ADVERTISEMENT

At what point does Barney catch heat

Bye week blues with stoops and alot of us on here called it his teams are never prepared lethargic and undisciplined 4 and 9 coming off byes and 10 and 12 sec home games with a current 6 home game lose streak this is uncalled for and stoops needs to be fired immediately change needs to happen

Bye week blues with stoops and alot of us on here called it his teams are never prepared lethargic and undisciplined 4 and 9 coming off byes and 10 and 12 sec home games with a current 6 home game lose streak this is uncalled for and stoops needs to be fired immediately change needs to happen
He has built, created expectation, and been here long enough to never lose to Vanderbilt and USC at home.

Last edited:
The money and contract issue has always bothered me. Mitch has given Stoops way to much money for the production on the field, even with his two 10 win seasons.
Not only that all those millions thrown at upgrading the facilities which were needed to compete now we need to go out and find a young and ambitious coach like sumrall at Tulane

Reactions: catben
That’s what I’m wondering.

I will say this, we have the most foolish fan base in the country though. They believe whatever Barnhart and those KSR liars spew out.

Most fans were mad last night but they’ll wake up this morning cooled off and start talking about what the o-line or running game needs to do. Screw that. I’ve been over that BS for years.

Mitch Barnhart is just the athletic director but he has completely hijacked our athletics dept. He does absolutely nothing to please the fans who support the university.

Stoops has been here for over 1/3 and a little under 1/2 of my lifetime and I’m sick and damn tired of it watching his sorry ass football schemes. He is a loser and always will be.

Not that anyone cares but I’m to the point of calling it quits on all UK sports til Mitch and Stoops are gone.

When fans stop showing up
This is the answer UK seeks.

Mitch isn't going anywhere until he wants to. Think about all the debacles he has managed to luck his way out of during his tenure. He lucked out of that disastrous Calipari contract too.

Somehow he hangs in like a hair in a biscuit. The Prez loves him and so does the admin. We are stuck with him and his sorry assed contract choices.

Can't believe we almost pawned Stoops off on TAMU. So close yet so far away.

This is the answer UK seeks.

Mitch isn't going anywhere until he wants to. Think about all the debacles he has managed to luck his way out of during his tenure. He lucked out of that disastrous Calipari contract too.

Somehow he hangs in like a hair in a biscuit. The Prez loves him and so does the admin. We are stuck with him and his sorry assed contract choices.

Can't believe we almost pawned Stoops off on TAMU. So close yet so far away.
I am really excited about Mark Pope but if that doesn’t Pan out well Barney is toast

The money and contract issue has always bothered me. Mitch has given Stoops way to much money for the production on the field, even with his two 10 win seasons.
10 wins at UK was all smoke and mirrors. Easy schedule and a down SEC gave UK 10 wins, not Stoops. Now with the expansion of Okla. And Texas what you see this year will be the rule. 9,000,000 a year should make every UK fan storm Barney's office.

That’s what I’m wondering.

I will say this, we have the most foolish fan base in the country though. They believe whatever Barnhart and those KSR liars spew out.

Most fans were mad last night but they’ll wake up this morning cooled off and start talking about what the o-line or running game needs to do. Screw that. I’ve been over that BS for years.

Mitch Barnhart is just the athletic director but he has completely hijacked our athletics dept. He does absolutely nothing to please the fans who support the university.

Stoops has been here for over 1/3 and a little under 1/2 of my lifetime and I’m sick and damn tired of it watching his sorry ass football schemes. He is a loser and always will be.

Not that anyone cares but I’m to the point of calling it quits on all UK sports til Mitch and Stoops are gone.
Mark Pope says sorry to see you go

10 wins at UK was all smoke and mirrors. Easy schedule and a down SEC gave UK 10 wins, not Stoops. Now with the expansion of Okla. And Texas what you see this year will be the rule. 9,000,000 a year should make every UK fan storm Barney's office.
You are so obsessed with attacking Stoops you insist on discrediting our best accomplishments since the 50's outside of 2-3 seasons along the way. How much you pay the coach does not really aid in getting the job done.

Last edited:
Unless Coach Stoops wants to leave, his HUGE buyout will keep him here for at least 3-4 more years. Mitch deserves ALL of the "heat" at this point for that HORRIBLE contract that keeps UK from doing ANYTHING about the state of our football program.

I am EXTREMELY appreciative for what Coach Stoops accomplished here and how he brought our program up from such a low state, but for a coach that has built HIS program over a 12 year span to have the problems we saw last night AND over the past few seasons, there is NO EXCUSE for the undisciplined, mistake ridden play!!!

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it, but this feels eerily like Calipari 2.0
We are definitely heading that path again, crazy buyout and we know stoops ain’t gonna change anything or his philosophy. Maybe they’ll be an Arkansas come calling but he tried the a&m route and the fans and boosters bucked a hard no.

Mark Pope says sorry to see you go
What did I say that has anything to do with Pope?

I’m talking about Cal and Stoops. Do you not agree that they’ve both hung around too long? If you say no then you’re one of the fools I’m talking about.

Since you mentioned Pope I’ll also say, he wasn’t on ANYBODY’S top 5-10 list. You can say what you want. He appears to be killing it right now and I expect he’ll do good here.

Sorry your trap didn’t work here.

Reactions: UKortho
The giver of 9 long term 9 million dollar contracts
Stoops extension came after Cal finished 9-16 in 21, and lost to St Peters in 22. So, Mitch was feeling pressure from fans and witnessing Cal's decline with his ridiculous buyout, decided to do the same dam thing with Stoops. Mitch deserves alot of heat.

Reactions: BigBlue1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT