make sure we are at our seats rooting on the cats until the final second tics off the clock!
She and I have never had a weekend away together and her mother didn't want to go all the way to Jacksonville to see the game so we didn't try to purchase tickets.
It would be great to have a couple tickets so we could go watch our Cats and enjoy the sunny beaches while my wife is stuck here in wintery KY.

I am not going to be able to make it to the game due to illness. So my plan is to overnight a set of tickets to someone TODAY so person selected will need to get me their address. Also, we have a friend on the site that has a pair of club level tickets he wants to give as well. He will meet you in Jacksonville.
Hope you feel better soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT