ADVERTISEMENT

Assuming we handle South Carolina in Ky; would a win over #1 Georgia be the biggest in program history?

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018
I think it would and here’s why:

It would top the Oklahoma Sugar Bowl win because that was 75 yrs ago and UK still didnt win the national title.

It would top the LSU win back in 2007 as UK didnt win the National Title that yr either.

I think a win over Georgia this season would be the biggest win in UK history as we would be 3-0, ranked in the top 10 (maybe top 5) and would have a realistic shot at the 12 team playoff, whereas we “could” win the National Title after beating #1..

Make no mistake, this UK team is loaded on both sides of the football and with the big game being in the Bluegrass we will have a realistic shot at beating the Bulldogs.

If we do best south carolina, I would say we should sit the starters and milk the clock with our backups. No chance in beating Georgia. best bet is to rest the starters for the other hard games coming up. Georgia is a dominant monster on a whole other level... same as bama in their hay day.

I mean we have to beat Georgia at SOME point but I’m pretty much penciling in a loss to them this year, which I’m fine with tbh

Reactions: Ky grandpa
Yes for the foreseeable future. GA is the Hurdle. And as long as we are in the running the GA game will always be the bar to hurdle. If you beat UGA you start thinking playoffs.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT